Author Topic: NHL 2010-2011 Regular Season  (Read 52718 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: NHL 2010-2011 Regular Season
« Reply #225 on: June 4, 2011, 10:20 PM »
Somebody please inform Mr. Bettman that it took 17 minutes to sell out the season tickets in the dubious market of Winnipeg.

"While I had no doubt the 'Drive to 13,000' would reach its destination, the remarkable speed at which it got there certifies the fans' hunger for NHL hockey and their commitment to True North's initiatives," said NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman in a statement before Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final in Vancouver.

Holy cow, that is awesome (and even better that you got your tickets too :)).

At least we know that the Manitoba Prairie Dogs Donuts Touks whatever will be around for 4-5 years at least :P
« Last Edit: June 4, 2011, 10:28 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 4, 2011, 11:46 PM »
The story going around now is that the tickets were actually gone in two minutes.  It took fifteen more ot process the orders. 

I've heard from a ton of people that were there right at noon and got shut out  :o  I'm guessing I scored tickets because I went for the best available seats.  I'm about one quarter of the way in for seats in the P3 section based on my numbering. 

I've been giddy as a school girl all day.  This week has been stressful; each time they bumped up that bar on the graph I was more concerned.  I should sleep like a baby tonight.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 5, 2011, 12:58 AM »
Wow, 2 minutes??  Suck on that Bettman.  >:D

Meanwhile, Boston is now down 2 games to 0 to Vancouver, yikes.  Who do they think they're playing, Montreal?  If they do, then I call Boston in 7.  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #228 on: June 6, 2011, 11:02 PM »
Wow.  Can I take my prediction back?  Because if tonight's any indication, Vancouver really should just forefeit the series.  Yikes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 6, 2011, 11:04 PM »
I think that's just old school assuming the series is over on the part of Vancouver.  They came in, forgot they actually had to play.  Boston had their backs up, home ice and had played tight games in Vancouver.  Boston finally got some breaks and the 'Nucks forgot to bring their game. 

Much outrage in Winnipeg that *gasp* people not in Winnipeg were able to buy season tickets solely with the intent of reselling them.  Welcome to the big leagues folks, things have changed in 15 years. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #230 on: June 6, 2011, 11:14 PM »
I'd like to think that, but man...  8...  2 Short-handed, and scoring right up to the last second.  Part of me thinks maybe Boston just got a major head of steam off tonight and Vancouver may be sent back home in Game 5 with their tails tucked between their legs.  Should be a really interesting next game.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 7, 2011, 08:05 AM »
Kind of reminds me of when Vancouver had a hiccup (or 3) against Chicago in the first round.  I can totally see Boston taking advantage of this and winning the next game as well.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 7, 2011, 10:04 AM »
Between game 2 and 3 I decided that I like Tim Thomas and was bummed that he played two good games (one fantastic one) and lost both... so I switched over to rooting for Boston and all of the sudden they scored 8.

I take full credit.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #233 on: June 7, 2011, 10:08 AM »
I'd like to think that, but man...  8...  2 Short-handed, and scoring right up to the last second.

Scoring those last three goals on the last three shots of the game - yeesh.  I sort of agree with Jesse.  When it was 4-1, I was thinking Vancouver still had a chance to bounce back, but when you pile on 8 like that, man that has to get in Luongo's head doesn't it?

And on the Rome/Horton situation... they almost have to suspend Rome, right?  Horton got away with the water bottle and Burrows got away with the bite because "it's the playoffs", but if they let the Rule 48 hit to the head go by without a suspension, especially after Horton is out now with a severe concussion...  can you say ultimate double-standard?
« Last Edit: June 7, 2011, 10:50 AM by Jeff »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 7, 2011, 03:22 PM »
Well Rome is gone for the rest of the finals (I'm assuming it's the next four games, not four games next season) so good on the league for that.  Nasty hit. 

As for Luongo, yup, gets in his head.  So does he respond by getting mad and shutting them out or is he toast?  Do they put in Schneider for a game?  Either way, Luongo doesn't have much leash there for the next game. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 8, 2011, 09:38 PM »
Here they go again!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #236 on: June 8, 2011, 11:06 PM »
  So does he respond by getting mad and shutting them out or is he toast?  Do they put in Schneider for a game?  Either way, Luongo doesn't have much leash there for the next game. 

Toast.   :-X

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 9, 2011, 12:02 AM »
Yup.  Looking for a little home ice help and the sitting of Luongo for the next game. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 10, 2011, 11:01 PM »
Oops.  No sitting of Lu and he comes back with a shutout.  Wonder if home ice matters?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 13, 2011, 10:34 AM »
Alright, now that that other league is done, let's talk hockey.  I'm pretty comfortable with saying Boston wins tonight.  Kind of frightening from a Vancouver standpoint that the top offense in the league hasn't put up many goals against Boston.  Pretty annoying to have a layoff this long between games though.