Author Topic: Target Vintage Collection 9-Figure Box Set  (Read 31925 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Target Vintage Collection 9-Figure Box Set
« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2010, 02:08 AM »
I'm surprised these aren't going faster, since it's the Christmas season. I thought that these would disappear fast. Maybe once the after-season clearance hits we'll being seeing these fly off shelves.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2010, 11:05 AM »
I don't know. They are just not that exciting.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #137 on: December 18, 2010, 03:45 PM »
I don't know. They are just not that exciting.

Same quantity as my previous report still sitting at my closest store.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 18, 2010, 04:44 PM »
One of my Targets is down to 16.....2 down from three weeks ago.  Ya this ain't a hot seller, and this Target is in a Richie Rich part of town.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2010, 11:48 AM »
Ours has had the same 7 or 8 on the shelf since they were put out.  A handful sold initially, but the rest seem to have hung on for the time being.  I still wouldn't mind grabbing one if they go on sale or clearance, but we'll see.  I would think that they would sell faster with Christmas shoppers, but I think price (although a good value for the number of figures, particularly to kids or new collectors) and maybe the sheer size of it (awkward to carry/wrap) may keep some casual customers away.  For a kid that doesn't have all these figures already though, it would be a pretty nice gift.  Nice mix of figures, even if it isn't Clone Wars or PT that they might be more familiar with.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2010, 07:10 PM »
This late into December... and my 2 local Targets STILL haven't put this out. I visited 1 of the 2 Targets today, and these 9-packs are nowhere to be found - not on the endcap, which for some reason is separated from the main Star Wars aisle. It bothers me how there's a whole two shelves (out of 3? 4?) in the endcap that are completely empty, and only one of the shelves is filled, with TCW figures and those "Hostage Crisis" packs. It's like they never got any shipments.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 20, 2010, 09:48 AM »
Feast or famine around here. They either are falling off the shelves or there are none to be found.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2010, 05:51 PM »
I am holding out for clearance these are everywhere. Stay on Target...
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2010, 08:20 PM »
I think these tri packs offer slight paintjob or some sculpt variations to the figures; like wider or closer stance, applications of shades, wash color, perhaps silver to the guns.
What I suppose is that the boxes who won´t be sold on Holidays would be opened to sellers of loose figures, perhaps by some speculators who pretend to raise the price of most wanted figures.

In a brief analysis I can tell, the speculators can´t won much profit from opening these boxes, cause they aren´t getting an extra piece like a build a droid part, a coin a slide; which they currently separate from the loose figure they sold.
They always sell the figure with its basic weapons, so let's imagine how they can made profit of the card.

In time of global crisis, when bussiness demands creativity, Hasbro strives to sell trhree figures at once, so the success depends on how desirable the character depictions are. Is very possible that in a short time Hasbro relaunches the  kenner baggies of the eighties, for figures they want to sell at a more economic price.

This would be appealing if baggies figures were sold at a considerable reduction from the current price, and if in the shops, toystores the speculators won´t interfere spoiling the offer.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 08:56 PM by EpicGon »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 24, 2010, 09:13 PM »
I was stunned to find this today on clearance for $24.98...I kid you not. They only had 1 left but it was in good shape. I had to walk away because it's not part of my personal focus and the unwieldy box size would make secondary shipping next to impossible.

Still, I thought this was a great deal and hopefully you guys that are interested will find these marked down similarly near you. I didn't stop at any other Targets so no idea if this was a regional thing or just a fluke.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #145 on: December 25, 2010, 02:16 PM »
I was gonna get it at $35, but it was a no-brainer at $25. I got a mint one too. Lord knows the store closest to me had enough.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 26, 2010, 09:03 AM »
just tried calling Target in my area on these.  The big store couldn't find it in there system with the DPCI, and the smaller store said they had 2 for $34.98.  I am not driving all the way out to that one...

looks like my shipped has sailed on this set.  I really only wanted Lando, and to a lesser extent FX-7.  I will ask again, if anyone snags this set and wants to unload either of those let me know.  thanks!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 04:14 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #147 on: December 26, 2010, 05:40 PM »
Smash,  I picked a set up and may unload some stuff so I'll be incontact.  I'm debating taking the set back, so I won't know till I ultimately decide on that.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 26, 2010, 05:59 PM »
awesome Jesse, thanks for the consideration