Author Topic: TVC will fail...  (Read 21281 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: TVC will fail...
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2010, 12:21 PM »
Bump...and while I totally dig the new ROTJ wave, many stores in my area are still full with the first Vinatge ESB wave.  In fact, I have no idea where TRU will even put new vintage if they even get them.

Maybe the new waves are moving, but the pegs are still loaded with slow selling stuff.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2010, 06:23 AM »
My pegs are mostly swarming with Cloud Car Pilots, AT-AT Commanders and Dacks. The others seem to sell decently enough though. I think Hasbro might be able to solve a lot of the glut problems if they just learn to plan that first wave out better. Fill it with really high demand figures that everyone wants, preferably in multiples, because wave 1 always ends up being overshipped and causing pegwarmers that sit for a long time.

I don't really think this line is doing too badly, though I'm definitley getting sick of seeing clones in this line. I'm perfectly fine leaving the clones to Clone Wars and Legends. They could use those slots on much more interesting figures that I'm sure no one would complain about. Why not stick the 2nd Utai in there, or pack that shaven hoth trooper in there, or even pack in a "new" Hoth trooper with the old body and a new head. The same could be done for the Endor Trooper, put out a clean shaven Endor trooper. That'll probably sell a lot better that Gree for the third time over the last couple years.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2010, 12:55 AM »
Fill it with really high demand figures that everyone wants, preferably in multiples, because wave 1 always ends up being overshipped and causing pegwarmers that sit for a long time.

That's really true, actually.

My area is clogged with 4-LOMs, a few Bespin Pilots, and even fewer Dengars. But the real clogger here is 4-LOM. All this glut has made a huge dent into how much ROTS-wave stuff can share the pegs with the ESB leftovers, and all those pegwarming Obi-Wans, combined with the others, leave even fewer room for the ROTJ wave. TCW stuff seems to come out more than the pegs can handle, though, and I'm starting to notice than even Ahsoka is starting to pegwarm!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2010, 01:22 AM »
My area is almost entirely made up of:

-ROTS Wave Obi's and Ani's, Barely updated Clones (mostly with yellow helmets, some without), Cody's, and Sandtroopers (nothing a good sale wouldn't clear out though, on the latter).

-ESB Wave 4-LOM, Dengar, Han, Vader, and a smattering of AT-AT Commanders now, though it took him a while to get to this stage.

I've not seen much ROTJ Wave at all here, though I see Luke, R2, and Ackbar (though less than the other two) from the wave fairly routinely now.  The rest of the wave I saw on the pegs for the first time tonight, besides Woof who I'd seen a couple times before. 

I've not seen figures like Boba Fett, Dak, Magna Guard and some others in quite some time though, and the ROTJ Wave figures I didn't list have been almost impossible to nab here...  I keep seeing the ones I mentioned though, so I know I'm not getting there in time anyway.

And I still don't see the Legends Battledroid 2-pack...  Seriously, that thing's impossible to find unless TRU has them all.  WM, KM, and Target rarely ever have gotten them.  I bought 2 sets, and they're the only 2 I've seen since the line relaunched.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2010, 11:49 PM »
^Like you mentioned above, I'm seriously surprised that TVC Anakin (Vader) is a pegwarmer. Maybe because he's also in the SL line, with all those weapons, not to mention the card and stand...
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: December 1, 2010, 01:23 AM »
I think that doesn't help.  I think it was Jeff mentioned the weird Legends/TVC match-ups being negative to certain figures first, but I think they're a huge detriment to one another as well...  I don't think it necessarilly jives on some comparisons like Dak and Luke SNowspeeder, but on main characters like Anakin TVC and Anakin Legends, how  can it not?  TVC has the cloak and better arms, but Legends is (generally, in theory) cheaper with more stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 1, 2010, 11:50 AM »
I think a lot of it is relative to the area one is in too.

The Vintage Anakin/Vader seems to move pretty well in my area, but the Dak figure... let's just say it's a good thing he was apparently produced in low numbers.  He is pretty easy to find still around my parts, especially at all the Targets. 

Around here, the pegwarmers are as follows:

ESB - Han, Dengar, 4-LOM (I'll include Dak, but really he's just hanging around at Target stores)

ROTS - Clones, Clones, Clones, Sandtroopers and Kenobi - though I still see a few Magna Guards and Grievous from time to time... and I've yet to see a single Clone or Sandtrooper without some sort of yellowing going on.  It's always the helmets on the Clones and the thighs on the Sandtroopers... after going through hundreds of them, still haven't found a good one yet.  That's sad.

ROTJ - Too early to call any of these pegwarmers, other than maybe Ackbar

Again, it can be relative to one's area though - there hasn't been a single figure in my area that I haven't seen at least a couple dozen of now other than ROTJ wave - and that Battle Droid 2-pk?  I could have bought close to 50 of them by now if I wanted.  Just saw about 8 more the other day on a single toy run (all at Wal-Mart and TRU)... Jesse, maybe your Wal-Mart will get in some pallet display shippers, if so check them out as they have the Battle Droid 2-pk included.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 1, 2010, 02:17 PM »
Yeah, it probably depends a lot on the area, but the main pegwarmers locally seem to be largely from the ROTS wave.  There are a few stragglers from ESB (mainly 4-LOM, Han, and Dengar - although the others can be found), and with ROTJ it is a little early to tell (although after the wave is stocked, it seems like Woof and for some reason the Endor Soldier are often the last to go).  Honestly, it is surprising to me, but I think the biggest pegwarmer overall (maybe next to 4-LOM) is the Sandtrooper.  I see several of those at each store.

On the other side of things, the scarcest (or first to go from each wave) seem to be Luke/Leia/Dak, no one in particular from ROTS really - maybe Palpatine, and Luke/Wicket/Gamorrean Guard from the ROTJ wave (although they are all moving briskly right now).

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 1, 2010, 10:39 PM »
I think a lot of it is relative to the area one is in too.

Yeah, that's really true.

You mentioned in your post that Dak's relatively easy to find in your area... in mine, not so much. He's probably one of the first to fly off the pegs. And I also haven't seen that Battle Droid 2-pack more than once.

It seems, though, that in no matter what area (at least from what people have said), Boba Fett, Darth Sidious, Magna Guard, and Gam.Guard are all the hardest to find.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: December 1, 2010, 11:19 PM »
I saw a Fett tonight, for the first time in ages.  Was there a case he's reshipping in?  I thought he wasn't coming back out.

Nothing else was there to make me think it was a Wave 1 case that trickled out, and the odds it was a return seem slim.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 2, 2010, 01:00 AM »
I saw a Fett tonight, for the first time in ages.  Was there a case he's reshipping in?  I thought he wasn't coming back out.

I believe Fett was repacked in four different assortments of Wave 2. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: December 2, 2010, 01:49 AM »
Nothing much from Wave 2 either, though I did see a Greivous and he's kind of uncommon around here too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 2, 2010, 11:14 AM »
Maybe someone hid him behind something else in the aisle with intent to get the figure later, but never did.  Then an employee organizing the aisle found it and stuck it back on the pegs.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 2, 2010, 11:39 AM »
"an employee organizing the aisle"  Don't make me laugh!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 2, 2010, 01:50 PM »
...each night at the Targets around here, the employees do a great job cleaning up the aisles.  Not too bad at Wal-Marts either.