Author Topic: Target Vintage Collection TIE Fighter  (Read 3573 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Target Vintage Collection TIE Fighter
« on: October 8, 2010, 10:12 PM »
Alright, not the most exciting re-release, but I picked mine up today and was wondering who was going to take the cockpit from this and put it with the large wing versions? I was planning on keeping mine sealed and wasn't going to spring for any others unless the color match was reasonable. I'm just concerned since the designer said that he took another crack at getting the color right.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2010, 10:44 PM by Jeff »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Target Vintage Collection TIE Fighter
« Reply #1 on: October 8, 2010, 10:55 PM »
I was gonna buy this, put my incomplete 1995 TIE Fighter back in its box and return it.

I'm kidding.

I already put my old TIE in the snowspeeder box and returned it.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 8, 2010, 10:55 PM by scockery »

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #2 on: October 9, 2010, 06:48 AM »
Is the color/tooling different/new? Pics?
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 03:15 PM »
Well - I picked one up this morning and the cockpit is the new one with the ejection seat - so from that stand-point it is "new" since we've never gotten the TIE with this size wings and that cockpit combo.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 05:37 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 02:28 AM »
Does the cockpit color jive with the old big-wing TIE?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 09:20 AM »
Supposedly not. That was kind of the point for posting the thread, I wanted to see if anyone had tried (or was planning) to put this cockpit with any of the large wings.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 11:22 AM »
Ok - I have all of my big-wing TIEs in display cabinets I can tell you that the new cockpit clearly does not match the ROTS-era Target Exclusive TIE, the White-ish/Gray TIEs from TRU, the Ecliptic Evader TIE or the SOTE Reddish-hue cockpit TIE.

To my eye and with the lighting I have in the basement, it looks like the cockpit is CLOSE to the TAC light-gray exclusive release, but not exact.

Unfortunately, I do not have all of my small-wing TIEs out but this light color gray that's on the Vintage Packaging Exclusive version doesn't seem to match any of those previous releases either - but I'm old and my memory for this kind of stuff is circling the toilet.

It does look like a very close gray to the light-gray TIE Bomber.

So for me, it's like Adam Pawlus always says, different enough to make you mad. The color doesn't match either of the two previous "Ejector Seat" releases of the TIE cockpit, so for that alone, it's "different enough" to warrant an opener purchase (to me at least).

Not sure if that helps anyone make a decision or not.

Now I have to wonder if the new Snowspeeder in the vintage packaging is any different that the regular Shadows of the Darkside release.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 11:23 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 09:41 PM »
That helps me not to purchase another. Thanks.