Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 20 (aka 2011 Wave 1?)  (Read 16612 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 20 (aka 2011 Wave 1?)
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 02:05 AM »
Hevy looks great, I'm glad Hasbro gave him the full 14 points of articulation instead of resorting to Commander Stone-esque articulation. I'm excited for this wave, mostly for the new Season 3 releases. Sure, Season 3 has been pretty dry so far, but so far it's produced a lot of great figures.

JTA also posted this image of the upcoming Obi-Wan. I'm definitely stoked for this release more so than the others, but I can't figure out if he has ankle articulation. It looks like the figure has swivel ankles... ???
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 03:00 AM »
Yeah, uh, I think that turned up here too.   ;)

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 03:35 PM »
Yeah, uh, I think that turned up here too.   ;)

Oh, sorry!! :-X I hadn't seen the image here before, so I thought I'd link it... good figure sculpt, anyways. ;)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2010, 06:14 PM »
Has Hasbro given any indication on the fate of the Hondo repack?

We have him listed as part of this wave, yet he's not in either of the wave pre-order case content listings.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 09:21 PM »
No comment from Hasbro either way on Hondo. 

All we know for sure is that Hondo was pictured on the sample Hevy cardback...  but that was just an early sample.  His repack may have been pulled, but Hasbro hasn't said anything publically about it yet.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 01:44 AM »
That early sample can't be valid anymore. Based on the numbering, it looks like it assumes that the previous wave still included Clone Commander Jet and that Cato was CW38 (instead of CW37).

Oh well, I guess we'll know soon enough when that wave starts to hit sometime next month...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 09:12 AM »
Funny, I hadn't even noticed that until you mentioned it. I can't imagine any reason why he would be dropped though. It's a figure they've already mass produced previously so there couldn't be production issues. And they already have 4 "new" figures in this wave, so it seems unlikely they would substitute something else new, like Jet or Cad Bane in disguise. (seriously Hasbro - WHEN?!?!)

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 7, 2011, 11:13 AM »
This Wave is In Stock now at BBTS, and there is indeed no listing for Hondo.

I am hoping this means they will start showing up at retail before too long, although the way the pegs are filled around here I'm not sure they'll even get stocked right away.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Target will probably be the first to get these, since they had the Embo wave first and Walmart got the Vos wave first. TRU is hopefully out of the picture because their prices are just stupid.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 7, 2011, 06:54 PM »
This Wave is In Stock now at BBTS, and there is indeed no listing for Hondo.

No listing for Hondo?! That's a shame, I was counting on getting him this time since I missed the first run back in January 2010.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 02:34 AM »

A new carded shot of Bane & TODO-360, nice and large...  Clicky to check it out.

I'm thinking because they gave him the coat I'm not going to feel quite so bad buying another Cad Bane.  Though at this point I don't really need him at all, but I do kind of want TODO to go with him and this one seems just a hair superior to the Deluxe figure.  It'll complement the Deluxe figure I guess.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 02:37 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 03:57 AM »

Also a carded Hevy in Training Armor pic...  Clicky.

Neck seems a little goofy long, but I still think he looks great.  One of the cooler figures in a while to me.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 04:07 AM by Jesse James »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 08:41 AM »
Is Cad Bane's head new?  It looks better to me.  This one doesn't seem to be as "flat faced" to me.  The initial release didn't seem to have much definition in the face.  This one looks more menacing.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 09:52 AM »
What a great week for new images...I only hope we see these 2 guys on the pegs before the end of this month.

Is Cad Bane's Man-Purse a new accessory? I can't recall...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 10:05 AM »
Is Cad Bane's head new?  It looks better to me.  This one doesn't seem to be as "flat faced" to me.  The initial release didn't seem to have much definition in the face.  This one looks more menacing.

Looks new to me.

What a great week for new images...I only hope we see these 2 guys on the pegs before the end of this month.

Is Cad Bane's Man-Purse a new accessory? I can't recall...

I can't tell if it is a new mold or a repack of the Deluxe version.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 03:57 PM »
I'm 99% sure that's a repack man-bag.  The strap has the same curve in the back that the deluxe figure's has.

I actually wound up with a clearanced pirate bike and gave one of the packs to a Hoth Rebel and it looks pretty neat.  Like he's a courrier or officer or something.  Some of them had different packs and stuff ( no man-bags, but one can imagine), so it's a neat little piece to have extras of in its own right.