Author Topic: Gentle Giant Jumbo Vintage Kenner Figures  (Read 51919 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Gentle Giant Jumbo Vintage Kenner Figures
« Reply #30 on: May 2, 2012, 10:02 AM »
I picked up Boba Fett, Stormtrooper, and a Jawa. I see myself wanting Yoda and without a doubt Ananaman if they ever get to him. I wouldn't be able to resist a Rebo Band either.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 04:57 PM »
I'm on a slippery slope with these now.  I started off with 3PO and R2, and have also added Han/Chewie to the shelf now as well.  I tried ordering Luke, but it turns out he was out of stock, and I haven't seen him available elsewhere yet either.  Our daughter really wants the Leia one, so I did order one for her b-day later this summer.  I had aspirations of "sets of 2" with these, and then stopping, but that might be it unless I can track down a Luke for a decent price.  They sure are neat though, I'd love to see some people's displays who have been keeping up with them.  It seems like you could do something spiffy with those giant cardbacks as well, for a collection room or something.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 05:15 PM »
Brian, are you planning to open yours?  I found Chewie on the cheap and figured I would just get one of these.  Then I popped him open and could not resist getting more.  I have since snagged Fett, Vader, and the DS Trooper.  I also have Luke, Han, Leia, Stormtrooper, and Threepio on the way.  Luke is mostly sold out everywhere I've looked (along with Ben and the Jawas), but you can still get Leia for a good price on Ebay or Amazon.  I'm planning to display mine loose - just don't have room for them with the packaging.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2012, 07:38 AM »
So, I signed up for the guild membership and received a $30 off coupon from GG.  Anyone know if I can use it on pre-orders?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2012, 02:22 PM »
Brian, are you planning to open yours?  I found Chewie on the cheap and figured I would just get one of these.  Then I popped him open and could not resist getting more.  I have since snagged Fett, Vader, and the DS Trooper.  I also have Luke, Han, Leia, Stormtrooper, and Threepio on the way.  Luke is mostly sold out everywhere I've looked (along with Ben and the Jawas), but you can still get Leia for a good price on Ebay or Amazon.  I'm planning to display mine loose - just don't have room for them with the packaging.

I actually have opened all of the ones I've gotten so far.  With it being so simple to repackage them, why not?  Plus, it is tough enough finding room to display these without having to try and hang those gigantic cardbacks :).  It has been said before, but these things are a slippery slope.  I picked up the droids, then that led to Han and Chewie, and now I have a Leia (for our daughter's b-day) and Vader sitting in my "Pile of Loot" at BBTS.  Also picked up a discounted Chewie for our daughter's b-day as well.  I wanted to get Luke, but he seems to be sold out everywhere that I've seen.  I originally thought if I could get him, and then maybe a Stormie to stand next to Vader, that would be enough.  Then again, I did preorder the Yoda too.  It is getting out of hand.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2012, 09:35 AM »
I was able to secure an order for Han (Big Head) and Leia for $50 each as well, and threw in Hammerhead and Greedo for $65 each. 

So, with Greedo and Hammerhead being delayed, I swapped those two out of my order and grabbed Stormtrooper and C-3PO instead.  Shipping is free, so I snagged all four of these for just $230.  I picked up a Han/Luke combo off Ebay, so figured I would have an extra Han coming from this order.  Imagine my surprise when I popped open the box to find...SMALL HEAD Han Solo!  I was hoping to score one of these for under $100, so definitely please with getting one at $50.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2012, 07:58 PM »
Are they plannng to skip the Power Droid?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2012, 08:38 PM »
At this point I would say no because they have done everything else...but they are also skipping around with the GG and Yoda so who knows??

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2012, 08:53 PM »
I think he's somewhat complex and going to take a little longer is all...  just my opinion, but he was a little more involved, what with the clickity clicking and all that jazz.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2012, 03:44 PM »
Got word from GG that they are going to offer the Jumbo Kenner display that was shown at SDCC later this year.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2012, 11:54 PM »
Yes at SDCC I asked them about the display and it will definitely be for sale.
He's no good to me open

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2012, 12:49 AM »

Isn't that what Jayson just said?

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2012, 02:08 AM »

Isn't that what Jayson just said?
No Jason said HE got word, I said I asked. I was just agreeing with the post since I asked myself and got the same response,There are two diffrent people.
He's no good to me open

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #43 on: August 2, 2012, 08:03 PM »
Just got word tha Greedo and R5-D4 are shipping in the next 90 days.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 2, 2012, 08:09 PM »
Just got word tha Greedo and R5-D4 are shipping in the next 90 days.

FINALLY!  Got my Blue Snags on Monday and he looks fantastic.  Can't wait to get the rest of the Cantina guys now.