Author Topic: Gentle Giant Jumbo Vintage Kenner Figures  (Read 51909 times)

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Jumbo Vintage Kenner Figures
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 01:27 PM »
Like X-Wing gear?  Is that a recent announcement?  I missed that.  And is there a pic yet?

Edit: Here he is.  Man, that's nice.
http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/toyfair2012/diamond/target4.html
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:32 PM by Sir Real »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 02:59 PM »
Like X-Wing gear?  Is that a recent announcement?  I missed that.  And is there a pic yet?

Edit: Here he is.  Man, that's nice.
http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/toyfair2012/diamond/target4.html

I didn't see Luke X-Wing or Power Droid announced yet - I just had them on the list of 21 backs.  I like how they are starting witht he Star Wars carded vintage first before moving to Empire and ROTJ figures (except Gammorean of course).  Thanks for the head's up on Luke - I will edit the list.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 03:14 PM »
DS Commander has been released

Boba is on a ESB card...there is probably a good chance that he'll be rereleased on a SW card

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 04:29 PM »
Updated.  Thanks Scott!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 12:11 PM »
Well, I got my first one of these yesterday.  I had preorder C-3PO and R2-D2 thinking that although I couldn't afford all of them, it would be nice to have a couple to display.  I got 3PO from BBTS yesterday, and these really are great.  I can't wait for R2 to be released, but it already seems like a slippery slope with these.  I also have a Chewie on the way - which may lead to a Han, but I really need to stop there.  I had a grand idea of just having some "sets of 2" and continuing on with Luke/Leia, Vader/Obi-Wan or something, but it seems to branch out awfully quickly that way.  All that said, the 3PO looks great, and I can see why so many of you love these.  It would be cool to see some people's displays of these.  If/when they get to all of the original vintage line (or even most of it) it could make for a pretty impressive (although massive) display.  I got a wave of nostalgia when I opened up that 3PO, pretty cool.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 06:10 PM »
Found a guy willing to sell me both the Empire Fett and 12-Back 12" Vader figures for $200 shipped.  SCORE.  Got them today and they are magnificent.  Wish I had the space to display the carded. 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 12:03 AM »
Picked up the Chewie today for 50% off at Gentle Giant's website... couldn't resist at that price. There are so many others that I'd like; Fett, Jawa, R2, Vader, Hammerhead, Greedo, etc., but I'm mainly holding out for Yoda and maybe a power droid.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 12:53 AM »
Ooh, Yoda.  Never crossed my mind before, but if they're making a Snaggletooth, I'd think they have to make a Yoda.

I'd also like IG-88, Akbar, Snowtrooper, TIE fighter pilot, Lando.  The list goes on...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:55 AM by Sir Real »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 07:22 AM »
Picked up the Chewie today for 50% off at Gentle Giant's website... couldn't resist at that price. There are so many others that I'd like; Fett, Jawa, R2, Vader, Hammerhead, Greedo, etc., but I'm mainly holding out for Yoda and maybe a power droid.

That's a nice score.  Chewie was my Gateway figure as well.   ;)  If you're looking for others, check out scifigenre.com.  They have at least half of the 12" figures available and they're mostly around $65 with free shipping on any orders > $75. 

I managed to score Vader and Fett for $200 shipped from a guy on another site.  Fett is amazing - almost a shame to take him out of the package.  I love the vinyl cape figures in large size as well.  I'm hoping to find a good deal on Vinyl Jawa and Obi-Wan somewhere, but need to take a break in the spending for a while.   :-\

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 10:18 PM »
I just bought R2-D2 and C-3PO.  Also, I plan to buy R5-D4 and a Power Droid if they make that one.  I really wouldn't mind having everything but I think I'll stick to just the Droids if possible.

I sure hope Gentle Giant doesn't start making some 1982/83+ ARAH GI Joe Jumbo figures.  Those would really be hard to pass on.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:19 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 10:49 PM »
Ok, I looked over what else is coming out and I think Greedo, Hammerhead, Death Star Droid and Walrus Man are on my list. 

Oh, and I missed Sand People and Jawa too. 

Not really sure I will ever buy the human characters at this scale.  Mostly just the aliens.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2012, 07:56 AM »
Yeah, Cantina guys are tempting... and Boba.

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2012, 10:51 AM »
Oooh, Cantina... How about a Cantina band member?   :)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2012, 04:24 PM »

That $40 Chewbacca is tempting.  How much was shipping? 

Are they skipping Power Droid?  I sure hope not.  That was my all time favorite figure when I was 4. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2012, 04:40 PM »
These things, like much of the cooler stuff, are a slippery slope.  I started off just wanting the droids, then added Chewie, and now I'm thinking about more.  There is no way I'd have room for them all, but now I'm starting to think it would be fun to have sets of two (Droids, Han/Chewie, Luke/Leia, Vader/Obi or Stormie).  We'll see what the budget allows, but they definitely are fun.