Author Topic: Gentle Giant Jumbo Vintage Chewbacca  (Read 4680 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Gentle Giant Jumbo Vintage Chewbacca
« on: September 18, 2010, 10:46 PM »
Chewbacca and 'Big Head' Han Solo have been officially announced by GG and are now up for pre-order at a bunch of etailers.  There will be a 'small head' variant Han, which will be available as a chase figure in the Jumbo Han case plus a small quantity that will be available via the GG Premiere Guild.

If I were going to buy any of these, it would be these two.  Very tempting...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 11:32 PM »
Well the PG one appeared to be sold out last night as I received the email at that time and checked.  Might be some floating around still.  Just too much money for me to chase these down.  For what I could spend on the first 12 of these (~$1500) I could probably wrap up my real 12 back collection and that holds far greater appeal for me. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Biffette

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 02:58 PM »
When are they going to get to Lobot, that's what I want to know.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 03:03 PM »
Lobot's duplex could use another addition but I'd be surprised if the line lasts long enough for that to happen.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 04:42 PM »
Chewbacca and 'Big Head' Han Solo have been officially announced by GG and are now up for pre-order at a bunch of etailers.  There will be a 'small head' variant Han, which will be available as a chase figure in the Jumbo Han case plus a small quantity that will be available via the GG Premiere Guild.

If I were going to buy any of these, it would be these two.  Very tempting...  :-\

Yeah, I got that e-mail announcing these as well, and I'm in the same boat as Jeff - these two are very tempting.  I don't know if I could afford it really, or if the budget could be better spent elsewhere (like Brent mentioned, vintage figures themselves), so I'm not sure if I'll bite or not.  If I were to get any of these, I always thought it would be Han/Chewie or C-3PO/R2-D2.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Jumbo Vintage Chewbacca
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 12:53 AM »
In the vintage line 3 3/4 inches and 12 inches Chewbacca used the same sculpt for the body (in different sizes), only the larger wookie got a removable bandolier.

Han Solo looks a bit brighter than the original 3 3/4 inches figure, matbe for the polish of the sculpt.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: March 2, 2011, 03:39 PM »
This should be out this month...I am not holding my breath but it should be out this month :P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 02:32 PM »
I see this is one of GG's April sale items, down to $40.  I should have just waited about a month, and could have saved $20.  Oh well, nice price though.  Our daughter loves the three of these we have, I was tempted to pick one up for her at that price.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 08:11 PM »
I pulled the trigger on Chewy over the weekend. For $40, it was tough to pass on the fuzzball.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird