Multimedia > The Sequel Trilogy

Star Wars Sequel Trilogy Speculation

<< < (2/14) > >>

Lestat:
If they did another trilogy I would want it to be in the distant past or far enough beyond ROTJ that the original heroes could reprise their roles. No more movies or media that take place in a time period "between" other movies. The Clone wars series is boring because you know how everything turns out. There is no sense of urgency and there are no surprises. It's nice to have plot twists like Yoda's death and Darth Vader's reveal, they make the OT special. 

darth broem 2:
I always thought he would make another trilogy to be honest.  There is too much money to be had by making movies.  I expect another around 2018-2020.  It would not surprise me at all.  I think it will either be something way, way, way before or after the whole Skywalker saga.  Although a young Yoda sounds kind of fun IMO. 

Morgbug:

--- Quote from: darth broem 2 on February  8, 2011, 10:32 PM ---I always thought he would make another trilogy to be honest.  There is too much money to be had by making movies. 
--- End quote ---

Yup, and that concerns me.  I think I'd like to see another trilogy in the SW universe but I'm worried it'll end up being a commercial rather than an artistic venture.  While I readily admit I enjoyed the PT in the theaters that's as much due to being a SW geek as anything else.  Upon reflection the movies are somewhat disappointing  but that's ok, it was somewhat inevitable.  What's more irksome is the clear drive that marketing had behind influencing aspects of the movie - hence the rainbow colored clones and that's now just annoying.  I honestly can't see a resolution of going from dayglo to basic white from OT to PT but I suppose that's a pet peeve now. 

If they could turn this over to someone other than Lucas and start anew, whether it's one of the EU storylines or something new then I'd be more supportive.  I'm quite confident I'd see the movies anyway but I agree with Master_Phruby in that they need to reboot in some sense.  Maybe not exactly like Trek did because new characters would be welcome and I'd hate to see them copy that format exactly with new actors in place of the old to tell roughly the same story.  But if they brought in new actors in the classic roles (Han, Leia, Luke, etc.) to tell something like the post-ROTJ era (without frikkin' ewoks) and didn't just use it as a commercial for special effects and to sell toys, then yeah, I'm ok there.  Plot, subtlety and all that other wacky stuff from the first trilogy is most welcome.  Forced, tedious romance with a plethora of colored toys not so much.   ;)

Jesse James:

--- Quote ---I honestly can't see a resolution of going from dayglo to basic white from OT to PT but I suppose that's a pet peeve now.
--- End quote ---

This was actually something I didn't really mind, only because I always tied it to the notion that the Jedi treated the Clones like people, and wanted them to have pride in themselves and what they did...  The Republic treated them like cannon fodder, and nothing more than a tool to win the war without their ***** asses having to do any of the dirty work.  Kind of like the poor getting drafted and sent to war in history while the more well-off enjoy the benefits, just more sci-fi.

So the Jedi sort of feel bad for the clones being used as pack animals, and bring out that sense of individuality.  Pride in your unit by decorating their armor, pride in themselves with actual names instead of alpha-numeric designations. 

And the Empire then wipes that all clean pretty much (except in some ****** EU) and makes the soldiers back into faceless obedience, there to do a job and nothing more. 

That's just how I always looked at it, even before any expansion material latched onto it Brent.  Just my personal opinion.  I thought it sort of tied the Jedi and CLones even more tightly together, and made their ultimate betrayal a little more dramatic to me.

On the other subject...

A new trilogy using new actors in a new setting?  I'm cool with that.  Not seeing Carrie Fisher and Mark Hammil anywhere near it though. ;D  A reboot ala Star Trek?  That's an interesting concept.  I think any of its success (critical anyway, since financial seems guaranteed for the Star Wars brand) depends on how deep a certain individual's digits are burried into it.  I just don't have faith in his ability to consistantly wow his fans like he did in the 70's and 80's.

501ST:
Hopefully LFL does not make any more SW movies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version