Author Topic: Hasbro & Collectors  (Read 12763 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro & Collectors
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2010, 11:11 PM »
I've read through the Q&As and I must have missed it - was there an announcement about Bric?

Sorry, wish I could link you directly to the Q&A. but the gist of it was that Hasbro came out and said they will not be doing any more TCW mailaway promotions going forward. Bric will be the last. Apparently the implication is that this promotion is not doing as well as the Vebb one.

"blah blah blah...  Due to lower response compared to the Vintage or Saga-focused mail-ins, it's unlikely that we'll be doing any more Clone Wars-focused mail-ins."
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2010, 11:21 PM »
I'm ordering another Bric this weekend I think...  Maybe two.  I need to poo or get off the pot I guess on those anyway, but just drug my feet.  It's a cool figure though.  A shame the mail-ins are dwindling for TCW.  It's a good way to unveil new characters and peak curiosity with people.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2010, 11:11 AM »
I blame the way they advertised it. They put a little blurb on the top of the bubble where no one will see it. They needed a sticker on the front with a picture of the figure like they did for Boba and Vebb. It didn't help that half of them talked about a play mat instead of the figure too.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2010, 11:36 AM »
I blame the way they advertised it. They put a little blurb on the top of the bubble where no one will see it. They needed a sticker on the front with a picture of the figure like they did for Boba and Vebb. It didn't help that half of them talked about a play mat instead of the figure too.

Maybe it also didn't help that there are two offers at the same time. If collectors (or kids) had to choose one, I think Boba would win out. Even though the Eopie and Nadarr offers did have some overlapping time, the Eopie offer started in mid-2009 and Nadarr started in early 2010.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2010, 02:24 PM »
So to compile what people have said:

1. poopy advertising: plain yellow sticker at the very top of the bubble (if anything, remove those useless "Secret" Code stickers and put the Bric stickers there.

2. two concurrent mail-aways at the same time: rocket-firing toys, I'm pretty sure, attract kids more over some unheard-of big-headed dude with no play features.

I also think it has to do with character choice. Keep in mind Nahdar Vebb was a top-wanted character, and Hasbro had always said 'no' to us. But then give us Bric, especially when we have no clue who he is. Even when Rex was a mail-away, there was demand because the new movie and entire series was coming out, and he's also one of the main characters.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2010, 06:18 AM »
As far as Bric goes, I kind of side on the fact that many of the mail away forms weren't very clear/didn't mention a figure at all for the reason Bric hasn't done as well according to Hasbro. I've bought a whole bunch of the new clone wars figures and not one of them came with a mail away form that mentioned Bric at all, just the battle mat game. I know I personally waited until this was cleared up by Hasbro before actually mailing away for it since I had no interest in paying for just the battle mat. I imagine this is much the same for the casual kid/parent buyers as well. I think this little error might have hurt Bric a lot more than any lack of interest.