Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Line  (Read 50053 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Line
« Reply #195 on: June 25, 2012, 05:53 PM »
Ya the store I hit in WI last month had TONS of toys on the overhead shelfs.  I must have spent a good 30 mins scanning the entire store, but no dice.  I did too felt a little weird being there for so long and not buying anything.  There were a few customers walking about, but no cashier at the front of the store. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 25, 2012, 07:39 PM »
Cool, thank you!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #197 on: June 26, 2012, 12:02 AM »
DG is basically hit/miss...  they usually renovate existing buildings to make their stores so their shelving isn't structured the same in any given store, and thus they don't work off plan-o-grams exactly the same.  A lot of "make it work" type stuff, and employees/managers doing the best they can with what they have.

I've found that about 50% of the DG's I've hit had the figures.  I have one left I can hit.  I hit the ones that DIDN'T have them multiple times and never saw one stock them so I'm thinking not all stores are even getting them in.  I mean some of these stores are literally only 10 minutes from each other for me, if that even, and nothing at one store multiple times I've visited it but the other one had a full set... and no restocks.

If Joe fans are lucky, Family Dollar or Big Lots will get them, as both are much more likely to carry the same stock at all stores, and restock them when they sell out.  DG is really on the lower end of the scale, regarding stores like this.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 26, 2012, 03:15 AM »
I noticed something about the DG store where I found my set.  I went in almost exactly one week later and the shelf that the figs were on when I found them was completely empty and had been adjusted up the wall to make room for stuff on the shelf below it...stuff that hadn't been there the week before.  So what Jesse is saying I saw first hand; they were making due with what they had.

I'm surprised that of the dollar stores to get these it was DG and not Family Dollar.  The FD stores were the ones that had the single carded figs one other time as exclusives and they cleared out a lot of 25th figures a couple years ago.

The other thing that surprises me is that, as far as I know, none of the online sellers solicited these figures.  So it's not like Hasbro even released them to wholesalers (like Diamond or EE) where they could offer them online as well as being available to other types of stores.  Hell, Hasbro hasn't even officially made any announcement abut these.  If you weren't online tracking Joe releases you'd NEVER know about these.  Very odd.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 26, 2012, 11:01 AM »
im ready for teh repaints

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #200 on: June 27, 2012, 04:00 PM »
There's actually some old cheap Joes at my DG's...  single cards, like a mini version of the cards from when we were young with the big fireburst.  They have guys like Ace, Snake Eyes...  One store had what seemed like 2 full sets of them.  They're the old O-Ring type figures though, but they're sculpts that came out after I was done collecting Joes as a kid.  No accessories to speak of.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 28, 2012, 12:08 PM »
....Ive been getting the tele vipers from those assortments when I see them, they make vehicle filler fodder.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 28, 2012, 12:09 PM »
Oh and they had a frostbite, who for some reason has now shaved off his Kenny loggins beard