Author Topic: Batman - The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 47532 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Batman - The Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2011, 03:58 AM »
I just don't care for the CatWoman character at all.  I mean it's a Batman movie.  Save CatWoman for another movie series.  Oh well.

What he said.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2011, 07:06 AM »
I just don't care for the CatWoman character at all.  I mean it's a Batman movie.  Save CatWoman for another movie series.  Oh well.

This
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2011, 10:13 AM »
It could be worst. They could include Catgirl too!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2011, 09:30 PM »
Heard a rumor that Joseph Gordan Levitt (sp?) is supposed to play Carmine Falcone's son, thus bringing the movie "full circle" with Batman Begins.

And with all the Inception guys joining the cast, how weird would it be if the movie ended with the revelation that the whole trilogy was an Inception style dream for Bruce Wayne?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2011, 10:16 PM »
They're, I guess, maybe scouting Pittsburgh for filming locations for the new Batman Movie...  We've been getting a lot of film crews here, I guess it's fairly inexpensive, so it's interesting for the locals. 

"I am # 4" was filmed here, right in the town beside mine where I go to work, and at the high schools for that district.  The park just a few minutes from my gf's house had some scenes filmed there as well, and a high school near her district was used as well.

Batman's bound to draw way more gawkers I'd imagine.  It was funny watching the people when I went to work with lawn chairs out to watch the filming.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2011, 01:25 AM »
I Am Number Four has Dianna Agron and Teresa Palmer in it.  If I lived near there I'd be willing to stake out a park for a shot at seeing one of those hotties.

On top of that, I think that film looks pretty good, I'm going opening night to scope it out.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2011, 02:08 AM »
You'll have ot let me know how it is Eric, as I'm curious but not enough to pay...  haha.

The park I guess didn't get many people up to it.  It's secluded.  We used to run our practices for youth football up there, and the last year I coached we ran them there the entire season.  A bike ride away from her place I'd say.

Where they staked out seats was the town shots which are in the town down the river from mine...  One of several with active steel mills in them.  You'd have to have seen what was going on daily.  It had Simpson's Yokel written all over it.  It was like an event, really.

Girls were camping out at the one high school where some footage was shot (Hampton School District...  Couple Steelers have homes in that district I believe) to get a glimpse of whoever the "hot guy" is in that movie.  One of the Twilight actors or something?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2011, 10:18 AM »
Alex Pettyfer.  Not from Twilight, but he is a former model from the UK.  He's got another film coming up called "Beastly" which is a take on Beauty and the Beast.  That actually looks like it might be good.  Standard date night/romance type film.  Also has Vanessa Hudgens in it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2011, 01:06 PM »
I think Jesse was referring to Abduction with Taylor Lautner.  That was filmed in Pittsburgh.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2011, 03:32 PM »
Could be.  I'm not familiar with the Lautner film.  I Am Number Four was filmed in Murrysville, Vandergrift and Pitt according to IMDB.com.

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2011, 03:58 PM »
Yeah Vandergrift's the lawnchair place E...  It was filmed a couple areas other than that though too.  The park's down near my gf's place.

And you're right Bill, that was the guy.  I remember it being on the news that girls from Hampton were camping out, so I guess that must've been filming at the same time in Hampton at their high school.  I know I am #4 filmed at the Kiski High School (Vandergrift-ish) too.  All right at the same time.

And now Batman...

Russel Crowe just filmed something here not long ago, I forget what it was off-hand (was it the movie about the guy getting his woman out of the Allegheny County Jail?), and he was riding his bike around Pittsburgh while he was here...  I guess he got lost and asked for directions, and the guy he asked said, "You're Russel Crowe?", and he said yeah, and then the guy just gave him the direction he needed to go and walked back in his house...  Russel said something about moving here because nobody bothers you and treats you the same...  I thought it was pretty funny at the time.  That movie looked interesting but I never saw it and I don't think it did well.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2011, 12:04 PM »
The Official Site for the movie is now up, complete with some sort of chanting audio.  Also, it appears the first look at Tom Hardy as Bane has shown up online as well.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:06 PM by Brian »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2011, 10:13 PM »
I was trying to describe the mask over the phone to Former JediDefender.com Poster Famine and he mentioned something about Ra's al Ghul having a collection of masks in Batman Begins. I haven't watched that movie in ages but it might be worth a shot to go back and see if it's in there.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2011, 01:54 PM »
The first teaser is apparently attached to Green Lantern this weekend, and has - for the moment - shown up online:

http://comicbookmovie.com/batman_movies/news/?a=39689

Nothing to get too excited about, no footage or anything like that - sort of similar to the first Dark Knight trailer if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was revealed that this was apparently a fake (I know it wasn't attached to GL when we saw it).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 09:36 PM by Brian »