Author Topic: Official Television Thread  (Read 44902 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
  • I am now using steroids to enhance my posts.
    • View Profile
Re: Official Television Thread
« Reply #480 on: July 12, 2015, 12:53 AM »
Anyone else catch R5D4 commit suicide on Conan O'Brien? Pretty funny.
"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about, how many people can make you feel rare?"

Offline Master_Phruby

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 13, 2015, 09:32 AM »
I guess since Letterman is out, Conan has to pick up the slack by throwing things out the window.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #482 on: July 26, 2015, 05:06 PM »
Has anyone else watched the show Airplane Repo on Discovery?  I swear, I think I've found my calling in life!  :D
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
  • I am now using steroids to enhance my posts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 24, 2015, 08:26 PM »
Is anyone watching "The Man in the High Castle" on Amazon? Admitting that I like most everything by Philip K. Dick, so I may be biased, but I watched the pilot tonight and I'm hooked. I imagine it'll be just as confusing as anything else by Dick, but so good at the same time.
"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about, how many people can make you feel rare?"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 26, 2015, 11:59 AM »
Is anyone watching "The Man in the High Castle" on Amazon? Admitting that I like most everything by Philip K. Dick, so I may be biased, but I watched the pilot tonight and I'm hooked. I imagine it'll be just as confusing as anything else by Dick, but so good at the same time.

Forgot about this until you mentioned it, but the trailer looked cool.  I will definitely check it out.
"After Tuesday even the calendar goes W T F. "

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 30, 2015, 01:02 AM »
Just finished The Man in the High Castle.  Excellent show!  When the hell is Season 2 due?!
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #486 on: December 16, 2015, 10:19 PM »
How about The Leftovers on HBO?  Its a little slow but I sorta like where it is going.
bump...I really love this show, this last season kicked season 1 which wound up being really good by the end

HBO picked up Season 3 which will be the end

What I like most about the show is that it is so unsettling and really really makes me think about life, death and all of that jazz.  If you liked Lost, I'd give it a try.  It's not the same show at all but it totally messes with you and has some cool threaded plots much like Lost had

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 17, 2015, 08:35 AM »
I've kind of been sucked back into the Sci Fi channel and started watching the Expanse.  The first two episodes have aired, and the pilot is readily available on Youtube.  It looks pretty good so far.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 17, 2015, 04:41 PM »
Netflix releases Full House teaser

Whoever they hired to voice Uncle Jesse sounds just like Dave Coulier!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Master_Phruby

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 19, 2015, 12:22 PM »
That's impossible since Dave Coulier is dead.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #490 on: December 19, 2015, 09:21 PM »
Let him Rest in Peace you monsters

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 24, 2015, 10:21 AM »
I've kind of been sucked back into the Sci Fi channel and started watching the Expanse.  The first two episodes have aired, and the pilot is readily available on Youtube.  It looks pretty good so far.

I started watching this and had my DVR set to record the series.  I got through the pilot after two sittings and then started on the second episode and watched about 15 minutes before I was bored to tears and cut it off.  I was really hoping for something that would suck me in, but no such luck.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #492 on: March 21, 2016, 02:22 PM »
I gotta say as much as I loved Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul has been an extremely fun look at the Saul/Mike backstory.   Love the little Breaking Bad cameos as well...great stuff

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #493 on: March 23, 2016, 01:49 PM »
^Check out the BCS Insider podcasts sometime. Really good discussion & info from the people that make the show. (They did these for Breaking Bad, too.) Vince Gilligan seems like just the nicest guy in the world.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Dave

• Jedi Knight
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 12, 2016, 10:51 AM »
I gotta say as much as I loved Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul has been an extremely fun look at the Saul/Mike backstory.   Love the little Breaking Bad cameos as well...great stuff

Season finale next week.  Its been a great season 2.

I really think they should call the show, "Better Call Mike".  I think his backstory and adventures are a hell of a lot more fun than Saul's at this point.  Glad to see he is getting more involved with some punks to add some fun to the show.  I like the Saul story lines, but can't wait for them to get back to Mike each time.  I can't wait for the two of them to get really mixed up together.

I wasn't a film school major, so I can't really put all my thoughts together well on this, but I love the "cinematography" with this show.  Some of the camera angles are really cool.  The way they use music is sweet.  I love the sound effects - this week it was the buzzing fluorescent lights and all the electronics freaking out Saul's brother.  It seems like half art project and half commercial tv serial.