Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556319 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1110 on: December 1, 2013, 11:03 PM »
What in the world is the point of shooting shells at the ******* prison walls?  Aren't you idiots going to live there and isn't a secure structure just a wee ******* bit more secure against the living dead than walls that are crumbling or in some cases no longer there because you took Mr. Boomboom and blew them up?  Morons.

I said the same thing last season when ole derp dude was hammering all of the empty watchtowers with the grenade launcher. Wasn't too impressed with the tank just randomly shelling random walls... But I guess there are budget limitations.

Kudos to Governor. Raising two post-apocalyptic armies composed completely of baffoons takes some kind of luck.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: December 1, 2013, 11:08 PM »
Too much to process right now - but - I see that Clara made an appearance......
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: December 1, 2013, 11:13 PM »
I really liked this mid-season finale... Agree lots to process.

Too much to process right now - but - I see that Clara made an appearance......

Who was Clara?  I know they focused in a couple of walkers but I couldn't place any of them.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: December 1, 2013, 11:42 PM »
The one walker with the long black hair and black overcoat - she was the lady from Ep 1 that Ruck met in the woods and who had her dear hubby's head in a sack.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1114 on: December 2, 2013, 01:34 AM »
So....what happened to Judith?

I think she's alive and with the folks on the bus.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: December 2, 2013, 06:27 AM »
Same here. I would think that if a walker got her there would have been a lot more blood in the carseat. Even if she were alive - how would Rick find her?

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: December 2, 2013, 06:31 AM »
I really enjoyed the episode last night, a lot.

I hated to see Herschel go, but when he was captured at the beginning I figured he'd be taking Tyreese's spot from the comic.  BTW, I just finished reading Compendium 1.  I'm waiting for C2 to show up in the mail. 

I figure everyone will meet up somewhere on the road, at least a few of the main characters will.  I don't see how they could just push Rick/Carl off on their own and still maintain the other characters who were able to bolt on the bus, or neglect to bring fan favorite Darryl back.

I was wondering a bit about the tank.  Like you guys have mentioned, why are they shooting holes in their potential home?  And second, why in the world did they have an M60?  Those haven't been used in service is more than 15 years. I know one guy was supposed to be NG and bolted with a tank, but in this era that would have been an M1.  Oh well, suspend belief.  I'm sure in the real world an Abrams would have been much harder to get on loan.  Also in the comic, the driver had spent months trying to figure out how to drive it and the main gun was never used.

All in all I liked the episode.  My wife only passively watches the show because I've got it on.  She and I are both in agreement the hardest part of the show, especially last night, is seeing the kids die.  Even if its just TV, as a parent it's a kick in the gut to watch that.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: December 2, 2013, 08:54 AM »
Judith's car seat was unbuckled, so you would think a walker could not unbuckle it. Who has her? Beth? Lilly? Is she on the bus? Are Darryl and Beth hooking up? Dad is gone to keep her away from the older bad boy. Seems like a meeting place would have been discussed for when they had to bug out. Need to watch this again for sure

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: December 2, 2013, 09:06 AM »
Yep, good catch on Clara, I didn't realize that was her until they mentioned it on TD.

For all the talk about Phillip's posse, they actually acquitted themselves MUCH better than the first group. No one turned tail and ran when the bullets started flying, no one freaked out, they just kept coming, even after Phillip himself got iced. Other than the Mom I don't know if anyone was left on their side at the end. And for a bunch of people that had never seen any live combat they handled themselves pretty well, IMHO. Those two bearing down on Tyreese were all business.

I guess the gay daughter survived too? Will we ever see her again?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1119 on: December 2, 2013, 09:19 AM »
Did the Gov's GF's sister just sort of walk away?  I don't recall seeing anything happen to her.

I thought the episode was pretty fantastic.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1120 on: December 2, 2013, 10:31 AM »
On one hand, I liked the episode, but on the other it was kinda pointless. 

Mostly I agree with Brent.  You're there to take over the "safe" place to live, so the best course of action is to blow holes in the wall and crush the fence that barely keeps the zombies out as it is?  ???

I guess I just feel like most of this half season should have just been done at the end of last season.  Letting the governor survive the first prison encounter, only to bring him back with a new crew to get slaughtered again was really pointless.  Was the point of it just to say, "ha comic readers, it's different again!!!"
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: December 2, 2013, 10:57 AM »
I did not know grimey Clara was the blond chick from HBO's Rome.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #1122 on: December 2, 2013, 11:26 AM »
I guess the gay daughter survived too?

wat? I don't remember any lesbian stuff?

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: December 2, 2013, 07:43 PM »
While I was sad to see hershel get killed - and in such a gruesome manner, it was realistic that people in peril actually died. I thought the fight was great, what they teased at the end of S3 they finally delivered with the S4 mid-season ending.
Daryl is the MAN no doubt about it, dropping a grenade down the tank turret barrel then shooting the from Fringe in the heart with an arrow - guess he'll turn in to a walker now ;)
The fist fight between Rick and the Gov was brutal and the culmination of the verbal foreplay from last year. Just as Gov had Rick almost choked out, Michonne stabs him through the chest; leave it to new gf lily to put the bullet through his brainbox!
While watching the TD show, it was obvious how close the cast are as lauren fought back tears and Scott truely seemed dejected about being killed off.
But overall I was very satisfied with this mid-season finale.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1124 on: December 3, 2013, 03:24 AM »
I enjoyed it...

Darryl seems to be on his own, but as near as I can tell...

-Glenn is on the bus with a bunch of random survivors.
-Maggie, Tyrese, Sasha (I think), and Maggie's sister, and Bob I believe, are together and maybe have a secondary way out (Maggie hinted at that maybe in TD).
-Darryl is, seemingly, on his own.
-Michonne is seemingly on her own as well, but she saved Rick only to dash off and not help him find Carl?  Weird.
-A prison "sniper" guy who was unnamed got capped.
-Rick and Carl are together.
-Gun totin' toddlers are off in their own weird little "feral child" pack.
-Judith is...  My theory...  With the mysterious psychopath.  Be it one of those random crazy kids, or an unseen character who was stalking the prison and is batshit crazy and now without a home as well.

-Lily and her dip**** sister are, theoretically, still alive.  Her sister is behind the tank within the prison itself when it is stopped, and she's having a bit of a meltdown.  She did follow them up to the prison itself though.  Her honey's toast of course, but she's around and never shown killed that I ever noticed.  Assuming she hooks up with her sister again and they keep surviving, I suppose it's possible they carry on as well, but what would the point be?  Both are beyond worthless.

Bob's box I assumed to be booze, but now...  eh, I dunno.  Didn't really think it was something weirder.

I LOVED the Irish chick making an appearance.  Love when they easter egg you.

On the Governor....  I kind of liked it, but in that it was an almost wholly separate and sad story...  The Governor arc we're shown to see how the world can completely **** a person up beyond belief, and what monsters can be made in this world, and that there's worse ones to come most likely.  He's a guy who almost made it back, but just couldn't quite get there.  Rick could...  Ying yang and all that crapola.  And it came to a head as they talked at the fence...  Rick came back.  That's why Herschell smiled that last smile.  He knew Rick was ok...  And if Rick's ok, he knows his daughters are far better off most likely (Nothing's perfect, but a collected and focused Rick is a better than one who just wants to farm peas).

On the other hand, we got to see where Rick could've gone...  Where the group, could've wound up under a Shane.  The Governor embodies giving up being a normal sane human being all together, and he just leaves a wake of chaos and death behind him.  He gets his new family killed more or less.  He kills good people so they don't interfere with him.  He gets a whole group of sheep to follow him and die trying to take out the prison...  He's a mess.

I felt like the whole arc of the Governor was showing us what NOT to do and that he was inevitably going to be toast because Rick does it right (for better or worse), and the Governor does it wrong (and it's always worse because he's such a ******bag he can't leave well enough alone).

Loved some of the deaths...

I enjoyed that Michonne gets to off the Governor, though part of me wanted Rick to do it because he's just my favorite.

I loved the tanker brother getting offed by Darryl...  He didn't get to see Martinez again, and part of me thinks he and Martinez would've worked well should they have met up with his group and brought them in.  Again, the Governor messes things up... 

BTW I guess the tanker in the comic is far different from this one because this one in the last episode said it's his tank, so I guess that's why he knows how to use it.

On the tank itself...  I agree, using it as it was being used, pretty dumb.  Then again, assuming the one guy commanding it was the only one who knew what to do, and whoever was inside loading, firing, and driving were just random dudes from the camp, I guess I can accept to that they'd just start opening up without much of a solid plan on where to shoot, or what to do, really.  It's the only thing I can think of that makes any sense...  You give civilians hardware like that and they'd just go goofy with it I guess.

I agree with Chris on NOT liking them using the M60...  I knew from even distant shots that it was a post WW2, pre-modern era tank...  Now, I don't profess to know what is available on an army armored base for someone to hop in, in a bad situation, and roll out with...

Could it be that the M60 was part of some surplus around the base?  How likely is that (Honestly, I have no clue)?  Could the apocalypse, and the US's military and armor spread around the globe, have prompted us to bring out some hardware from mothballs to try to suppress things going awry domestically?  And really, are they even available?  Or were they all sold off privately or to other countries? 

So the tank was slightly anti-climactic for me, ultimately.  They made the half-assed M1 in Season 1 so it surprises me they couldn't have come up with something similar for this.  Something not so obviously outdated at least.

Hershel goes out like a champ...  Seeing the tanker go down like a chump, plus the hot military lesbian take a shot to the head from a little kid, was kind of fun.  The Governor's death was a little quick for my liking though, with the put down.  I'd have preferred him being left to be eaten alive because he deserved that.

In general I really enjoyed the season so far...  The flu thing was slightly slow but I felt it picked up after that and went pretty well.

Talking Dead was definitely emotional for the people there, except Kirkman who clearly doesn't give a ****, which is kind of funny.  I'd have preferred a lot more of him chatting about the 2nd half, but from what was said, they didn't show much because it all will give stuff away.

A commercial showed quick snips from next half as well, and it showed pretty much all the mains.

Honestly I think Tanker Brother was maybe the most satisfying death because, well, what a friggin' ******* he was.  >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77