Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556471 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1245 on: February 15, 2014, 12:00 AM »

That's fair. I know I've got a horrible reputation for being an ******* around here.

Not *******.  Prick.   :-*
I was thinking more along the lines of dickhead.  :-*
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: February 15, 2014, 12:15 AM »
I'm just sticking with dickish for now.  Even that last comment about being dickish was said dickishly.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1247 on: February 15, 2014, 01:02 AM »

This is a Pricktatorship!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: February 15, 2014, 10:49 PM »

This is a Pricktatorship!

I can work with that.  Somehow it just seems right.  Wait...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1249 on: February 15, 2014, 11:07 PM »
I think you're either a BIG prick or a LITTLE *******, because I don't want you to feel bad.  I figure a big prick's better than a little one, and a little ******* is better than a big one.  I'm doing what I can for you.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: February 16, 2014, 09:50 AM »
I'm looking forward to tonight's episode to see what happens with some of the other characters; what happens with daryl and beth; why is glen shown laying on what looks like a ledge with walkers below - I'm guessing the bus crashed somehwere; maggie is with bob the drunk medic and sashsa who still isn't 100% well; tyresse is probably with the psycho girls who maybe rescued judith...
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: February 16, 2014, 11:26 PM »
Fantastic episode tonight. One of my favorite. I was on the edge of the couch the whole time.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 07:14 AM by BrentS »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: February 17, 2014, 12:11 AM »
So - after this episode do you think it is even more likely that Lizzie killed Karen and Dave (?)?  She was clearly showing some sociopathic behaviors tonight.  Mutilating small animals and trying to suffocate a baby are pretty clear signs.......

I wonder what reaction Daryl will have to Carol - it was never clear to me just how he felt about what she did.   Also - I wonder if Tyreese will have a less volatile response when he finds out the truth - especially since Carol is with him and providing care and comfort for the girls.  After the events at the prison I would think it would somehow seem less important. 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: February 17, 2014, 12:20 PM »
Last night ranks as one of the best episodes in terms of storytelling.  Well done.

And yeah, Lizzie's is batshit crazy.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: February 17, 2014, 02:13 PM »
So - after this episode do you think it is even more likely that Lizzie killed Karen and Dave (?)?  She was clearly showing some sociopathic behaviors tonight.  Mutilating small animals and trying to suffocate a baby are pretty clear signs.......

I thought it was pretty obvious that all signs point to Lizzie as being the one to kill Tyrese's girl and the other dude, not Carol and her being the one feeding the rats and doing any dissecting.  The naming of the zombies, the playing in the pool of blood with her foot after someone died from the virus a few episodes back, her leading the infected zombie away almost like a dog (here boy, come here boy), the small handprint Rick found and as seen last episode, she's one hell of a ******* shot.

That girl has future serial killer written all over her.  She'd be perfect for Carl.

This week was certainly much better than last week.  That must be because I'm not a Rick or Carl fan and TV Michonne sucks compared to comic Michonne.  Forgot all about Abraham showing up, so that got me by surprise. 

Still doesn't hold a candle to True Detective, however.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1255 on: February 17, 2014, 07:01 PM »
Great episode and awesome to see that there's a hint of another sanctuary out there as well as seeing Abraham Eugene and Rosita!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: February 17, 2014, 08:10 PM »
Agreed, it was a great episode. Wonder if going forward they will rotate through the various characters in each episode or feature them in mini-arcs.

Cripes, those poor rabbits! I couldn't tell what I was looking at when they first zoomed past the hollow log (dang non-HD) but it was pretty clear later...eesh.

I still don't think Lizzie offed Karen and the other guy, it seems to be more of a steadily escalating thing with her, but she is definitely the rat-feeder and dissectionist. Creepy kid, she was really giving off a last-episode-of-MASH vibe with Judith there in the woods. Eesh.

Was surprised to see Tara's story was not over yet, but I kinda liked her self-deprecating attitude. Not sure if I see why Glenn actually needs her, unless as walker bait, but I don't mind seeing her story continue. (Did they ever show her sister getting offed? I don't recall that)

As far as "Terminus" - mmm, after Woodbury they might want to be a little leery about greener pastures, but I guess they don't have much else of a plan. Shouldn't they have had some kind of designated regroup site if they all got separated? Good luck with that.

At long last though...Abraham! Came off like a bit of a heavy there but I'm looking forward to more next week for sure.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: February 17, 2014, 08:48 PM »
they didn't show her sister lily getting swarmed by walkers, as far as I recall but by having tara explain it happened off camera is a cost effective way of wrapping up that sub-plot without having to film it/pay actors etc.
I agree glen only needs her to help him - as he said "he doesn't Want her help - he only needs it" to help him find Maggie who'll probably kill her just for being with the Gov...
I could see crazy little lizzie letting herself get turned into a walker since she's so fascinated with them- only to have carol be forced to kill her...
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1258 on: February 17, 2014, 11:18 PM »
I can now take this moment to go neener neener neener, I was right about Judith. :P  I was glad when she turned up, and it was a cool reveal I thought.  Well done.

Darryl and Beth were less interesting...  Darryl going into moody mode gets old.  I know girls like him, and I like his badassery, but the attempts to make him the brooding heartthrob need to stop.  Stick with the badassery more.  A guy like that isn't gonna sit staring at the fire all down about life while Beth, friggin' BETH, wants to go track down their friends?  Darryl would be the one taking the tracking seriously and looking.

Loved showing how Tyrese's strength with the hammer just disintegrates walker heads...  It's awesome and plays into what I said all along that if you were a weaker person that's sticking in a skull.  If you're a big dude like Tyrese you're just exploding heads like you're Gallagher and Walkers are watermelons! 

Glenn's predicament was awesome and unexpected...  A major surprise.  He got conked out by a shell I guess, and he's just stuck there.  I dug how they paired him with Tara, and she actually nutted up a little there at the end too.  I felt like he rebounded pretty quick from the Herschel news, but you can only do so much in a short time frame.

Carol, great way to explain her character away...  I can easily see her having to off Lizzie.  That it gets out of hand in some capacity and she recognizes it and makes the hard decision ultimately.  Now she's back, and with the last person she should've been with but with the person who probably needed her the most ironically.

Next week looks...  odd...

Was this new stronghold in the comics?  Just curious.  I'd not heard anyone say anything about this place before is all.

The new characters at the end weren't expected quite so soon.  Since I've not read the comics all I know is they're important.  Curious to see how they'll jive with the existing characters though, and where they came from.  I'm guessing they were coming because of the cannon fire and the smoke?

One thing I didn't like about this episode, and probably the only thing I didn't care for, was the bus...  it's closed up, but there's tons of zombies on it.  Why is the bus just stopped there?  Nothing SEEMED to stop it.  Only a few people seemed completely devoured.  Nothing seemed to happen to anything except like everyone just fell asleep and got eaten or turned.  That just doesn't seem logical and was just a tension builder without much thought put into it. 

Nice to see Bob/Maggie/Sasha going along but basically doing nothing major.  I feel more than ever that Maggie/Glenn's relationship is nearing an endpoint.  They're my guess on upcoming mains to get offed.  Lizzie isn't a main really, but she'd be my next bet. :-\

Other than the bus puzzle, I thought it was great...  Lots of suspense, lots of logic and detail.  I liked it a lot.  One of my favs this entire season.

Talking dead was good but the girl who plays Tara is...  chatty. 

Whoever that guy was with the squawkbox show was really interesting though.  I liked his points of view on things. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1259 on: February 18, 2014, 08:59 AM »
If you notice, there are bullet holes in the back of the bus....it was being shot up as they were driving away.  My guess is that some people in the back were killed, turned, bit others and no one got out in time.  The folks on the bus were a lot of the old and others recovering from the infection.
This is the way.

I have spoken.