Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556362 times)

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1275 on: February 24, 2014, 08:10 AM »
It was a filler episode. Its like we are back in season two at the farm.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1276 on: February 24, 2014, 10:03 AM »
Not a fan of this episode.  First, the three new folks just seem out of a different reality.  They're goofy.  They don't make much sense in this series.  Got this chick walking around in Daisy Dukes - NOT THAT I'M COMPLAINING - but how does that make any sense?  And then we have super-genius dude who, despite being a super genius walking around Zombieland, never took 10 minutes to learn how to properly shoot a rifle?  "The fate of the world rests on my shoulders... but I sure wouldn't want to learn how to use the most basic of survival equipment!"  Or, you know, learn how to shout the word "ZOMBIES!"

The Rick, Carl and Michonne stuff was all solid.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: February 24, 2014, 07:42 PM »
THe whole part with Rick trapped under the bed while the invaders took turns playing goldilocks bears was pretty cool! I'm digging abraham already, not the usual dour depressed 'all is lost'  and a new catch-phrase is born "son of a d! ck".

{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1278 on: February 24, 2014, 07:57 PM »
I like the new people too...  Daisy Dukes?  Eh, it's Atlanta...  It's hot...  I'm sure she either has, or picks up some pants for the winter.  It doesn't bother me (in any way  :D) really.

I can buy the nerd not knowing how to shoot...  Honestly, how many people have you met who are just inept at certain stuff, especially the maybe overly intelligent who lack common sense...  He yelled, they ignored, he tried to do it himself...  I mean, stuff like that doesn't bother me because people like that exist.  How he'd survive this long?  I guess Abraham or folks like him.  Took balls to tell Abraham, after killing the unkillable truck, that he's smarter and to do what he says, but yeah...  I dunno.  Not everyone is going to be Darryl or Rick, so there have to be Milton and Eugenes too I guess.

I liked the character development, or perhaps reinforcement in some cases, from this episode...  Rick, who people maybe were beginning to doubt, now shows you again why you shouldn't doubt him.  He kicks some biker douche's ass and kills him, all with what I assume are broken ribs at the very least.  Not shabby for a guy who just 2 weeks ago his kid was saying he was a loser and he didn't need him anymore...  Rick's still scary when Rick wishes to be.  I know some don't think that was important but I think it is.

Michonne bonding with Carl, that's good development...  Character relationships expanding and all that jazz.  Setting up a big reunion with Judith maybe too, which was nice. 

Tyrese/Abraham seem like they'd be an interesting relationship if they meet up...  Two big dudes, different personalities though.

The thing I found odd, and it's maybe just his personality, but Abraham trying to MAKE Glenn go with him...  how would that possibly work?  He'd never be into your crusade if you make him go, so what's the end-game there?

I haven't watched Talking Dead yet but I'm sure I missed something because every TD seems to point out some little detail I didn't catch.

I liked seeing Rick kind of "back" though.  At the very least he has his crap together a little more than he did.  Guys eating your canned chili will get you back into reality real quick.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: March 1, 2014, 10:15 AM »
and with this week's episode being the half-way point of the last eight episodes, things should start to get interesting from here on out (yeah I know we all thought the same thing this time last year with the Gov and the impending attack on the prison) - I think new show runner scott gimple has done an amazing job keeping things on track for the most part.
So we have part of the prison group sorta reuniting at Terminus - Rick, Carl and Michonne;  Tyreese, Carol with baby Judith and the danger girls; now we need to see where Beth and Daryl as well as Maggie, Sasha and Bob all end up. We at least know Glen and Tara are with the new comers - Abraham, Eugene and Rosita...going somewhere...
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1280 on: March 1, 2014, 11:17 PM »
Picked up Volume 1 of the comics.  Shane was a much ******** character.  Darryl and Meryl missing is....  Odd.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1281 on: March 2, 2014, 04:02 AM »
Darryl and Merle are not in the comics at all.  Carol is much different in the comics as well.

I don't know if it's the medium or if Kirkman's writing has evolved, but the characters in the comics are much more one-dimensional...but the stories can be much more brutal.  There are some plotlines I just can't see how they would make the television show!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1282 on: March 2, 2014, 02:05 PM »
Yeah that's what I meant about d/m missing.  It makes the story much less complex and feels strange.  Makes me appreciate the show more.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 2, 2014, 02:26 PM »
Yeah that's what I meant about d/m missing.  It makes the story much less complex and feels strange.  Makes me appreciate the show more.

It's definitely a different dynamic in the comics. IMO the lack of Dixon brothers is made up for by some characters from the show, like Tyrese, having bigger roles.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 2, 2014, 11:03 PM »
I'm going to guess a lot of people did not dig tonight's episode, but it was fine with me. Not a lot happened but I enjoy the character development aspect and Daryl is by far one of the more interesting characters. I even like what they are doing with Beth, much more of a fully realized character now. Daryl is actually pretty lucky he ended up with her, she's been sort of the perfect foil for him.

Was hoping we would see them reach the train tracks by the end, but alas no.

They were both good on TD as well, nice that they are getting more of the cast members into the guest rotation now.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2014, 11:05 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1285 on: March 3, 2014, 03:40 AM »
I liked the episode even though it was paced very slow.  It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but these types of episodes are needed to develop the characters...so you care when they are eventually eaten by the zombie horde.  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: March 3, 2014, 07:30 AM »
I enjoy the character development episodes too and thought the last 20 minutes of this episode was excellent.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 3, 2014, 12:13 PM »
Here is the Timeline from the TWD Wiki:  The Walking Dead Timeline
Approximately 500+ days have passed since the Zombie Virus Outbreak.

Things that surprised me about the timeline.

Rick after getting shot was in the Hospital over 60 Days.

The time frame of season 1 is only about 8 days long. (Of course season 1 is only 6 Episodes because they weren't sure anyone would watch a show about the Zombiepocalypse [snicker...] )

Only a day passes between Season 1 and Season 2.

The time Frame of Season 2 is only about 27 Days long.

Between the end of Season 2 and the beginning of Season 3 208 days pass.

The Time Frame of Season 3 is only about 23 days long.

Approximately 177 Days pass between the end of Season 3 and the beginning of Season 4.

In Season 4 approximately 7 days have passed so far.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: March 3, 2014, 12:46 PM »
By that timeline - Lori wasted NO time at all once she found out Rick was dead.  Not to mention - Judith was born a few weeks early........ :-\
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 3, 2014, 06:31 PM »
while not the action packed episode most people probably hoped for, it was another great character episode that fleshed out beth and daryl a whole lot more. i did wonder if beth aslo wanted another 'first' with daryl after getting her drink on ;)
But nothing wrong with this episode but it's time for the stakes to be raised for sure.
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"