Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558220 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1545 on: November 24, 2014, 04:53 AM »
Same thought as Nick there...  Just something to make a million girls say inane **** on Twitter.

I didn't mind the episode actually but could've done without the Gabriel bit.  Would've preferred seeing just the two groups and what they're doing.  Gabriel being a huge boner wasn't really interesting at all, and just destroyed the rest of the episode's pace.

I hate them setting up the "Rick's feelings are hurt because someone didn't agree with him" stuff.  I don't think he's that easily phased right now.

Rosita on Talking Dead...  Good god is she a good looking woman.

I liked her story about meeting Abraham...  No doubt he was impressed with her fighting ability, and that's why he asked if she'd tag along with him and Mr. Pants On Fire.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: November 24, 2014, 05:36 AM »
I wasn't fully paying attention since the Cowboys game was on but I'll rewatch later today... Probably my favorite part was the teaser for Better Call Saul. It did infuriate me when Daryl convinced Rick to keep that cop alive though. Do these morons not remember what happens every time they choose to let bad guys live?

I laughed at Eugene still being out cold, and had completely forgotten about Gabriel.

Rosita on Talking Dead...  Good god is she a good looking woman.

Yes, please. Actually got me to watch a few minutes of that terrible show. The TWD makeup crew deserves all of the awards for making all of these hotties look bland and generic.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: November 24, 2014, 08:33 AM »
At least we had everyone in the same episode again.

I liked the melted zombies, and Glyn Rosita and Tara catching fish was a lighthearted distraction. But I could have done without Father Gabriel acting like a jackhole too. I don't get what they are trying to do with his character, and I really don't care. This dude is even more worthless in the apocalypse than Eugene.

I didn't get Dawn/Don's angle with Beth and the drug locker key either. The doctor notes she has an ulterior motive, but what? Does it even matter now?

Man, you have to be a real dope to trust ANYONE at this point too. Especially the friendly guy you have handcuffed. That was just silly.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1548 on: November 24, 2014, 08:49 AM »
I'm wondering if Gabriel is running out to hook up with the people he's been feeding victims to in exchange for protection or something.  Doesn't seem like the kind of guy to run off to his death.

And yeah, Dead Bob's GF was a colossal idiot.  I saw that one coming a mile away.

I doubt we'll ever know Dawn's angle.  I think it was just a device to save Carol.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1549 on: November 24, 2014, 03:41 PM »
Agreed on Sasha's decision to help Bob2 kill some guy who's been melted to the parking lot for a year or two now.  That was pretty bad writing IMO.  I get they're trying to tie it to Tyrese and him being the new Dale/Herschel of the group as a whole, but it was just something nobody would've done given the things they've been through and it was like watching a train come down the tracks at you.  Very bad IMO.

Darryl's bowling ball use of the zombie head was pretty creative though.

And yes, Eugene still being unconscious is funny...  I'd say Eugene is miles more worthy of being around than Father Gabriel though.  Gabriel is just pathetic.

Oh, and solid thought on him Bill.  I was thinking he seems like he has some purpose or plan.  It's a good thought that he may be tied to Dawn's group in some capacity.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: November 30, 2014, 10:19 PM »
Dammit.  :'(

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: November 30, 2014, 10:37 PM »
Lame lame lame. This whole Don/Dawn storyline makes me wish they HAD dragged out the cannibals for an entire half season.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: December 1, 2014, 01:06 AM »
Sad. Knew someone had to go. Didn't see it being her. Loved Rick running over the cop at the beginning. I liked the twist that it didn't turn into a blood bath at the end.

On Talking Dead Kirkman mentioned one of the characters we'll see in the second half of the season. If that means we will also get some of the other characters that show up with him about the same time in the comics then God please fast forward December and January!!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1553 on: December 1, 2014, 04:27 AM »
I actually kinda figured it'd be Beth so I guess I didn't feel surprised, but it still was a shock.  Then when she was staring down the elevator shaft, I got the vibe she was getting utterly depressed, then she snuck the forceps, and I really started to think they were setting her up to be in some bad situation and toast.

I just felt like she was a weak link, kinda like Bob, and they just seem to off the weak links as far as their characters go. 

There was a moment or two I thought Tyrese might get it because he has that vibe going too lately.

It was a good ending I thought, though.  Tense, and killed an old character...  I liked it.  I'm really shocked at how fast they tore up the Terminus people.  I'm also curious to see, going forward, if anyone from the hospital goes with the group since the offer was made.  I'd think half the cops might want to, possibly the doctor...  Everyone in there's so mentally f'd up though I don't know.  And the wards are all kind of pussies.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: December 1, 2014, 08:36 AM »
Well it seems Carol is a lot tougher than Eugene. Able to walk out of the hospital and all after being in a deep coma. There might be hope after all for these people, given how quick some of them heal. ::) ::)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1555 on: December 1, 2014, 09:40 AM »
5CCs of miracle drug FTW!!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: December 1, 2014, 09:54 AM »
What a downer.  :(

I don't know which was harder to watch, seeing Beth get killed on the show or watching Emily Kinney crying on Talking Dead. God, she is a sweet girl. I bet Kirkman felt like crawling in a hole and dying right about then.

As soon as I heard there would be a "surprise" guest on TD, I had a bad feeling. And when Beth took the scissors I had a really bad feeling. I just wished they had asked her on TD what she meant when she said "I get it."

I can't believe we lost Beth and yet somehow Tara is still on the show. Between the two, Beth was a much more interesting character IMO and they had only begun to scratch the surface with her. Plus, poor Daryl! Seeing that guy cry made me die a little inside.

Nice to see them back together at the end. What a rollercoaster ride for Maggie though. Joy to heartbreak in just a few hours. I hope Father Gabriel has his stuff together now because he has about used up all his stupid cards.

That whole opening scene was fantastic though. Dumbass should have just stopped.

ps - I'm with you Nick, psyched for the new cast members coming up!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: December 1, 2014, 10:53 AM »
So now Gabriel gets the urgency with the walkers, even though we first met him perched on top of a rock with hungry walkers trying to eat him, with him screaming on top of it.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1558 on: December 1, 2014, 11:00 AM »
Gabriel needed to see for himself that the people slaughtered in his church were cannibals.  Or something.  I think pretty much he's just off his rocker.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: December 1, 2014, 11:07 AM »
5CCs of miracle drug FTW!!

Maybe it is some of Abrams Khan/Tribble blood....