Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 562804 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1590 on: February 15, 2015, 11:45 PM »
YES! I'M SO ******* EXCITED!!

So, I'm guessing cleaned up dude is someone from the comics?  I haven't read I past when Abraham and his crew shows up.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: February 15, 2015, 11:50 PM »
YES! I'M SO ******* EXCITED!!

So, I'm guessing cleaned up dude is someone from the comics?  I haven't read I past when Abraham and his crew shows up.

No, I just really like music boxes............  ;)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: February 16, 2015, 08:56 AM »
If you're sitting around the campfire with your buds chowing down on Lassie, it's probably just as well you take off that white collar, yeah.  :P

At this point, after everything they have been through, shouldn't they just go ahead and shoot any weird new people that show up out of the blue right off the bat? Why wait around to get eaten/raped/sacrificed? 

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1593 on: February 16, 2015, 09:32 AM »
They still have that urge to be "moral" and "human"...

So a tornado struck next to the barn, tore down dozens of trees, but didn't damage the barn?  That was kind of an odd sequence.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: February 16, 2015, 11:57 AM »
Ye gads what a boring episode. I've come to expect slow episodes here and there, but this was Season 2 farm level boring.

I know they weren't going for this reaction but when Rick said they were The Walking Dead, I laughed and thought of that Family Guy skit where everyone gets excited when the characters in a show/movie say the title of said show/movie.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: February 16, 2015, 12:20 PM »
I thought the whole idea of the episode was to show how close to rock bottom they are. People are thinking of giving up.

I took the tree thing in a similar light. But it showing there is still hope. And specifically for Gabriel maybe even divine hope.

If the story progresses as I think then this makes sense to me.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 12:26 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: February 16, 2015, 06:15 PM »
now how does clean guy know who rick is?
i haven't read any of the comics, and i don't care if anyone throws out any spoilers, we all know tv can change anything in comics.
i'm thinking that whats his name from the very first episode that saved rick has run into clean guyand perhaps is part of his group.
very boring episode
but i guess it can't all be action
i'm guessing they must be going thru as many backroads as they can to get to DC, but i guess that can hold as many dangers as taking a main hwy. run out of gas, water, n food with no towns big enough to resupply and u'll just starve.
The group needs to pick up more onesy, twosey people on the trip and stop killing off main characters. The group needs more red shirts.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1597 on: February 16, 2015, 06:39 PM »
Beth and Tyrese were main characters?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1598 on: February 17, 2015, 04:25 AM »
i haven't read any of the comics, and i don't care if anyone throws out any spoilers

Myself and a few others who aren't caught up in the comics do care, so please don't, haha.

And Beth/Tyrese weren't "main" to me...  I mean, in the sense that they stuck around longer than a nanosecond, they were I guess, but I didn't consider either one that integral to everything.  That's why I found the outrage unbearable.  And while I watch Talking Dead for a few bits, I'm over Hardwick with the moral support when a character croaks.  Just, seriously, enough of that **** already.  It's a TV show, and anyone you're catering too with that is either mentally defective or a teenage girl.  It's dumb.

I found the tornado.....  odd.  But it happens I guess.  Georgia's not like Kansas though so it's weird that this happens now to this group of people and stuff.  Whatever though.

I didn't mind the episode...  Actually I was quite excited to see wild dogs, finally.  Animals being a threat seemed like something grossly overdue in this show.  I liked seeing the lowest point for some characters, and the general mundane and depressing nature of the situation for a while.  No excitement, no living folks (well, almost none), just the group traveling...  It's like the shots of the Dwarves trying to make it to the Lonely Mountain...  You had to have some walking shots.  :)

Almost as weird as the tornado is their inability, at all, to find water.  This is Georgia, not the Sahara, so it just doesn't jive really well.  I mean, even if there is drought, that doesn't happen overnight.  And it seems like the woods look quite lush and the soil isn't parched, yet somehow every source of water for a 100 miles any direction is suddenly gone?  Weird.  Doesn't anyone have a goddam map?  Rivers, creeks, and streams are generally marked on them, as are ponds and lakes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: February 17, 2015, 08:44 AM »
As someone who lives in Richmond VA and has made that short trek north to DC countless times, I can personally attest that it is not nearly as barren as the show is making it out to be. There are LOTS of sources of water between the two cities, not the least of which being the Mattaponi River and Lake Anna.

I'd love to know what road they are taking...makes sense they would stay off I95, so I am guessing they are supposed to be on one of the less traveled parallel routes like 301 or Rt. 1. PLENTY of sources of food and water along those roads.

I wonder why they didn't just let Eugene drink the water they found and then see what happens. If he doesn't die or get roofied, might as well drink up.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1600 on: February 17, 2015, 09:42 AM »
Pretty sure Abraham was thinking "I spent this long protecting this ******bag - I'm not letting him poison himself now!"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1601 on: February 17, 2015, 08:56 PM »
Yeah, what Bill said.  I think Abraham still feels some loyalty to Eugene because Eugene saved him, in a weird way.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: February 23, 2015, 09:00 AM »
So, um...yeah. Not a lot to talk about there. Mmm, applesauce.

I guess the flare-eye walker was pretty cool. That will make a sweet action figure.

They got to Alexandria quicker than I thought in this series. I think they are in a real danger now of catching up with the comics. They've got maybe 1-2 more seasons they can squeeze out before they are there. I hope they find some way to pad that time out, maybe focus on Daryl for awhile. Or do something with Morgan.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: February 23, 2015, 10:08 AM »
I liked this week's episode a lot more than last week's... interesting to see that half of the group wanted to trust the guy while the other half didn't. Could become interesting later.

Flare zombie was cool, and a genius way to get light into that situation. But who shot off that other flare, and why did Aaron totally freak out? Guess that will be answered at some point. They're still in Alexandria in the comics, and set up a trade network with other safe zones, so I could see them spending a half season clearing out trade routes and meeting new people, setting up Negan's first TV appearance. They could easily do a Governor style TV arch with him that could easily use up 2 seasons, but at that point they would still be almost caught up with the comics.

Apparently there is some backlash over having gay characters kiss, and people are boycotting the show now. ::) Homosexuals are gay!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1604 on: February 23, 2015, 11:04 AM »
This week's just seemed badly written to me.  The melodrama over "do we trust him or not" was strained.  I did like Michonne kinda taking over.

I don't know how you "clear" Route 16.  I didn't see any sign of walls or guards or anything else.  Given that they drove down days ago, prior to the tornado, I don't know how they'd have any clue of the number of walkers there now.

The whole thing with the car plowing through dozens of walkers I think was meant to be cool, but came across as stupid.  Brakes, maybe?  How do you not wreck when the glass is covered in blood and guts?  Arrow-straight road?  In Virginia?  Have they never driven through Virginia?

And then they drove by hundreds of walkers, leave the car, and have to kill maybe 15 or 20?  Glenn machine-guns down about 8 of them and they're safe?  The other two hundred walkers aren't attracted to the noise?

The flare was dude's partner, I guess it was meant to signal trouble or something.  I don't know how Rick & Co found the others based off the flare.  I'd guess it was a rendezvous point set by the two guys, but the one with Rick sure didn't seem to know exactly where he was going.

Just sloppy all around, IMO.

The flare gun in the face was pretty awesome, though.