Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556397 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1665 on: March 30, 2015, 10:41 AM »

Glad it turned out to be the Wolves and not the Whisperers, as some had been speculating online. I'm not so sure this is _____'s gang though, I think these schmoes may be more akin to the Scavengers from the comics. Leaderless riff-raff who just move from place to place looting and killing. That was some crazy ass walker trap though!

Haven't read forward into the comics yet to know about the Wolves, Whisperer's and whoever is "blank" here.  I wonder though if the leader of the Wolves is the guy that Aaron was talking about with Darryl (Davidson if remember correctly?).  I can't see why they would have "named" him during that part of the discussion if he wasn't going to come back and haunt the Alexandrites.

I thoroughly enjoyed the finale last night.  I thought they tied up the stories nicely and set up the next wave for Season 6.  I was on the edge of my seats a few times wondering what was going to go down.   Didn't have to kill off a main character to keep me in suspense.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:42 AM by BrentS »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: March 30, 2015, 03:57 PM »
  I wonder though if the leader of the Wolves is the guy that Aaron was talking about with Darryl (Davidson if remember correctly?).  I can't see why they would have "named" him during that part of the discussion if he wasn't going to come back and haunt the Alexandrites.

I though that initially as well, but they seemed to strongly imply the Wolves only learned about the Safe Zone after recovering Aaron's backpack and looking through the photos. I think they said as much on TD. The exiled guy would have known about it all along.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1667 on: March 30, 2015, 05:35 PM »
I thought it was a great episode and I'm curious about who the Wolves are.  I'm sure there's more than just those two idiots, and they are pretty spread out since they alluded that they are the ones who attacked Noah's home.

I like how Morgan saved Aaron and Daryl.  Then the final scene where Rick kills the doc, just as Morgan shows up.  It's almost like their roles are reversed from the last time we saw Morgan and Rick together!

Glad the Fear the Walking Dead starts this summer.  It will ease the pain of having to wait until October to see the next season!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1668 on: March 31, 2015, 01:37 AM »
I guess all the gruesomeness of the Noah episode kind of made me ease off wanting a bloodbath for the finale...  So I was ok with it being more a suspense to the next season thing.  They always have some kind of thing to dangle at you anyway.

I thought Glenn was maybe gonna bite it at one point or another, since they basically had him escape, twice.  I figured they'd off him on a 3rd at one point and perhaps deviate from his comic story, as I've heard.

Look at things this way, the new show starts this Summer, so there's always that to look forward to a little sooner than the old show's return in October.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: April 1, 2015, 07:21 PM »
  I wonder though if the leader of the Wolves is the guy that Aaron was talking about with Darryl (Davidson if remember correctly?).  I can't see why they would have "named" him during that part of the discussion if he wasn't going to come back and haunt the Alexandrites.

I though that initially as well, but they seemed to strongly imply the Wolves only learned about the Safe Zone after recovering Aaron's backpack and looking through the photos. I think they said as much on TD. The exiled guy would have known about it all along.

I acknowledge I say this because I'm still hoping that the Wolves are the S@%&#*s. It seemed like the pictures the Wolves guy was looking at were of Rick, etc. So maybe they were going for Davidson (do they ever tell us you know who's last name in the comics?) will be interested to know Alexandria has taken in new people and not that they are now learning of Alexandria all together?

Who was on TD? Now if actors and producers on TD implied the picture thing was the Wolves learning of Alexandria my hopeful theory makes no sense.

I do think Davidson is going to be you know who which obviously changes his character some (hopefully just back story changes). I agree mentioning Davidson makes no sense if you aren't going to bring him back in some way. So the question is are the Wolves w/ him or a different group?

This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: April 2, 2015, 01:27 PM »
The more I think about the show vs the comic I've concluded the wolves are the scavengers, not the cooler s group and season six will end with you know who making his crazy powerful first appearance. The internet might explode next summer
« Last Edit: April 2, 2015, 01:28 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1671 on: April 2, 2015, 02:34 PM »
Who's this "you-know-who" you keep referring to? Is there some Harry Potter crossover in the comics? Or are you just talking about Negan?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1672 on: April 2, 2015, 02:45 PM »
Yeah, I don't consider names of future characters to be spoilers, unless you say "Zeek is definitely going to appear at the start of Season 6" because you saw it on IMDB.

But the fact that there's a dude named Nagan in the comics isn't a spoiler.  I saw the dude from Mad Men is rumored to get the role.

I'm through about the first 55 issues of the books.  Trying not to get ahead of the show.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: April 2, 2015, 03:54 PM »
The Voldemort stuff in The Walking Dead comics is kind of a let down......

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: April 2, 2015, 05:25 PM »
Davidson was an actual character in the comics, pretty similar to how he's been mentioned in the show.  He was the guy that founded Alexandria and was cast out by Douglas, never to be seen again.  Rick passes by his gravestone at one point in the comics, but they never really go back to him.  He could be playing a broader role in the show ...or that could just be a red herring. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: April 2, 2015, 05:51 PM »
I'm horrible with names. I forgot about that.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: October 10, 2015, 01:09 PM »
I won tickets to attend the Walking Dead Season 6 Fan Premiere last night at Madison Square Garden in NYC.

I was a really fun time, they had props and costumes on display, actors dressed as zombies making their way through the crowd and in addition to getting to see the first episode of season 6, two nights early, the entire cast was there for a Q&A session after the episode aired. They even brought back actors who had been in previous season and are now dead like (and I'm gonna use character names cause I'm not so good with the actors' names) Herschel, Beth, T-Dog, Merle, Tyrese and Shane.

The panel started off with Rick and his entire crew and then they brought out Morgan and four other actors from the Alexandria group. So it was a really large gathering of the cast from the show.

The episode itself was great, I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't say more than that - but definitely get ready to wash the bad taste out of your mouth that is Fear The Walking Dead this Sunday!!!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:11 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: October 10, 2015, 07:11 PM »
Pete, that is awesome! Did you have to watch and phone in the secret code words during an episode?

I'm ready for tomorrow night!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: October 10, 2015, 08:14 PM »
Pete, that is awesome! Did you have to watch and phone in the secret code words during an episode?

Yep, they had it for the first 4 Fear the Walkng Dead episodes - I did it for both my wife and myself each week. Got an email last Monday letting me know I had won tickets for me and a guest to attend.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: October 11, 2015, 01:47 AM »

Yep, they had it for the first 4 Fear the Walkng Dead episodes - I did it for both my wife and myself each week. Got an email last Monday letting me know I had won tickets for me and a guest to attend.

Nice.  Always happy to hear real people actually win. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.