Community > Watto's Junk Yard

The Walking Dead

<< < (396/522) > >>

Jesse James:
I'm with Rob, it was brutal...  and in general "fake" **** doesn't affect me but this did for some reason, including the grotesqueness of it.  It was anxiety-inducing in a way. 

If this was Fear, I'd have been cheering.

I FF'd Talking Dead to see the preview for next week...  I'd stop and Hardwick was talking about stupid ****.  At least he didn't throw in jokes about sports, not that I could tell anyway, so that's something for him.

Dave:
Just watched this last night and managed to avoid spoilers.  Yowza.

I agree with everyone's statements.  Not sure if there is ever going to be a redemption or happy ending, but hope at some point the writers feel free to diverge from the comics if the comic story line has wallowed or is lame (I don't read the comics).  I don't just want to watch a brutal show if there isn't some element of hope, but I think they can resurrect that with new characters and growth from the existing ones.

One thing that I both liked and didn't like was the show's graphic nature last night.  In general the violence hasn't been too graphic in this show.  More cartoon violence (or off camera) than graphic.  The season premier was very graphic.  It certainly set the tone and made for a tense viewing.  While I personally don't mind violent TV shows, I'm worried it might turn off some viewers.  My wife has watched this show and enjoyed it with me from the very first episode, but if the violence shown in last night's show continues she will quickly drop off.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season and the introduction of The Kingdom.

JediJman:
I loved it.  It was brutal and gross, but a creative way to get the show back on track with a lot of the comic material again.  The Abraham kill had me thinking that was it too, so if they were bound and determined for it to be Glenn, that was a smart way to still make it something of a surprise.  The image of him with the eyeball popping out is 100% faithful to issue #100 of the comics.  There was a lot of love/hate following that turn in the comics, so I'm not surprised to see all the mixed reactions from the TV audience.  Love it or hate it, it was creative.

Kirkman has always maintained that no one (outside of maybe Rick) is safe on this show.  He wants you to care about characters deeply enough that you are outraged when they're taken away.  Its been a long time since a really meaningful character has died, and he upped that with two for the premiere.  I think most of us were hoping for Glenn to make it through, but it would have been cheap to get rid of any of the less important characters IMO.  Sad to see him go, but excited about where this takes the group next.

And yes, I think this is going to be a rough season.  Negan has more brutality up his sleeve, but there’s some pretty cool stuff coming our way.  Room for some pretty interesting new characters and concepts anyway.  Someone was complaining a while back about how the show is just them running from town to town trying to find resources and escape zombies.  Now they have a much bigger problem to deal with and it’s dark, but it’s also something new and unexpected.  I’m excited to see what they do next (and hopefully that involves less smashing heads). 

Scockery:
Big end game spoiler tonite. We see the key to defeating the undead...pigs will eat them. That's it...zombies are done.

Disappointed King Ezekiel didn't say "BOO-YAH!"

Not sure if Carol's story line is interesting or just tiresome at this point. It says something when I'm more interested in what's going on with Morgan than her.

What house has a graveyard on the lawn? Nice choice, Carol.

BrentS:

--- Quote from: Scockery on October 30, 2016, 11:40 PM ---What house has a graveyard on the lawn? Nice choice, Carol.

--- End quote ---

Well, maybe it's just Halloween decorations  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version