Community > Watto's Junk Yard

The Walking Dead

<< < (411/522) > >>

Chris M:
Wow...Negan is a bad guy...haven't we covered that?

I guess this episode was marginally better than the past 5, but not by much.

I see Negan's people and I keep thinking, they can't stand the guy, why not just overthrow him.  It's not that hard and they have the numbers.  If he died, they have supplies already and a network to continue gathering. 

I loved seeing Rick for like 5 minutes.  Wow, does he have much of a role this season?

Michonne/Rosita are redeeming simply because they aren't taking any crap and rolling over to die.

GrandMoffNick:
I don't have an answer to why Alexandria, Hill Top, x, y, or z wouldn't just take their first attempt and kill Negan.

However, I do think it makes sense that the other members of the Saviors like that they have a steady supply of goods coming to them from other communities and don't know that if they overthrow Negan that the other communities will fear the new leader enough to do so.

Chris M:

--- Quote from: GrandMoffNick on December  5, 2016, 03:21 PM ---.

However, I do think it makes sense that the other members of the Saviors like that they have a steady supply of goods coming to them from other communities and don't know that if they overthrow Negan that the other communities will fear the new leader enough to do so.

--- End quote ---

I've thought of that, but also wonder why a person would subjugate themselves to that kind of abuse.

JediJman:
I guess I'm in the minority in liking last night's episode a lot more than the previous two.  Lots more action and we are finally getting a lit bit of what's going on with everyone instead of these character-specific episodes.  I'm liking that Carl made it to Negan's HQ - I figured they were going to use Daryl instead, so it was cool to see this come to life.  Yeah, Carl probably should have shot Negan, but where's the fun in that?  And keep in mind, he's a scared kid with one eye.

As for overthrowing Negan, I don't think it's all that simple and that's what I think they're trying to portray.  So far, we know he  gives you an iron to the face for minor infractions/fun, beats people's head's in as an introduction, and is willing to kill off every man in a community that acts up.  His enforcers have it pretty good (despite random abuse/scares to keep them in line), so they're probably not looking to overthrow him.  I think he's got most of the saviors sold on his dictatorship being better off than people being on their own as well.

As for communities rising up against him, I think that was the point of the previous episode where they let us know that all the men were slaughtered. They've demonstrated a few times now that if you are the person committing the infraction, it might be someone else who receives the punishment.  If you're Rick with a girlfriend, a teenage son, and an infant daughter, it'd be pretty scary to think about what he could do to any/all of them if you tried, but failed to take him out, or what his successor might do even if you got to him.  If you care about anyone in your community other than yourself, it would be tough to do much against him knowing the consequences.

Agree with everyone else on getting rid of Spencer.  I hate that Self-entitled whiner. 

Rosita and the one bullet thing is beyond stupid.  Way too much storyline about it at this point.  That single shot better have a big payout for us in the near future.

There was another clip of paralyzed-with-fear Rick in next week's preview, so I think you're right with him holding onto Judith for a while.  It's not like he doesn't have half a dozen wives sitting around to help take care of her. 

I think the build up to the mid-season finale is going to be a fun ride. 

Jedi Idej:
I figure Negan's created an environment where everyone is in self-preservation mode. Within his group, those high in the pecking order don't want to risk being on the outs if he's removed so they help maintain Negan's order. I imagine Dwight and his kind have engendered a lot of animus and would be pitchforked once the status quo changes. And those who have a lot to gain could be fearful of retribution by loyalists. And some just might be content with the oppression  because outsiders who have to provide protection payment have it worse.

Ditto with "Spencer's a d!ck".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version