Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556427 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #915 on: September 23, 2013, 09:24 AM »
I'll bet that the new show is centered around Darryl Dixon.  He's not a comic creation, and the fans (especially the women) LOVE him.  In fact, I saw a cool "Team Darryl" sticker on a car (complete with crossbow).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:24 AM by Qui-Gon Jim »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 11, 2013, 12:31 PM »
Want!  8)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 13, 2013, 10:38 AM »
cast, writers and producers were at NYCC and aired a live broadcast of the WD panel last night. norman still gets 90% of the fan love but lauren was next. they seemed real excited about the new season which returns tonight at 9pm est! "Prey for the Dead"
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 14, 2013, 08:14 AM »
What s jumbled mess last night was.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 14, 2013, 10:35 AM »
Finally got a chance to watch Talking Dead this morning.  Was surprised no one brought up the fence walker they kept showing - the one with the weird bloody eyes and face. Looks like he died from the same thing Patrick did.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 14, 2013, 11:46 AM »
That's what I was thinking last night.  I was wondering what is his significance.  It also makes me wonder if we are going to be dealing some kind of super zombie.  I certainly hope that's not the case.  I love the zombies as the backdrop to the human drama.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 14, 2013, 01:12 PM »
SWINE FLU!

The woman in the woods part was odd and I could see what was coming. Or was she real at all, was it all in Rick's mind?

Why was there a gun buried in the prison yard? From the Woodbury attacks? Just got plowed under during farming?

The Michonne Ranger is out hunting Guvnah. She MACON it her mission. LOL.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 14, 2013, 01:35 PM »
Totally unrealistic.

Who the **** would leave all that good booze?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #923 on: October 14, 2013, 02:11 PM »
SWINE FLU!

That's what I'm thinking.  Some kind of contamination, maybe in the water.  Maybe it's what's attracting the never-ending hoards of fence zombies.

Either that or the kid's system simply could not handle exposure to Daryl's handshake because Daryl is just too freakin' awesome.

Why was there a gun buried in the prison yard? From the Woodbury attacks? Just got plowed under during farming?

Pretty much - to symbolize Rick's transformation into a farmer.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 14, 2013, 04:20 PM »
So awesome! You gotta start slow to build things up, fine with me. Loved Crazy Clara in the woods. (Best line of the night as she approached her campsite, "My husband is just a head"...LOL)

I loved that the kid who died at the end (Patrick?) is the voice of Phineas from Phineas and Ferb. Too funny.

Good points brought up here about the buried gun (agreed it was a metaphor for Rick's transformation) and the eye-bleeding fence walker (definitely related). And let's not forget poor Violet the pig. They need to tread carefully here though, they have never made the virus pathology, etc an important detail of the show, and I would hate to see them paint themselves in a corner with this storyline. This would be more promising if Milton or the CDC guy was still around to investigate.

Yeah, Daryll licking his fingers before shaking hands with Patient Zero was probably a bad idea.

I'm happy they showed no scenes of the Governor in the season previews, the more he is off this show the more I enjoy it. I figure that will be the back half of the season.

Calling it now that ex-Army Medic recovering alcoholic Bob is going to be trouble.

Beth just doesn't care anymore, Maggie is not pregnant, and Carol is teaching knife fighting. Good times!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 14, 2013, 06:32 PM »
Bob or BYOB?

Either him or Tryeese has to die, given the show's "one brother" rule.  :P

Milton and the kid had to die, no nerds on this show!

Backpack stealing Rick forgot to rob the crazy lady's campsite...of course he couldn't because it was all imaginary.  ;)

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 14, 2013, 09:36 PM »
Pigs and horses just appear? What is this? Minecraft?

Hordes of walkers right outside the fences yet Rick might leave armed just with a bowie knife alone?

Crazy lady lives out in the wilderness alone for months? A lot of things not computing either before we get into the copter falling.

I was wondering if she was one of the hunters
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:43 PM by Sybeck1 »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 14, 2013, 10:29 PM »
Telling ya, she's all in Rick's mind...he's have another freak-out. Remember at least one of his 3 questions was something the imaginary callers on the phone asked him.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 14, 2013, 10:46 PM »
Totally unrealistic.

Who the **** would leave all that good booze?

I love you man.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #929 on: October 14, 2013, 11:49 PM »
Loved it...  And it supposedly only gets worse.

Talking Dead was enlightening, and entertaining.  I hope to god they don't bring Silent Bob in this season because he single-handedly makes TD not watchable, but the guys they had on were great.  Don't know the celeb but Gimple was very forthcoming about the upcoming season without spoiling things much.

The celeb's thought on the walker pile-ups post-preview of next week's episode was pretty much 100% on I think.

Patrick proves you can't be a doofus and survive in the apocalypse, incase Milton hadn't driven that home to people already.  You'll die of your lame allergies or whatever.  You suck nerd!

Zach, we hardly knew ya.

Tracy, awesome point.

Gimple brought up that EVERY detail in E1 of this season will play out as the season goes on.  Everything.

I agree with Scock...  I think that may have all been in Rick's mind.  Maybe not, and if not I think it's pretty weird for sure.  She looked to almost be diseased herself...  makes me wonder if, and perhaps this is why she survived, but perhaps her smell's pretty much completely masked?  This is all assuming she's real and not in Rick's mind.

Loved the chopper through the Big Lots roof with the zombie hanging by his own guts.  Freaky.  Some very good moments with walker grotesqueness this episode.

Bets now on who isn't "walking" out of this season alive?  See what I did there?   :D

Anyway, I loved the episode...  Things really got out of hand quickly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77