Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556395 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #975 on: October 25, 2013, 01:28 PM »
Heck, could argue the same about BSG.  Take the Cylons out and the wiping out the colonies, what would there be.  These shows (BSG and TWD) open dialogues on the human character and how people react to dire circumstances.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 27, 2013, 11:09 PM »
Wonder if that will put a damper on the whole Carol/Daryl slow-burning romance..... :o. And I wonder how Daryl will feel about his vow to put a bullet into whoever did it once he finds out it was Carol.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 11:28 PM by Tracy »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 27, 2013, 11:42 PM »
Wasn't enough they killed Zach, but now his car, too.

I wouldn't count on a Dodge before the apocalypse, much less after. (I made the same joke about Defiance).

Will Rick find some patsy for Carol or tell everyone?

"That guy did it, but he died of the disease."

"Rick, that guy was 75 and walked with a limp."

"Shut-up, Daryl."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #978 on: October 28, 2013, 03:51 AM »
I am thinking maybe carol killed Karen and Decatur David (we hardly knew ya).  It's just a guess because she's so hyper aggressive at the moment.  Putting Daryl and Tyrese against one another would be an interesting story dynamic too...  Like Daryl all you want, but he's a dude riding a Harley with SS runes on the tank.

Me FTW!

I lean towards the patsy angle, but it tears up Carol inside...  I was talking about this tonight with my mother (she's a huge fan, which is kinda funny.  She likes dissecting everything about an episode as much as we do but computers scare her, so she won't be joining in).

She doesn't agree, but I think Rick blames a dead sick person who croaked while they were out getting meds...  Rick says, "Yeah, 'Decatur Bob' told us right before he died...  case closed!", and everything's relatively hunky dory except Carol's a bad liar.  Might come to a head at some point, but IF there's not patsy angle, I'd say Carol's dead and Tyrese's time with the group is near its own end because I can't see Daryl going away or letting Tyrese go batty on Carol.

Carol's still a ***** btw...  For all her hard speak, and all the Carol gushing on Talking Dead, she still got her machete stuck in a zombies head and fell down.  Chicks, I tell ya.  ::)  :-*

Speaking of Talking Dead...

So, yeah, Kevin Smith officially usurped as the biggest *******/most annoying guest they have...  Marilyn Manson now wears the tiara.  I think the other two guests didn't get to speak nearly enough, despite both sounding like they had much better things to say.  And Manson was largely incoherent and droned on in failed attempts to sound like he was thinking deep about every aspect of the show.  He was horrible, and given Hardwick's treatment of him at times, I don't think he'll be back any time soon.  Twiggy should come on though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 28, 2013, 11:13 AM »
So, yeah, Kevin Smith officially usurped as the biggest *******/most annoying guest they have...  Marilyn Manson now wears the tiara.  I think the other two guests didn't get to speak nearly enough, despite both sounding like they had much better things to say.  And Manson was largely incoherent and droned on in failed attempts to sound like he was thinking deep about every aspect of the show.  He was horrible, and given Hardwick's treatment of him at times, I don't think he'll be back any time soon.  Twiggy should come on though.

OMG, you took the words right out of my mouth. That was literally UNWATCHABLE. And I really wanted to hear what Gale Hurd had to say but I simply could not take another second of that ******bag.

"At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that resembled a rational thought."

I guessed right on Carol too, but not in this forum sadly so I do not get credit. :(  Still time to get your bets in on the rat-feeder though. (Going with one of those girls)

Here is the main problem with carol: her head is in the right place, but not her heart. She is making decisions now UNILATERALLY for the entire group and making her own determination on what's best. That is a huge problem. THAT IS WHAT THE COUNCIL IS FOR! If she had done any of this stuff with their blessing that is one thing but clearly that is not the case.

Tyreese isn't going anywhere, so this gets resolved eventually. Maybe Carol dies, maybe not. I think Rick has learned his lesson about not coming clean in the past though, so I am hopeful he handles this the right way. I mean, he just needs to get everyone together in one big room and then tell them what happened. Don't let it fester.

And after all that, Carol never even goes to check on Sasha, LOL.

That was one sick looking black eye, ouch.

So what happens if a walker dies and falls in the little river where they're getting all their fresh drinking water from? That does not seem very sanitary.

Good episode though, every one without the Governor is a real delight.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 28, 2013, 12:08 PM »
Good episode last night... I loved getting to see more of Tyrese. The fight with Rick was great, and the moment during the group's run was epic. Last week I didn't suspect Carol as the murderer, but I knew it was going to be her when she was present during the opening scene. It was an interesting choice for the story and definitely has me re-thinking the murders as possible mercy killings. It was still a very Shane-esque decision on Carol's part, and I look forward to seeing how Rick deals with it. 

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 28, 2013, 01:42 PM »
You know what...maybe...RICK AND CAROL HOOK UP. That's what this is leading to.

Marilyn Manson,  they need more guests like him so I can stop watching Talking Dead and do something more worthwhile.

I briefly suspected that Hershell was gathering poison plants to kill all the infected. He was  being suspicious about going outside alone.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 28, 2013, 05:04 PM »
Three black people went out with one white guy, and none of them died.

I don't even know what show I'm watching anymore.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 28, 2013, 05:18 PM »
Three black people went out with one white guy, and none of them died.

I don't even know what show I'm watching anymore.

I thought we were going to lose one for sure. I'm still it sure how Tyreese made it out. I figured he would as it didn't seem like it was his time yet.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #984 on: October 28, 2013, 08:14 PM »
When Tyrese didn't leave with the group, but then showed up, it's like the show's writers were dicking with us and did that on purpose.

"Look, we'll make 'em think Tyrese is the black person who doesn't come back!"

How nervous is the guy with the SS Runes on his fuel tank too?  Am I right?  It's like a Chappelle skit.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 29, 2013, 08:58 AM »
Can't believe I forgot to mention the bit about the radio. It was quickly overshadowed by the car hijiinks with the herd, but who WAS that on the radio?

Seems like maybe a good way to introduce another comic favorite...drum roll please: ABRAHAM

You read it here first.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 29, 2013, 09:08 AM »
Can't believe I forgot to mention the bit about the radio. It was quickly overshadowed by the car hijiinks with the herd, but who WAS that on the radio?

Seems like maybe a good way to introduce another comic favorite...drum roll please: ABRAHAM

You read it here first.

The show producer mentioned something about the Comics in reference to the radio part. Well she said it may or may not be related to the comics. Having not read the comics, I have no reference.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #987 on: October 29, 2013, 09:29 AM »

You read it here first.

News of Abraham's casting got out a couple weeks ago. No one mentioned it here, though.

‘Walking Dead’ Adds Michael Cudlitz, Josh McDermitt; First Photo Of Sgt. Abraham Ford
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 29, 2013, 12:46 PM »

You read it here first.

News of Abraham's casting got out a couple weeks ago. No one mentioned it here, though.

‘Walking Dead’ Adds Michael Cudlitz, Josh McDermitt; First Photo Of Sgt. Abraham Ford

Yeo, I had read that too, so I wasn't really going out on a limb I guess. Can't wait for these guys to show up, we need more studs for Team Rick. Good stuff!

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 29, 2013, 02:08 PM »
Carol's still a ***** btw...  For all her hard speak, and all the Carol gushing on Talking Dead, she still got her machete stuck in a zombies head and fell down.  Chicks, I tell ya.  ::)  :-*

Hey!  Her hands were slippery from all of the mud! >:( ;)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 02:09 PM by Tracy »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(