Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556466 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #90 on: December 2, 2010, 04:06 PM »
We're still on that?  Jeez.

They're right there; it's not like they can't go back and get them, ever.  They can do it off-screen, even:  "Hey, Bob, we went ahead and grabbed all the guns off the corpses, just like you suggested."  "Great, thanks."

Besides, the dead military guys' weapons are probably all out of ammo or else they wouldn't be dead military guys in the first place.

Yes.  We will be on this forever, till you see reason, sir.

Dead soldiers probably have extra ammo on them...  neener neener neener.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 3, 2010, 04:14 PM »
Great show, can't wait for the second season now.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 5, 2010, 12:04 AM »
I think the military still has flamethrowers to use, they just haven't been seen in use since Vietnam I'd assume.  I assume they have access to something though.

Flamethrowers are good for clearing out a tight-quarters area...  Just spraying and praying with them, they're less effective.

I guess they've been largely replaced by incindiery weapons like the M202 "Flash" (which I'm not real familiar with really, other than it's more a rocket launcher).

I have a feeling traditional throwers are still available in surplus though.

Possibly. But I learned that the military doesn't use them in the field as weapons from hanging around GI JOE message boards where some know-it-alls about the real military occassionaly chime in. Of course, there were like 4 different flame thrower characters on the 80's-90's GI JOE team, to heck with miltiary reality.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 5, 2010, 01:15 PM »
If I were a survivor I would be concerned about how the virus was spread.  If you had to be bit or scratched then I would think it would be blood or saliva/fluid borne.  I would be quite hesitant to wallow in the bloody body of someone who was bit, even if it was my beloved family member.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 6, 2010, 10:20 AM »
Well, so much for that.  :'(

This was the best thing I have seen all year on TV, and I am totally going to miss it. If we really have to wait a whole year for new episodes that is going to suck.

Pretty good ending, would have liked to have been left with at least an inkling of where things are heading though.

Seems like at this point, your best bet is to hunker down, find a safe place and wait. They've already noted the zombies are starving, so a few more months and they should have degraded to a near inert level of activity. (the muscles will simply atrophy with a lack of nutrients I would expect)

The scenes in the CDC were mostly good, although again, you've got Joe Scientist standing there and still no one asks how it got started? Where was Ground Zero for the outbreak? I figure at least Rick would have been curious. We're still lacking a lot of key, basic information I feel like.

I still don't get Shane. They continue to show him alternating between noble and despicable, to the point where it's hard to grap the character's moral center. Is he just a good guy slowly going over the edge? Or something darker?

And how does anyone buy that "I must have scratched myself while sleeping" schtick? COME ON.

So why exactly does crew-cut lady have a grenade in her purse? Just thought it might come in handy later? And you weren't worried at all about keeping a potentially unstable explosive device inches from your daughter?  ::)

Did they forget all about Merle? Or the black guy and his son?

Best line of the night:

"That door is designed to withstand a rocket launcher"

"Your head ain't!"
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 6, 2010, 12:51 PM »
The CDC Dr. Jenner was a downer. Also, I find it amusing had the survivors been one day later, they'd have found smoldering rubble. But everyone got a hot shower!

Also, Doc didn't know if it was a virus or what. Okaaay...I think they'd be able to establish more what it wasn't at least.

The brain scan thing was neat.

To add to the "not picking up weapons" thing,  the doctor noting that some assault rifles were left around...

Seems to me they need to consolidate some vehicles...too many for what, 11 people now.

We are left with two mysteries (beyond the virus), the helicopter in Atlanta and what the doctor told him.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2010, 03:02 PM by scockery »

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 7, 2010, 02:44 AM »
I think the doc told him about his wife and the other cop, he might have seen them on camera maybe??
The idea of what would happen to that building should the power go was good.

They got drunk, had bacon and eggs the next morning and then back on the road.

I figured more people would actually stay with the doc at the end though.

Given the circumstances I think I would probably do the same thing.

We still havent seen how he gets to the place he was in the first ep when he shoots the kid zombie though right?
So that still has to happen??
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 7, 2010, 08:44 AM »

We are left with two mysteries (beyond the virus), the helicopter in Atlanta and what the doctor told him.

If they follow the comics, the second one is really easy to figure out.  Granted the show is about 85% different from the events in the comics (no CDC or hillbillies with crossbows in the comics), but having read the comics, it seemed pretty obvious what the doctor told Rick. 

I'll write it real small so it's tough to read.  If you want to see it, just copy and paste in Word or something - Lori's pregnant. 

We still havent seen how he gets to the place he was in the first ep when he shoots the kid zombie though right?
So that still has to happen??

That happened between Rick raiding the police station and leaving Morgan and his kid and Rick finding the farmhouse with the horse.  He was in the police car at that time and running out of gas.  No need for any further explanation, it was just a scene to grab the viewers.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #98 on: December 8, 2010, 11:36 AM »
Mikey, I figured that out and I haven't read the comic...wait I did...but I was bored by it...but yeah, with all the bloodwork being done it was a no brainer.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #99 on: December 8, 2010, 12:06 PM »
Seems to me they need to consolidate some vehicles...too many for what, 11 people now.

I was thinking that.  They're just wasting fuel.  Consolidate to two vehicles.

Overall it was pretty good.  Worth watching.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2010, 01:52 PM »
i've been watching from Ep1, got my wife watching from Ep2 which is shocker cuz she doesn't like this kinda stuff.  Glad they kind of explained why sheriff got left behind and that it wasn't for some alternate reasoning like now i can bang his wife.

As far as military being overun to well you take Atlanta somebody said population of 5 million maybe half infected other half either dead-dead or alive and hiding/trying to escape.  that's still 2.5 million zombies that can potentially overrun your position.  So unless you're using hard core missles and gattling guns i think u better get out of Dodge. 

while picking up a .50 cal could potentially mow down some zombies u have to take in the noise factor as well.  if they're worried about a pistol going off imagine the swarms of something like that.  so that'd would have to be a last resort weapon or something to use when you're on the move.  So that'd probably also rule out the Vatos as they're stationary and aren't leaving anytime soon.

i could imagine world leaders on aircraft carries for sure, and I'm sure there'd be working governments but just the matter of being able to get word out to survivors.  Don't how many people have watched the History Channel show world without people or something like that.  But they sure make it sound like stuff would break down pretty quick without us constently maintaining them.  Power grids would falter pretty quick.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #101 on: October 7, 2011, 12:16 AM »
Season 2 Trailer.

The Walking Dead returns next Sunday (16 October)!  AMC is also showing all of season 1 before the Season 2 premier for anyone who wants to either catch up or has not had the opportunity to see it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 7, 2011, 08:51 AM »
Coolness.  Never did catch this show, but I'll be on board.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 7, 2011, 10:33 AM »
Wow!  I didn't realize it was returning so (realitively) soon.  Thank goodness for DVR - I can spread out Dexter, The Walking Dead, Homeland and House.  Just need to wait for The Killing and Mad Men to pick back up.  It will carry me over to summer and True Blood.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 7, 2011, 12:25 PM »
I'm psyched. I've been watching progressively less TV the past few years so the few remaining shows I do keep up with are welcome returns.

Too bad they couldn't have timed the action figures to come out in advance of the new season. Pretty weak sauce, I have been jonesing for these hard all summer. Will they ever show up?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy