Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557848 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #330 on: March 5, 2012, 02:15 AM »
Apparently Carl got all Lori's stupid genes?

And picked up Shane's ****'em all, kill or be killed attitude.

This episode points out all the reasons that I basically hate most people.  They will never fail to do something stupid at the expense of someone else. 

Like I said before, I'm still shocked Daryl hasn't gone off on his own.  Even though he almost died while out on his own, he fought all the way back to almost have Andrea kill him...  I'm him, I'd pack a bag and take off on the motorcycle.  Head down to the Florida Keys, get a truck, stockpile some supplies and go cut myself off on an island with nothing but a boat and a fishing pole.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 5, 2012, 08:16 AM »
Is Carl the new Jar Jar Binks of TWD Universe? That kid is irritating me to no end...

+1

I know seriously; I was like dam kid, first being a little punkazz talking smack to carol about her daughter, then going out into the woods to find a walker stuck in the mud. So like a typical punk kid who thinks nothing will happen to him, he throws rocks, sticks etc at the walker. Then has to go down CLOSER to it and poke it with a stick. I thought the 'oh sh!t' look on his face was priceless payback when the walker got one foot free and lunged at him.  Carl's just a 'little jimmy' if there ever was one ;)
Dale while trying to be a voice of 'civiliazed reason' in a world of chaos, was getting to be a broken record. But still, wasn't expecting him to be the one to die until the end when he was walking alone in the foggy night.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 5, 2012, 03:19 PM »
Yep, Carl sucks, and the kid is really not even a good actor. His scenes are always painful to endure. After everything that has happened, you'd think they would, you know, try to keep an eye on him? And yet THREE separate times in the episode he sneaks off on his own and screws something up.

And I'm sure Darryl will love that he lost his gun too.

I don't think the bloodshed is over for the group this season.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 6, 2012, 05:53 AM »
How did the zombie get over there?
I thought it was stuck in the mud trying to cross the river
Wasnt that something that was established early on?
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 6, 2012, 06:47 AM »
I think Herschel said in the preview for next the creek was drying up. 
« Last Edit: March 6, 2012, 04:51 PM by Chris M »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #335 on: March 6, 2012, 04:47 PM »
Good episode...  That was kinda sad, but at the same time it was like putting someone out of their misery.  He wasn't cut out for the new world.  Being a moral person doesn't mean you have to put you and your group at risk.  Randall's full-on creepy, and should've been killed. 

Hell, let Carl do it, he needs practice...  bad.

BTW again, and I hate to be a hardass, but wasting a bullet on the execution?  Why?  More humane?  You're eliminating a threat...  Darryl and Shane needed to handle that with Rick minding where his son is at.  Also someone needs to set a "travel in pairs" rule.  I mean, there's some seriously common sense stuff not happening and it's frustrating.

Good episode.  Love the show, and I still say this is the best thing on TV today, and the best thing I've seen in ages.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2012, 04:52 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 6, 2012, 07:22 PM »
I'm just glad Rick is back in "leader status".  Wow though...Both his wife and his son are dumbshits.  Can maybe understand the boy- being bored and all, but ya...no.  Wasn't expecting Dale to go to heaven or wherever he went, but was sick of his BS highschool chatter with everyone behind their backs all the time.  CyA!  Looks like Randall does a good job on Shane's face next Sunday...  Dude was iffy from the start and ya....I like this show   :)  Shame it's going back on vacation again soon.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 6, 2012, 07:43 PM »
Looks like Randall does a good job on Shane's face next Sunday...  Dude was iffy from the start

I caught that too, but it smells like BS. Randall is half starved, and mostly beaten to a pulp, and he's gonna lay out Travis Bickel on steroids? I don't see it.

I think Shane lets him escape for some reason. Maybe to force the group's hand, I don't know.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 6, 2012, 09:18 PM »
The actor who played Dale was having problems with the production team according to the episode Wikapedia post. I thought it was going to be Shane who offed him. Carl must be mentally retarded to leave the walker unoccupied. Too stupid of a plot to have him just leave it in the woods when his future girlfreind was bitten by one.

There are 30 men armed with automatic weapons out there. Good to see in the preview they are preparing for a fight.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 7, 2012, 08:59 AM »
Yeah to us - the viewers, carl just leaving the walker out there is plain stupid but that's part of his story arc, I guess. Eventhough Dale was getting to be a broken record as 'the voice of reason', the world as they know has changed and they have to change with it and try to make the best of it.
I mean, in 'reality of star wars', people got upset when they killed chewie off in the first book of the NJO, but Han probably shouldn't have survived being frozen in carbonite or at lest jabba should have kept him under better guard. Or Lando shouldn't have made it out of the death star2 at the end.
Oh well, it's fun and games...
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 7, 2012, 02:11 PM »
I LOVE this show - I think AMC is shaping up to be a worldclass network - The Killing and Made Men are swell too.  Thought the fact that Darrell stepped up to put Dale out of his misery made a powerful statement that he was back in with the group.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 7, 2012, 02:13 PM »
Is Carl the new Jar Jar Binks of TWD Universe? That kid is irritating me to no end...

+1

Yeah - I am starting to think that Lori started screwing around on Rick long before the Walkers popped up - that kid has Shane's numbnut's brains............
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 7, 2012, 03:23 PM »
Thought the fact that Darrell stepped up to put Dale out of his misery made a powerful statement that he was back in with the group.

Agreed.  I also wonder if Darrell knows that Rick has a "problem" killing when he's not directly threatened.  Consider it the cop in him.  I wonder if Darrell was telling Rick in a roundabout way that he was okay with taking on the burden of putting Dale out of his misery.  I don't recall Darrell being particularly angry with Rick for not popping Randal when his son showed up.  Maybe he wants Rick to be a good example of a dad because he didn't have one.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #343 on: March 7, 2012, 03:43 PM »
Darrel's brief shot sharpening his knife near Randal though, was intended to show Darrel was gonna do it while everyone was away too.  And quietly.  He's a really interesting character...  maybe the most interesting one in the group ultimately.

And I still wonder where that black guy and his kid are.

And T-Dawg's ass is grass.  They're doing nothing with him.  He cannot be long for that world.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 8, 2012, 08:55 AM »
And T-Dawg's ass is grass.  They're doing nothing with him.  He cannot be long for that world.

I suspect he may have more of a role next season based on where it appears the series is heading.  ;)