Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556435 times)

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #750 on: February 24, 2013, 09:51 PM »
has anyone done the online story synch thing while watching?  It's kind of cool....but also a little distracting.

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 24, 2013, 11:16 PM »
Well this was mainly a filler episode, and next week looks to be also. Andrea does have a great backside though

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 24, 2013, 11:25 PM »
Merle knows how to read. That was the most shocking revelation in the episode.

Tyreese said "stop...hammer time" on that walker. The Governor's stock greeting to newcomers...you can leave tomorrow...but think it over.

Milton is a bit of a sheepish twit, but he knows it's better to serve in heaven than reign in hell.

I was almost expecting some one to be stowed away in Andrea's car's trunk. Trojan horse play! Apparently not.

Why are they suddenly low on food at the prison?

What is Rick up to with the road trip? I mean, it's not a bad idea show-wise, because the prison and Woodbury are getting stale.

I think the trio will find a Burger King that's still open but it's serving horse meat, so they keep on driving.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #753 on: February 25, 2013, 04:41 AM »
I was almost expecting some one to be stowed away in Andrea's car's trunk. Trojan horse play!

And I wish it was me.

I almost did the story synch thing but I'm just not that ambitious.  I figure some night I'm going to watch it on In Demand, and try story synch on the gf's iPad, but I figured it would definitely throw off the experience so I'd only do it on a 2nd viewing.  :-\

I got the impression Rick was running for arms and stuff?  I don't know though...  They seem to find crap here and there.  Gonna be tough to match Woodbury's stuff, but hey, whatever.  maybe he remembers a gunshop somewhere?  Or mental noted some redneck's house?  Or maybe he figures every police station has a pile of hardware in it?

Or it's another formula run.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 25, 2013, 07:55 AM »

I almost did the story synch thing but I'm just not that ambitious.  I figure some night I'm going to watch it on In Demand, and try story synch on the gf's iPad, but I figured it would definitely throw off the experience so I'd only do it on a 2nd viewing.  :-\

It was mostly a bunch of user surveys  and trivia questions about past episodes related tp the current scene.    "What should Andrea do next?" and "Maggie quoted scripture to Hershel once in season two...why?" type questions.  Cool that it was live with the broadcast but I was hoping for something more insightful or some behind the scenes info in real time.

maybe he remembers a gunshop somewhere?  Or mental noted some redneck's house?  Or maybe he figures every police station has a pile of hardware in it?

Or it's another formula run.

He's taking Carl out to a zombie herd to drop him alone and then stand on the sidelines yelling "you want me to stop now you little ****?  Want Daryl or Hershel to take over?"
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 25, 2013, 10:05 AM »
Yeah, this seemed like one of the obligatory "let's develop our characters" episode rather than focusing on moving the plot forward. Which I get, you have to keep things interesting.

So we got some actual emotion out of Michonne, and we all thank you for psychologically b*tch slapping Andrea because her act is just getting tiresome.

Like LOST, so much of this show hingers on people not volunteering information at the right time, and this is frustrating to me. Maggie couldn't have pulled Andrea aside for 30 seconds and said "BTW, let me clue you in on how I was treated by your man Phillip when I was in Woodbury"?

I did love Scripture-quoting Merle. Noticed they added him as a full time cast member in the credits, so I assume he will stick around for awhile. Between this and the abuse-implication last week, they seem to be making an effort to soften him up around the rough edges a little. Fine with me, dude has major screen presence and his acting is always strong.

I kinda liked the Carl-Rick talk too. I feel like the kid was just trying to get dad to give himself a break rather than busting his balls over losing it.

Zombie-curbing was terrific, right up there with the car-trunk decapitation a few weeks back.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 25, 2013, 01:00 PM »
Beware the Governor's army of housewives and pre-pubescent asthmatic kids!

Michonne telling Andrea that she didn't tell the group anything. Understatement of the year. :P Nice reference to Zombieland with the cardio.

Why is Merle, the one-handed guy, handling the opening/closing of the gate?

Nice of the group to give Andrea the dirty, non-hybrid. Gotta keep those squeaky clean fuel efficient 2013 Hondas with 0% financing and no down payment until March 2015 for ourselves!

Oh, and Andrea brought back the "M'ASK YOU SUMTHIN'!"
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #757 on: February 25, 2013, 02:55 PM »
I'd have wanted the Police/prison car.  They have reinforced transmissions and undercarriages usually, heavy duty brakes...  Other than 4WD they're little fotresses.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 25, 2013, 08:36 PM »
Was sort of a filler episode. But I'm happy to see Rick coming back from crazytown. I had forgotten that Andrea had no idea that Shane was dead. She's been away from the crew for so long.

So on to the previews for next week... Anyone think the "shooter" in the preview for next week is Morgan from Season 1?  He's got to come back sometime??

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #759 on: February 25, 2013, 08:49 PM »
[quote author=BrentS link=topic=21166.msg557030#msg557030 date=1361842569

So on to the previews for next week... Anyone think the "shooter" in the preview for next week is Morgan from Season 1?  He's got to come back sometime??
[/quote]

I would like to see him back, didnt see the preview though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 26, 2013, 01:06 AM »
It  would make sense. Morgan would be someone that Rick failed to get killed. So he's gotta a reputation to keep. He made short work of the prisoners, half of Hershell's bunch, over half the original camp, the CDC guy....wanted to live until he met Rick's bunch.

This means Rick drives back to his home town to get one guy (and his son)? Or just happens to stumble across him, because the southeast United States is a small world, after all.

My bet is Rick plans to get the gold at Fort Knox to bribe the governor or set a trap. The governor looks like a pirate now and pirates love gold.  The season finale is a showdown on a lake between Rick's galleys, built from prison pallets, oared by walkers vs. the Governor's people on ski-doos. Rick wins because days before the epic naval engagement, he kidnaps Milton and forces him to rediscovers the secret of Greek Fire.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #761 on: February 26, 2013, 01:27 AM »
I think you stole some of that from Waterworld.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 26, 2013, 12:40 PM »
If Morgan does come back, remember the one black guy rule is still in effect. Tyresse either dies or Morgan would not make through a whole episode.........

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #763 on: February 26, 2013, 01:23 PM »
Woodbury seems to be allowed more than one black guy.  Racial equality and seeing Andrea semi-nude are its only redeeming features.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 01:23 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 26, 2013, 07:27 PM »
Showers and stuff.

After a week, we'd all kill Rick for a shower.