Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556329 times)

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #765 on: March 3, 2013, 12:03 PM »
Some posts I found are saying this episode tonight will be the best one yet. That one is hard to believe. The promo is quite heartless as Rick and company fly past a lone survior walking down the road

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 3, 2013, 09:19 PM »

So on to the previews for next week... Anyone think the "shooter" in the preview for next week is Morgan from Season 1?  He's got to come back sometime??
Good call. At first I thought it would be a little too convenient for them to run into him on a supply run - but it makes a lot more sense considering they went back to Rick's ground zero.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 3, 2013, 10:54 PM »
Road trip!

I can't get over the fact that after all this this they're still just a short jaunt from Rickville, or wherever. So great to see Morgan again. For a dude with nothing to live for anymore, he took a lot of pains to insure his survival. All that Home Alone stuff was nuts.

Seemed like Rick got a glimpse into his future there. I felt like he was talking to himself as much as Morgan for awhile there. I had a brief hope Morgan would come back with them and we would finally get somebody into the Tyreese type supporting role, but again not to be. I do sort of feel like we haven't seen the last of him. At least he knows Rick's at the prison if he has a change of heart.

A little more Michonne still goes a long way, love how they are developing her character slowly but surely. That was one ugly ass cat though, lol.

Ultimately though, how productive was that trip? They got a few more guns, but wasted a lot of gas and ammo in the process, and still no food I would imagine. Oh, but they did pick up that sweet ass crib and the photo though, whew.

The whole thing with the hitchhiker was brutal and completely awesome.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 3, 2013, 11:12 PM »
That was a different arms locker than what was in the pilot. Why leave the high powered stuff the first time?  No extra vests lying around? Seems like between the prison and the police station there would be more kevlar.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 3, 2013, 11:18 PM »

Seemed like Rick got a glimpse into his future there. I felt like he was talking to himself as much as Morgan for awhile there.

I almost expected Carl and Michonne to come back and find that Rick had been talking to himself the whole time.

Ultimately though, how productive was that trip? They got a few more guns, but wasted a lot of gas and ammo in the process, and still no food I would imagine. Oh, but they did pick up that sweet ass crib and the photo though, whew.

The whole thing with the hitchhiker was brutal and completely awesome.

I would've had them pick up the hitcher and then he gets shot to death by Morgan. But instead of dying due to meeting Rick, he dies by seeing Rick. Rick is now the Flying Dutchman of the apocalypse. He might have survived, not having expended energy trying to catch them. Doubt that? He'd made it this long.

Did you catch the "Erin we've headed to..." sign at the start and the zombie girl at the car window with the bracelet that said ERIN. Was she one those the hitcher's pals?

Morgan is the exterminator of the apocalypse and anything that moves is vermin. I wondered from the "_____ Turned"  writing if he hadn't encounter other survivors who died on him (it wasn't just Duane, there were other names) or what?

Michonne gets the cat, a bar of booze and she gets an ornamental cat?

Poor Carl didn't know about the storage unit in Atlanta. What happened to those two people? Or were those webisodes just mostly meaningless in the big picture?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 4, 2013, 08:04 AM »
I liked last night's episode, but it wasn't my favorite.  Hopefully the experience makes Rick a little softer.  I get wanting to protect your group from strangers, but they were all strangers in the beginning.  I would have trouble sleeping after finding the hitcher I left behind torn to pieces.  Thats cold.

Good to see Morgan, but I dont get why he went to lengths to protect his position if he has a death wish.  Clearly hes not right in the head after losing Duane (gut wrenching story there with the mom).  I did like how he was crazy-rationalizing this and that like the walkie and Rick giving him the gun.  I could see that from someone whoblamed himself for his child's death.

Michonne was fantastic.  Quickly becomming my favorite character.  Im not sure why she didnt just open the front door and take all the bar walkers in the street or kill them one by one while they went for the rats though.

The "supply run" was really about Rick getting more guns/ammo, which makes sense given how much complaining there has been about wasting bullets.  They had two big bags of guns, so I would call that a success.  You can also see them loading grocery bags in the trunk at the end, so I took it that they found some food or formula as well.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 4, 2013, 08:57 AM »
Agreed with the above.  I really enjoyed last nights episode.  I was a bit concerned it was just going to be a filler episode after seeing the previews, but I didn't feel it was that at all.  We did get some back story and probably some more insight into Rick's character, as well as Michonne, and even got to see a little Carl badass come out.  All in all, good solid episode.  I just wish this season were going to run more than 16 episodes.  We're almost done for the season.  Anybody have word on how long season 4 will be?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 4, 2013, 09:24 AM »
Forgot to mention what a terrific relief it was to have a whole episode and no momentum-sapping scenes from Woodbury. God, that storyline just sucks all the air out of this series. It is looking more and more unlikely they will wrap that all up this season too...ugh.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #773 on: March 4, 2013, 10:15 AM »
I thought it was a decent episode.  Risking your life for a photograph doesn't make any sense, but maybe in a post-apocalyptic zombie world it does.  I think they should at least have had the courtesy to open the doors when they were done so the zombies could make their way towards to booby traps. 

Nice seeing Michonne acting slightly human.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 4, 2013, 10:39 AM »
You can always nit pick episodes but consider this. That walker loaded bar is only at best two blocks from where Morgan lives. Given all of the walker traps he has build he would to have cleared all local building out for materials or had at least went into a eating establishment to search for food.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 4, 2013, 12:49 PM »
You can always nit pick episodes but consider this. That walker loaded bar is only at best two blocks from where Morgan lives. Given all of the walker traps he has build he would to have cleared all local building out for materials or had at least went into a eating establishment to search for food.

I wondered that, too. He was clearing whole blocks, but not TGI-Undeadies? We could assume most of the food inside would've gone bad besides the most basic things (flour, sugar) , and restaurants don't stock much from what i hear.

Not sure how on the ball he was anyway, even before the madness. If you couldn't off your zombie wife, you could lure her into some structure and lock her inside it. That wouldn't make for a good story. "I locked in her in tool shed, Rick. MY OWN WIFE! Locked in a cheap alluminum shack!"
« Last Edit: March 4, 2013, 01:22 PM by Scockery »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 4, 2013, 04:18 PM »
Who knows - maybe in the beginning he cleared the dive out of what little food was in  there and then - along with Duane - lured a bunch of walkers inside to pen them up. Maybe that was how he rolled until he decided to "Clear" his world of walkers - dead or alive.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 4, 2013, 05:57 PM »
Who knows - maybe in the beginning he cleared the dive out of what little food was in  there and then - along with Duane - lured a bunch of walkers inside to pen them up. Maybe that was how he rolled until he decided to "Clear" his world of walkers - dead or alive.

Didn't it also seem like there was a lock on the outside?  What if Morgan caught some people sneaking in there or lured them in, then locked it from the outside.  If there were a few walkers in there or even if someone was bit, it wouldn't take long to turn the whole group into Z's.  Maybe that group hadn't been there all that long...

I would like to know where Morgan got all those weapons beyond the police station.  He had some high powered stuff and grenades.  Seems like a lot of weaponry for the middle of nowhere.  I hope Rick snagged a few of those.

I'm curious to know what others think about the hitchhiker, groups like Tyrese, etc.  If you were Rick, would you let them join up?  I get the rationale for not trusting new people or even the importance of protecting your dwindling rations, but there's also something to be said for leaving people for dead.  Or selfishly, what about absorbing other groups to swell your ranks?  Seems like a better move with the Governor's army on the horizon.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #778 on: March 4, 2013, 06:55 PM »
I don't know... screaming at the top of your lungs is the mark of an idiot.  I can't imagine how dude survived 5 minutes much less a year.  So I can understand not picking up a random idiot.

However, I do agree that he should be building his army.  It was a mistake to toss out Tyrese and crew given their success in battle.  But it seems like trust issues trump common sense for Rick from time to time.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 4, 2013, 08:01 PM »
In a post-apocalyptic world, you just can't trust people.  You can't.  I think Rick made the right choice ignoring that hitchhiker. 
Binders full of astromechs...