Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556324 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #810 on: March 12, 2013, 12:28 PM »
I don't think Rick believe the Guv...  But he is haunted by the ramifications of some of his decisions, so he's questioning himself.  What if he could secure his family's safety by giving up someone he's not very close to?  What if he is wrong about the governor not being sincere?

I read the novel Rise of the Governor, and I think it dovetails into the comic continuity, but there is nothing that would contradict anything on the TV version.  In this novel, the entire backstory of how Phillip became the man who would lead Woodbury is explored, including his wife.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 14, 2013, 12:56 PM »
Walking Dead credits...90's style.  8)

http://youtu.be/78rjL__Nw_8

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 14, 2013, 05:25 PM »
Walking Dead credits...90's style.  8)

http://youtu.be/78rjL__Nw_8

Another Walker comes to mind....Walker Texas Ranger......

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 17, 2013, 11:15 PM »
I bet Andrea wouldn't have bothered leaving Woodbury if she'd known Governor had a GPS locater planted on her. I mean, it's that or Philip is part bloodhound.  Sure he knew where she was headed, that much was obvious. More impressive was that he knew she'd go that old factory (which looked abandoned but was somehow filled with undead). He knew the spot where she'd approach the prison. He's just that magnificent.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be hard to figure out who took a truck in the night and left the town. He didn't even need to question Tyreese and friends/frenemies.

I was wondering why Andrea didn't double back and steal the governor's truck....assuming he left the keys in it. Sounds good on paper.

It's hard to take the walkers seriously anymore. Andrea killed a dozen in a day after running miles with a tiny knife. They barely slow the Governor down. All you need is a big windchime and a deep pit...

I think Woodbury ends being overrun by a horde lured there by a crazed Milton gone all reverse pied pipery.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:17 PM by Scockery »

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 18, 2013, 06:58 AM »
I was sorely disappointed in that episode last night.  There was tons of tension, but I felt it didn't lead anywhere.  I didn't think this episode did much to drive the plot, except to show the lack of total loyalty within Woodbury.  That was displayed by very subtle stuff.  All in all, this was by far my least favorite episode of this season, and probably one of the "worst" of the entire series.  I just can't stress enough how I felt last night was just a wasted, filler episode that could have possibly been combined with last week in an effort to move things along.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 18, 2013, 09:33 AM »
All I know is I've never rooted harder for two TV characters to get together in a non-sexual way than Rick and Tyreese. You guys need each other in the worst possible way. PLEASE Walking Dead writers throw us a bone and let them become BFF's like in the comic!

I thought and thought last night about how they could have the town barricaded all the way around, and unless Woodbury is just one block, which I'm sure it is not, it is just not plausible that Andrea could not have found an easier way to slip out unnoticed.

I mean, Milton STEALS A FREAKING TRUCK! And takes the time to load it up with large, heavy gas tanks! And apparently has no problem driving out and getting back in complete secrecy. Huh?

(ps - Laurie confirmed it was him on Talking Dead, as this was pretty obvious)

And yeah, the Andrea-napping was pretty sad at the edge of the prison and all, but damn, they must have taken a page from the LOST writers How-To book: Chapter 3: EVERY CHARACTER IS AN EXPERT TRACKER.

I really was expecting for a nice reveal at the end there where Phillip takes off his trenchcoat and is covered in scratches and bites, but I guess that would sap too much suspense.

I'm liking what we are seeing out of Milton, but Martinez I guess is right back to being an ahole. After all that smoke break bonding with Daryll he's all like whatever, let's load up some biters.

I AM looking forward to seeing that annoying jackass that has the beef with Tyreese die. What a tool.

Melted walker pile was cool, as was Shovel-Face walker. Glad they keep giving us the gratuitous gore-kills because that is my favorite part of the show easily.

I LOVED the Preview scene from next week they showed on Talking Dead afterwards with Merle slapping Rick with a nice reality check on the idea of handing Michonne over. Gotta love the bayonet-handed racist as the voice of reason. Expecting more out of these last two episodes, although I am already preparing to be severely disappointed if they don't kill Phillip this season.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:34 AM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #816 on: March 18, 2013, 10:08 AM »
That was just a bad, ridiculous episode.  Predictable.  Poorly written.  Tyreese replies to the Governor with "Come again?"  All of a sudden he's British?  The Governor used teleportation to get Andrea from the edge of the prison into his torture room silently, I guess.  Logic for just about everything was thrown out the window.  I guess the zombies all of a sudden think "I don't want the fresh meat behind the door... I'll take the fresh meat across the room!"
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 18, 2013, 12:00 PM »
Does anybody like any of the TV shows they watch?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #818 on: March 18, 2013, 12:01 PM »
I love this show whenever it doesn't suck.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 18, 2013, 12:03 PM »
I should just stay away from this thread. All I can do is laugh when the posts are all about how unrealistic each thing that happened was.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 18, 2013, 01:00 PM »
Does anybody like any of the TV shows they watch?

No. Why would people watch something they like? Ridiculous.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 18, 2013, 01:13 PM »
LOL, my grandpa used to always say "them they don't razz, ain't worth it."

This really is one of the best things on TV, and I think most of us who post here do love it, but for whatever reason it's difficult to resist nitpicking. The show is so drenched in realism (basic premise aside) that some of the least little things can be sort of distracting. But I think it's all done in the spirit of love. :)

People did the same thing with Lost when that was in its heyday. I think anything that has a strong cult-like appeal sort of invites a more critical reacton. And I don't mean critical as in "negative" just critical in the sense that people are more engaged and likely to notice things that seem odd or out of place or otherwise don't quite ring true.

If there was a thread for something as terrible as "The Following" for example, it would probably not elicit the same kind of reaction, despite being exponentially more implausible and aggravating for its non-sensical writing.

I think we're missing former show-runner Mazzarra a little bit at this point now too, as far as WD goes...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #822 on: March 18, 2013, 02:23 PM »
I gave up on The Following after about 4 episodes.  I was amazed it's doing as well as it is, to the point of it getting renewed.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 18, 2013, 03:17 PM »
I don't get all the complaining about last night's episode.  I guess the more people enjoy something, the more they have the right to nitpick though.

Anyways, I like how it's not following the book in some ways.  It keeps people like me guessing at what's going to happen next.  And last night was one of the better episodes in a while, in my opinion.  It showed how Andrea has finally come around, but getting back to her people isn't just the snap of a finger.  She's refused for too long to accept the Governor for what he really is.  And now her nightmare is about to begin.

The only real complaint that I have right now is I want Tyrese to figure things out (I assume he will - and that Milton will be the one to show him where Andrea is) -- and I'm afraid that the prison setting is going to merge into Season 4.  I'd prefer for it to end this season with them leaving the prison, but I don't see that happening with just two episodes left.  Who knows, I could be wrong.  But either way, this is by far the coolest thing on TV right now in my opinion.  Hoping for a great ending to this season.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 18, 2013, 03:28 PM »
We watch the Following, but really what else is on Mondays? The Bachelor?? Revolution is supposed to be coming back on, but what is that minus the hot chick?

Anyway, the whole time last night I was just wondering what was hapening back at the prison.