Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558025 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #900 on: April 4, 2013, 03:27 PM »
With Andrea demise the show's T&A percentage has dropped dramatically. Lori is kinda cute, and well Beth is being played by an adult so maybe it is possible we see more. But still I don't see those two stepping up to do the soft moonlight buttocks scenes. Producers if you are listening we need more T&A next season!

Nah, Karen is hotter than Andrea and in typical WD fashion, they simply replace the profile with a new character.  Black guy dies, enter new black guy.  Wise old guy dies, enter new wise old guy.  Hot chick dies, enter new hot chick.  Allows them to make every minute serious because a core character could die, but the group dynamic is fairly static all things considered.

I thought the finale was great.  Did not see Andrea dying and did not see the Gov killing all his people.  What a fantastic turn of events.  I thought the attack on the prison was dead on and its ridiculous to think Rick & co. would move to Woodbury, not knowing the fortifications or having the manpower to defend it.  They hold out at the prison till supplies dry up (which they already eluded to), then be forced to move on or starve. 

The only question I had was when Tyreese was coming to relieve Sasha.  Then he changes his mind and tells her to wait a little longer...where did he go?  I thought this was  Tyreese going to save Andrea, but I don't think they ever showed where he went, did they?  Maybe it was irrelevant or maybe it will come up next season, but I thought that was odd.  I also wonder if Tyreese or Sasha maybe burned the Woodbury Zombies instead of Milton - maybe Milton just let them out the gate.  Would be an interesting turn to take. 

I can't wait for Season 4 - ugh!
« Last Edit: April 6, 2013, 10:44 AM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 5, 2013, 09:52 PM »
The only question I had was when Tyreese was coming to relieve Sasha.  Then he changes his mind and tells her to wait a little longer...where did he go?  I thought this was  Tyreese going to save Andrea, but I don't think they ever showed where he went, did they?  Maybe it was irrelevant or maybe it will come up next season, but I thought that was odd.  I also wonder if Tyreese or Sasha maybe burned the Woodbury Zombies instead of Milton - maybe Milton just let them out the gate.  Would be an interesting turn to take. 

I was also expecting Tyrese to save Andrea, and was bummed it didn't happen. According to Dallas Roberts, the actor who played Milton, parts of the episode were reshot. Originally Milton was shot by the Governor, we would have seen zombie-Milton attack Andrea, and Tyrese would have been the only one to find the carnage. I guess Tyrese's "I'm going somewhere" line was left due to sloppy editing. There are some pics floating around of the original version of the scene/episode. In the old version Milton was wearing glasses, like the pic below:

« Last Edit: April 5, 2013, 09:52 PM by Greg »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 8, 2013, 05:36 PM »
Three cast members promoted to "Regulars"

Who is "Sasha"? That lady with Tyreese? Is she his sister or love interest? I never really got that.

This is the part I liked: In addition, Melissa Ponzio, who appeared in four episodes of the series this year as Karen, will return for Season 4 as a recurring character.

She is really, really cute IMO. She could fill in well for Andrea.

I like her as well - and unless I'm mistaken, she had a role in the comic at the end of the prison battle and pulled the trigger on a certain character.  Could be a different chick, but I think it's supposed to be the same one as Lilly Caul from the comics, just with a different name.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 16, 2013, 02:00 PM »
The inevitable spin-off is coming in 2015. Suprised it took them this long.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/amc-developing-walking-dead-spin-off-152036717.html

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 16, 2013, 02:13 PM »
The inevitable spin-off is coming in 2015. Suprised it took them this long.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/amc-developing-walking-dead-spin-off-152036717.html

Yeah, it was inevitable with Breaking Bad and Mad Men going off the air.

I think this has a lot of potential promise if done well. The best thing will be that they won't be constrained by the events in the comic, it will be completely uncharted territory and spoiler-free.

And maybe they will finally have some storylines related to how this all began because it still bugs me that there is that huge blind spot.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 16, 2013, 11:30 PM »
Awesome news.  I hope they run it off season, so we have some WD all year around.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #906 on: September 20, 2013, 01:54 AM »
I think it will be cool to see a story not tied to the comic.  That would give them a lot more freedom (even though they've diverted drastically from the comic storyline).

And what's this talk about Mad Men ending next year?  I hadn't heard that.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: September 20, 2013, 09:24 AM »

And what's this talk about Mad Men ending next year?  I hadn't heard that.

Yes, the seventh season of Mad Men will be its last.  But, like with Breaking Bad, they will be splitting the season over two years.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: September 20, 2013, 05:52 PM »
I think it's great news.  If done in the same manner as the webisodes, I welcome it!
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: September 21, 2013, 01:16 AM »
I have a theory that the end of Breaking Bad is actually the beginning of The Walking dead.  Todd has screwed up the blue Meth formula and it's actually causing the zombie apocalypse...Walt returns and purchases the M-60 to try and stop it.  :)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: September 21, 2013, 12:47 PM »
I have a theory that the end of Breaking Bad is actually the beginning of The Walking dead.  Todd has screwed up the blue Meth formula and it's actually causing the zombie apocalypse...Walt returns and purchases the M-60 to try and stop it.  :)

this
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: September 21, 2013, 01:33 PM »
Awesome news.  I hope they run it off season, so we have some WD all year around.

I think Kirkman indicated whatever story they go with won't be tied to the comics, so I'm kinda hoping they go with either a concurrent story from maybe a military or civilian/Medical POV as well as try to show other locations either in US or worldwide of the zombie/walker apocalypse. Just hope they don't do a "Lost" style of story telling with Flashbacks/Flash-sideways as they called them; that just makes things too confusing. And I agree if they can air it over the summer to fill in the gaps between the Fall/Spring break up format that would be good!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: September 22, 2013, 01:26 AM »
If they keep to the types of flashbacks we've had in the original Walking Dead, I'd be fine with that.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: September 22, 2013, 10:54 AM »
If they keep to the types of flashbacks we've had in the original Walking Dead, I'd be fine with that.

+1  I think Lost got confusing towards the end of the story because of the time travel and multiple times people were on and off the island, but I love the first few years of flashing back to who the characters were before the crash.  I'd love to see more of that in a new show.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: September 22, 2013, 12:28 PM »

+1  I think Lost got confusing towards the end of the story because of the time travel and multiple times people were on and off the island, but I love the first few years of flashing back to who the characters were before the crash.  I'd love to see more of that in a new show.

True, done right the flashbacks can provide awesome insight into a character, their past lives, motivations etc. I just hope they can focus on the quality of the story, character development as seen in season 1. I know they have a budget and make up fx, tons of 'walker - extras' other special fx cast money and they have a certain amount tied up in salaries - Andrew Licoln, Norman Reedus probably get the most with maybe Steven and Lauren getting recognition as up-and-coming stars.
They film the Prison on the Production lot in Senoia, GA so other location shoots take up some budget.  Let's hope they continue to tell interesting stories for a long time to come!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"