Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556421 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #990 on: October 29, 2013, 08:43 PM »
In the zombie apocalypse, there's no excuse for slick hands.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 30, 2013, 10:07 AM »
In the zombie apocalypse, there's no excuse for slick hands.

In her additional defense, I would say it's been a while since she's had to kill a freshly reanimated corpse.  Maybe she's gotten used to spongey skulls.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 3, 2013, 03:32 PM »
now let's see who lives and who dies; can the search team of michonne, daryl, bob and tyreese get the meds - if there any still any left? Will hershels' elderberry drink help those who aren't too sick eventhough he himself is most definitely infected. will the walkers finally push over one of the fences or will more of them get partially shredded on the fence?
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 3, 2013, 11:26 PM »
Will antibiotics work against a flu? NO. (okay, they haven't said what the illness is.)

Will everyone Rick meets die? Is he to people what Bob is to groups?

Does Carol base her decisions on horror movies? "Split up, cover more ground."

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 4, 2013, 06:59 AM »
I thought last nights episode was great.  It's amazing to me how going into four seasons they can still develop a character even more.  Rick, needless to say has been a wild ride and will continue to be after last night.

Darryl, I don't even know what to say.  His character continues to grow deeper and deeper.  As for Carol, I'll be interested to see what happens to her, how Darryl and the group react, and it affects everyone else.  Part of me says Rick made the right decision for Carol.  She would get killed as soon as people find out what she did.  I think even Darryl would be a little pissed about her.  I'm basing that on how he handled the alcoholic and what he said about making friends and trusting them.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 4, 2013, 11:09 AM »
Great episode. Rick TOTALLY saved Carol, that was an act of mercy. I think it was great that he never even entertained the idea of not telling everyone what went down. Keep the group strong. Carol's downfall was exactly what she tried to accuse Rick of - making decisions for the group. She could have easily gone to the Council and explained her rationale befoer kiloing Karen and David. But her whole end-around philosophy is not going to work in a group where trust is paramount right now.

I did not catch her interview on Talking Dead, but I am certain we will see her again. Hopefully not rolling up to the prison in a big-ass tank with the Gov. She didn't exactly put up much a fight as far as getting banished. (Loved how she told Rick she would "handle" Tyreese, sure you would) It seemed like she and Rick sort of arrived at a mutual understanding there at the end.

And what else could he have done really? This really was the ideal solution. You can't try to lie or cover it up, you can't let her stay there after what happened, and you can't just let Tyreese kill her without a lot of bad blood lingering. He took the best option, ultimately IMO.

So how did those two doofuses ever survive that long? I continue to be surprised when they encounter people who seem relatively normal. At this point I feel like everyone scrounging around out on their own would be pretty bad off, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, etc. Good thing dude left the keys in his car.

I don't think I fully grasped the Bob/Darryl beef. Was he pissed that Bob only took the bottle and no meds? Or that he took the bottle at all? I thought Michonne was carrying all the meds they collected. I can't believe Darryl didn't take that bottle and throw it off the roof and tell him to go get it.

Are we supposed to forget that someone was feeding the walkers rats? I keep waiting for them to get back to that.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 4, 2013, 12:34 PM »
Good new people...and now their gone....

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 4, 2013, 12:41 PM »
Darryl was pissed that Bob risked his life and theirs for the bag that only had booze in it, instead of just letting it go. Michonne had the meds.

The bleeding eye walkers are like a new video game level..."can't kill them, risk infection". 

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #998 on: November 4, 2013, 12:42 PM »
Good new people...and now their gone....

Their gone what?

Carol went full-on cold-blooded.  I was half expecting Rick to put her down for her crimes. 
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 4, 2013, 01:15 PM »
Darryl was pissed that Bob risked his life and theirs for the bag that only had booze in it, instead of just letting it go. Michonne had the meds.

Thanks, that was pretty much what I surmised, was just worried I had missed something.

Also got confused on why it was such a cluster**** getting out of the Vet school. Why didn't they just go back the way they came?

BTW, Chris Jericho >>> Marilyn Manson
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: November 4, 2013, 01:52 PM »

Also got confused on why it was such a cluster**** getting out of the Vet school. Why didn't they just go back the way they came?

I was wondering that, too. It's not like they were familiar with the place.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 5, 2013, 11:02 PM »
What I don't understand is why didn't the group take ALL of the meds? I mean, you never know what could happen, might as well be prepared, especially if there are all sorts of pills there.

As for that random couple, something's up. The leg was a little too cleanly cut, and homeboy just vanished...

Carol's not gone, a least I don't think she is. She's become too much of a badass and too major of a character to just write off like that. Maybe she comes into contact with our good friend Phillip?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 5, 2013, 11:56 PM »
I don't know if anything is up with the couple, like the hermit in the cabin from season 3 and woman in the woods with Rick...just another oddball encounter with people who survived until they unfortunately met Rick Grimes.  :(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1003 on: November 6, 2013, 02:18 AM »
I loved the episode too...  But I agree with some points brought up.

Why not leave the vet school the same way?  Really odd situation.  I read a synopsis online that stated that their old path was blocked, but I don't recall a mention or visual of that...  One can assume it I guess, but still it's weird and I just don't recall them saying or showing that at all.

What are the odds that shop just happened to have a battery on the rack for that van?  That's possible but also not likely.  It's also not likely that you'll fix it that easily after it's sat for 2 years without the fluids in it (they were really REALLY filling those).

Totally agree on the meds too...  Why leave any?  What might you need down the road? 

Agree on the kids...  Really?  These two manage?  I'd think the fat guy on a hove-a-round with a neck like a pack of hotdogs would have a greater chance of survival than these two nudniks but stranger things have happened I guess.  There was a sort of implication that they "sneak" around more than engage zombies.  Kind of like Glen used to do things.

Jerricho, definitely...  What a disaster that was last week, but Jerricho this week should sit in EVERY week.  Dude dominated, and thinks stuff out to logical conclusions.  I dug him.  No clue who the girl was but she can sit around looking cute too I guess, but Jerricho even acknowledging last week's debacle was just great on his part too.

Carol, they were gushing over her on TD, and personally I think it was misplaced praise...

Carol DID F up by ignoring Rick and going out to clean the hose line.  Rick saved her.  She'd be dead without him risking his life to fix her going "Shane Mode" there.

Carol DID F up by killing Karen and Decatur Dave...  And again, her ****** decision changed nothing and made a bad situation worse by pitting herself against Tyrese and forcing Rick to choose what to do there.

Carol DID F up the kids...  2 new people, idiots as they were and relatively useless it seemed (except for laboring back at camp) were killed because, once again, Carol went "Shane Mode" on Rick and overrode him right in front of them.  They'd said they needed to pop off 5 rounds to bring down a walker.  They didn't have a knife on them it seemed.  And the girl had a spooky foot.  You can't have spooky foots in the zombie apocalypse.

That's 3 major flubs by Carol right there...  but on Talking Dead they're saying how she's become a better leader than Rick...  Oh REALLY?  ::)  Yeah, no.  She's making decisions coldly, but she's clearly making the wrong ones routinely.  That's a bad leader.  Shane was a better leader.  Seriously.

Being cold and indifferent can be good, when you need to be.  But Carol I think fancied herself far tougher than she actually is...  Like McMetal said, she's saying, "I'll handle Tyrese".  Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhttttt...  with your slippery fingers on your machete?

I went from being a Carol fan to sort of not liking her anymore this past episode.

At least Rick sent her off in what appeared to be a nice sensible Ford wagon.

So at the end of the day, besides the Carol praise on TD, and a couple questionable (but possible I guess) plot holes, I liked the episode a ton... 

Oh and yeah I'll reiterate the Bob thing...  Darryl/Bob talked about his demons and Darryl pats him on the back, only to have Darryl, Tyrese, and Michone have to save Bob because he's hanging onto a half-drunk bottle of Old Crow like he's Elsa and it's the Holy Grail about to cross the seal (Matt will hate that reference).

Bob f'd up.  And needed to fill that with some of those friggin' meds they left behind!

And man those traps would be awesome to have too...  Cages up in trees just out of zombie reach with rats?  You'd have a great barrier in the forest around the prison if you did a bunch of those up.

A totally side gripe about the series overall is the mechanical inaccuracies...  I brought it up a little with the battery "luck" and seemingly easy fix there, but gasoline goes bad when it sits and it had sat in that van for some time...  That alone, it can be tough to turn a car over that's sat after 2 years, much less modern ones with fuel injection and stuff.  That's why things like Sea Foam and Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner works...  Bad gas can easily stall any car out.  They have gas to spare at times it seems though too...  Again that seems off.

Bio Diesel I'd buy...  But not all the gas they're coming up with.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2013, 02:21 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 6, 2013, 09:02 AM »
A totally side gripe about the series overall is the mechanical inaccuracies...  I brought it up a little with the battery "luck" and seemingly easy fix there, but gasoline goes bad when it sits and it had sat in that van for some time...  That alone, it can be tough to turn a car over that's sat after 2 years, much less modern ones with fuel injection and stuff.  That's why things like Sea Foam and Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner works...  Bad gas can easily stall any car out.  They have gas to spare at times it seems though too...  Again that seems off.

Bio Diesel I'd buy...  But not all the gas they're coming up with.

The gas thing (and also just overall shelf life of stuff) has bothered me slightly. I think Rick mentioned expiration dates on medications, so at least they haven't ignored that aspect totally. It has been two years or so in story-time, so hopefully the group will have to get more creative. Michonne has the right idea with a horse.