Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556380 times)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1065 on: November 17, 2013, 10:55 PM »
For once, the slow pace didn't bother me.  I've enjoyed pretty most all of this season.

I can't stand the Governor, but I like that they brought an element of humanity to the guy and it didn't seem like it was forced.  It actually seemed like he cared.  Of course, there is no telling what will end up happening to the little girl he's "adopted." 

Good episode all the way around IMO.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:30 PM by Chris M »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: November 18, 2013, 12:17 AM »
Also starring David Morrissey as Snake Plisskin.

Mostly predictable episode once he meets the family.

Except...I did not expect part two.

That maybe leaves us with one episode with Rick and Co. before the mid-season break.

I'd have stayed where's there is pepperoni sticks and a safe place to sleep.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: November 18, 2013, 12:27 AM »
I LOVED tonight's episode, and I've been kinda bored with the season so far too. It feels weird seeing the Governor in a sympathetic role after everything we've seen so far but I think they did it well.

Still trying to piece together how he gets outside of the prison at the last episode. Obviously some **** goes down between that scene and the end of tonight's episode, with this new family appearing to be under control of Governor's old sidekick.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1068 on: November 18, 2013, 12:50 AM »
I enjoyed the episode, and I'm a bit surprised they're taking it to a second week.  I'm actually shocked those three girls lived as long as they did on their own.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1069 on: November 18, 2013, 09:39 AM »
All I could think last night after the episode was over was "Geez - the guys on JD were complaining that it'd be a whole episode dedicated to the Governor... they're gonna go ballistic now that it's TWO!"   ;D

The episode was fine.  I suppose you could survive on pepperoni and spaghetti-os for a long time as long as you could track down water.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 18, 2013, 09:55 AM »
Am I the only one who liked the storyline, but HATED the performances?  All four of those in the apartment were awful.  It was like watching a high school play.

Also, how the hell is it that "I'm a badass" sister kept going back upstairs to shoot walkers and never thought to experiment with a headshot.  The first time, sure.  The second time I would think you would just intuitively try a shot to the head.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 09:56 AM by name »
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1071 on: November 18, 2013, 10:02 AM »
She's a chick who failed out of the academy... probably not that bright or a good shot.   ;)
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: November 18, 2013, 12:59 PM »
I generally don't mind the slower paced episodes but this one really dragged, IMO. Mostly because of Phillip himself. All the brooding, no talking, it got tiresome.

Props for making the guy seem a little less psychopathically demonic, but if you are expecting the audience to buy some sort of half assed redemption story you can forget it. This is not Merle.

I was suprised Martinez and the other guy ditched him, but that was classic.

I didn't really get pouring out the spaghettios either, but in retrospect probably a smart move. If you meet new people in the zombie apocalypse, and they offer to feed you right off the bat, there is probably a high probability of poison and/or roofies. Stick with the sardines.

Leaving was just plain silly though. "Who needs all these comfortable beds and toilets?" They could have cleared that building easily enough. WTF do they think they are going to find? Phillip at least should have known better.

End of the world or not, getting freaky in the back of the van with a little kid sleeping right next to you is just plain disgusting. Like it's so hard to sneak away, sheesh. Even Shane and Lori never stopped that low.

I was surprised this merited a second episode as well, but clearly some bad stuff has to happen for him to have any interest in going back to that prison.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: November 18, 2013, 01:11 PM »
Really liked the episode. I appreciate it's not just "The Govenor is back to shoot up the prison again". That to me would have been boring.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1074 on: November 18, 2013, 01:24 PM »
I didn't really get pouring out the spaghettios either, but in retrospect probably a smart move. If you meet new people in the zombie apocalypse, and they offer to feed you right off the bat, there is probably a high probability of poison and/or roofies. Stick with the sardines.

It's not that The Governor thought they were laced with something, it's just that he's kind of a foodie and only likes the real thing.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: November 18, 2013, 06:43 PM »
I liked it eventhough it was a slower pace. it was maybe a tad too slow but I appreciate the honest attempt at story telling character development. wasn't perfect but it didn't suk either.
I had a feeling he'd take to the little girl as a replacement for his daughter thought I was surprised her mother decided, hey what they hay he's the first man to come around in a long time and it also seemed like the sister almost a cop plays for the girls team so someone had to get funky with the monkey.
But the end with the Gov rescuing the girl in the walker pit and martinez showing up with a genuine WTF look on his face was great!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 18, 2013, 08:54 PM »
The lie that was the truth, "I'm a pirate."

Also, I didn't think about it until the next day, but this episode fits into the "Do you get to come back?"
from the season opener.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 18, 2013, 09:55 PM »
good point, does the Gov get to come back from the edge of psychotic vengence!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 19, 2013, 09:31 AM »
Did anyone else think the Mom looked an awful lot like Maggie? Maybe it was the unflattering post-apocalype hair style but that seemed intentional almost.

Forgot to mention the highlight of Talking Dead - Hardwick busting out the Governor action figure! Although it might have been nice to note they are also available at Walgreen's, Toys R Us, etc and not just pimp the AMC website.

Morrissey was good though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 19, 2013, 12:28 PM »
I noticed that about the mom too. I pulled up IMDB to see if somehow it was the same person.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.