Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556356 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1380 on: March 26, 2014, 10:58 PM »
That's because you're evil though.  I guess one of my rifle scopes is technically a long distance monocle.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1381 on: March 27, 2014, 06:49 AM »
"You look like you been on the road a while.  Let's get fix you a plate"  Cannibals - fatten them up a bit.  Maybe all of the food at the mortuary was a trap/way to fatten them up before dining on them.  Just floating a theory.........

Fattening people up to eat them would be stupid.  If you have food it'd be far more efficient to eat it.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: March 27, 2014, 07:21 AM »
I'm with you.  It's not like you have a few candy bars and some soda and boom, instant fat anyway.  The cannibals wouldn't benefit from this in such a short period of time. I'm still not convinced the black car was Terminus.  Their game seems to be wait for survivors, not go kidnap them.  Maybe they had to resort to this because pickings have been slim?  I still can't get over the lack of security.  A rival group or pack of zombies could walk right in on that place.  And where the hell is everyone? Maggie and company need to be way more on guard.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1383 on: March 27, 2014, 11:47 AM »
Looking at us being at the end, my 3 most likely to die characters are:

-Carol
-Beth
-Bob

I have a different reasoning on each one...  I'll probably be wrong because other than Herschel I haven't guessed much right.

I'll give you Bob (he seems pretty expendable), and maybe even Beth (although I think she's probably safe), but you really think they'd kill off Carol in the finale? After that last episode she was in, and with whatever issues between her and Rick, and her and Daryl? She's become a fairly-interesting character, and I think they have more stuff for her to do in the future.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1384 on: March 27, 2014, 01:36 PM »
You're right.  Only George R.R. Martin kills off characters just when they're getting interesting.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1385 on: March 27, 2014, 01:50 PM »
If it makes you feel any better Jesse, I have a monocle packed in my bug-out bag.

I laughed for 5 full minutes at this one...thanks!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: March 27, 2014, 04:42 PM »
"You look like you been on the road a while.  Let's get fix you a plate"  Cannibals - fatten them up a bit.  Maybe all of the food at the mortuary was a trap/way to fatten them up before dining on them.  Just floating a theory.........

Fattening people up to eat them would be stupid.  If you have food it'd be far more efficient to eat it.

I was thinking more along the line of ritualistic/psychotic as opposed to Plane-Crash-in-the-Andes-type-situation.......
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: March 27, 2014, 05:29 PM »
I was thinking about this earlier...I wonder if cannibals would/could survive in the zombie apocalypse.  They've complicated things by saying everyone's already infected.  Obviously if you eat someone who was bitten, the virus is in accelerated mode and could turn you into a zombie via digestion.  But if the virus automatically accelerates once someone is dead, would it also accelerate within the body parts that are chopped off?  At the very least I think you would need to keep the host alive for as long as possible to prevent an acceleration in any of the pieces you eat.  And I certainly wouldn't trust cooking the meat to kill off the virus.  Seems like a very risky and unlikely way to survive - rituals or not.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1388 on: March 27, 2014, 06:19 PM »
That's actually WHY I find the concept of offing Carol to be interesting, Matt...  She's just getting interesting, her main issue (Tyrese) is wrapped up now...  She has some Rick/Darryl ties too of course, but I could see them dumping Carol, maybe at the hands of the bikers?  Another reason for Darryl to turn on them.

Bob I hate saying him because he's boring, but he just seems likely.|

Beth, I kind of have the same rationale as Carol, where she just got interesting and boom, she's dead.  Kind of similar impact on Darryl mentally.  I dunno.

Not sure who else...  I keep thinking Maggie or Glenn, more to the Maggie side, but I picked my three and I'm sticking with them.  I'm sure I'm wrong though, yeah.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1389 on: March 27, 2014, 08:03 PM »
I've got a gut feeling that Carol and Tyreese will be the deus ex machina of this episode. They'll show up out of the blue to save someone's ass.

And I wouldn't be all that surprised if Michonne bites it. The way they've been playing up the bond between her and Carl this season, it seems like maybe they're setting her up for a really shocking death to get people talking.

Eh, I don't really care who dies as long as Maggie isn't one of them. Which means she's probably good as gone.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1390 on: March 27, 2014, 08:31 PM »
I've felt like Michonne's not been played up much as the grand character she's supposed to be.  So that's the only thing that keeps me from picking her.

I could see the Carol/Tyrese saving someone angle though because by my estimation they're behind EVERYONE else at this point. (Maggie/Glen group at Terminus, Rick/Michonne/Carl behind them, Bikers/Darryl behind them, Carol/Tyrese behind them).

Wonder what happened to those other kids at the prison that were with Lizzie and her sister?  They ran back into the prison iirc?  That's something nobody really has acknowledged at all.  Just assume they're toast.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: March 27, 2014, 10:53 PM »
That's actually WHY I find the concept of offing Carol to be interesting, Matt...  She's just getting interesting, her main issue (Tyrese) is wrapped up now...  She has some Rick/Darryl ties too of course, but I could see them dumping Carol, maybe at the hands of the bikers?  Another reason for Darryl to turn on them.

It could be the ultimate Shipper moment.  Daryl and the d'bag gang head into Terminus, Daryl spots Carol and yells "Claimed!"   ;D
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: March 28, 2014, 04:12 PM »
I don't want to do this, and I won't even say it out loud, but.......

N----!

Or at least something related to him.

I know it's way too early and I'm not right, but I have my reasons for thinking it.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 04:12 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: March 28, 2014, 06:32 PM »
Beth and Daryl were getting too chummy. I think she bites it.

Tasha Yar screams cult to me. My guess is the Terminus group rounds up wandering walkers as food. Also explains why there aren't zombies and why the gates aren't securely closed or guarded.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: March 28, 2014, 08:07 PM »
I don't want to do this, and I won't even say it out loud, but.......

N----!

Or at least something related to him.

I know it's way too early and I'm not right, but I have my reasons for thinking it.

Are you thinking this is the Hilltop?  I don't think they've caught that far up yet.