Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556433 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1395 on: March 30, 2014, 03:07 AM »
There was a storyline in the comics called "The Hunters", which I thought would be too disturbing for the tv show.  After the whole Lizzie story, I think they could pull it off.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: March 30, 2014, 10:59 AM »
well they did minimize the brutality of what the Gov did to Michonne in the comics vs Maggie on the show and what Michonne did to the Gov. But they do show a lot of brutality and violence so who knows for sure. One recent article with andrew lincoln suggests tonight's finale will have a level of 'darkness' about it the show hasn't gone to yet...
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 30, 2014, 01:14 PM »
There was a storyline in the comics called "The Hunters", which I thought would be too disturbing for the tv show.  After the whole Lizzie story, I think they could pull it off.

I think that storyline is pretty tame versus what we have seen so far.  The Woodbury arena, heads in aquariums,  Herschel's death were all far more disturbing for me.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 30, 2014, 01:48 PM »

I think that storyline is pretty tame versus what we have seen so far.  The Woodbury arena, heads in aquariums,  Herschel's death were all far more disturbing for me.
and the whole lizzie deal was very disturbing
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 30, 2014, 02:04 PM »
Way too early for N---- and the Hilltop crew. They only just got out from the shadow of the Governor this season, it's too soon to introduce another singular uber villain from the same vein. I'm sure they'll get there eventually but they have a lot of ground to cover, both literally and figuratively, first.

Not sure what would push Rick to the breaking point tonight as teased...somehow I still feel worried for Judith. Happy reunion turned tragic?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1400 on: March 30, 2014, 06:49 PM »
I still think this season has been a bore and the high point was offing Lizzie. I hope for some type of brutal ending tonight.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: March 30, 2014, 08:02 PM »
My guide on my directv says Andrew Lincoln is on Talking Dead tonight.........

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: March 30, 2014, 08:15 PM »
that is correct - for the first time andrew lincoln will be on the talking dead after show along with showrunner scott gimple
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: March 30, 2014, 08:42 PM »
Yep - that was announced on last weeks episode of TD
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #1404 on: March 30, 2014, 09:04 PM »
Dawn of the Apes preview...  8)

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 30, 2014, 10:39 PM »
Carol will come to the rescue by having all the members of Terminus look at the pretty flowers

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #1406 on: March 30, 2014, 11:48 PM »
That BBQ looks epic.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1407 on: March 31, 2014, 02:17 AM »
Is it October yet?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: March 31, 2014, 05:50 AM »
Another awesome episode, ending the season on a high note. So many unanswered questions though, mainly where are Beth and Carol/Tyreese.

How AWESOME was Rick biting that dude? That entire scene honestly creeped me out much more than Carol shooting psycho girl. Those guys were around one episode, but their deaths were just as satisfying as Governor's.

I was surprised at all the little things I caught during the episode. Pile of human remains that Rick and co. ran by right before they went into that tribute room, and Apple Store Employee saying something about "joining together makes us stronger" when distributing the food. Cannibals confirmed. Also the discussion about the Rabbit trap foreshadowing Terminus. Oh, and the Terminus people calling Rick and co. by nicknames. Goes back to earlier when Rick told Carl not to name the pigs since they'd have to eat them eventually.

And I guess there were other people in those train cars yelling for help? I assumed it was Glenn/Maggie/etc.

Oh and what was up with that doofus who got swarmed by those Zombies in the woods? How did he last that long? I mean he had at least a few minutes to, ya know, run away from that hoard in just about any direction instead of standing there like an idiot swinging his stick in a circle.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 31, 2014, 08:42 AM »
I think I felt about last night's episode the same way I felt about the season. Great episode. Great character development.

Joe thing was awesome. Haven't reached that scene's equivalent in the comics yet. Thought the Rick (and others) coming to terms with the fact that it is ok to be able to do what they are capable of doing now in this world was great. It may feel evil, but if it's to protect the ones you love then it is Ok. Doesn't make them a monster.

All that being said, my gut feeling is not enough happened this season. Can't totally explain why I feel that, but I do. Would have liked a little more info on Terminus with all the build up to the finale too.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within