Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 561356 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1515 on: November 4, 2014, 10:48 AM »
It's actually way more efficient to slaughter them for food immediately than to feed them.  It takes way more food to fatten up someone or even to maintain their weight.  You'd be better off eating that food yourself.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1516 on: November 4, 2014, 06:19 PM »
But they had others trapped (not just the guy who was part of the group that overran them) at the end of the previous season...  It's possible Rick & Co. were further down the line to be slaughtered.  I agree, I don't know that they'd have kept them long term though.  Waste of time, plus they were curing meat by smoking it for long-term saving it...  I think it's reasonable to think they'd leave them in the car for a while, if even to just weaken them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1517 on: November 5, 2014, 03:48 PM »
This past weekends episode was so boring. I guess it is expected after 3 great episodes.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 6, 2014, 09:45 AM »
I hate they are going to the Abraham arc next. I want to see how Rick and Co. rescue Carol and Beth in a hospital with snipers on the roof

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 9, 2014, 10:15 PM »
Was the sound on this episode sketchy for anyone else?  Seemed to be cutting out a bit fairly frequently. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 9, 2014, 10:23 PM »
Was the sound on this episode sketchy for anyone else?  Seemed to be cutting out a bit fairly frequently.
Check the batteries in your hearing aids - see if that helps  :-*
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 9, 2014, 10:34 PM »
Check the batteries in your hearing aids - see if that helps  :-*

:)
« Last Edit: November 9, 2014, 10:35 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 9, 2014, 10:47 PM »
Just as grumpy and lovable as ever!  :) No sound problems here. But I am geeking out over the Carol/Daryl episode next week!
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 9, 2014, 11:05 PM »
First revelation in the show that I have been disappointed to already know from the comic
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1524 on: November 10, 2014, 01:13 AM »

The sound cut out for us during the first segment.  Of course we are watching it here on DirecTv and AMC is in a fight with them over whether or not to air the channel.  So we get a lot of fear advertising which is quite annoying.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: November 10, 2014, 08:54 AM »
Probably my least favorite episode of the season so far. I imagine the people who thought last week's episode was slow probably snoozed right through this one.

I'm glad they finally dropped the other shoe with Eugene...was wondering how long they would string that out. That was quite an ass-whooping he took at the end there!

The firehose slaughter had to be the highlight of the episode though. Man, they just keep finding new, interesting ways to kill zombies. Soggy zombie will be a must for the figure line.

Good episode of TD afterwards too, Eugene noted that his earlier mishap with the gun where he "killed" the truck was indeed intentional. And Abraham gave some helpful, if disturbing, backstory on his flashbacks. (Note to apocalyptic scumbags: you probably don't want to rape the family of the 6 foot tall, muscle bound ex-military guy. I mean, seriously?)

That better not be Beth under the sheet next week. And why does Daryl look all beat up? He wasn't that way when he left with Carol right?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: November 10, 2014, 09:21 AM »
I thought the Beth episode was bad and not because it was boring. Just bad. I enjoyed this episode. Nothing boring about it. Assuming they are going same route with Abraham's back story as they did in the comics (they didn't really officially say that) it was nice to get that in the show now. And adding some development to Eugene was needed. I am a little more pissed with Glenn and Maggie for ditching the rest of the group now. Just seeing them in this episode made me think of that. I enjoyed Rosita and Abraham's interaction.

These episodes where we get more out of the "secondary" characters are needed to keep the show interesting in my opinion. I don't just want to see zombies killed. There are plenty of bad zombie movies out there for  that.

Sorry that was a lot of random thoughts put into one paragraph.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1527 on: November 11, 2014, 04:10 AM »
I'm with you on that Nick...  I thought last week's was bad on a variety of levels.  I thought Beth's acting was meh at points, the premise of that place lasting that long that way, it was off to me somehow.  The courtyard with the cars was overrun but yet still how the police-ish people just come and go at random kidnapping people...  It was a goofy episode, to me.

I thought this week was vastly superior, if nothing else because it was an episode delving heavily into Abraham, and Eugene, which we've seen little of that at all in this show so far.  It got to the root of who they are, and why they are like they are.  I like flashbacks because I like the backstory, and the seeing other groups or other places.

I feel like next week looks a good bit more intense, and I appreciate that, but I appreciated this week a good bit.  Last week, it just didn't work as well.  I'm usually more apprehensive about new people when they're intro'd but those guys just felt like Rick would cook and eat them or something.  I dunno. 

On TD they did say that they were following the comic storyline on Abraham's past, if you're referring to WHY he was killing those guys in the store, Nick.  I hadn't read them so I didn't know any of that till they said it there.

The Abraham/Rosita scene would've been better if character placement were rearranged for it.   :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1528 on: November 14, 2014, 12:53 PM »
This past week was an OK episode. At least it was better than that terrible Beth episode. 

I don't get why Abraham's family would abandon him after killing those guys that raped them. I don't read the comics, anyone has insight into that?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: November 14, 2014, 02:49 PM »
This past week was an OK episode. At least it was better than that terrible Beth episode. 

I don't get why Abraham's family would abandon him after killing those guys that raped them. I don't read the comics, anyone has insight into that?

I wondered about that too. I guess they thought murder was worse than rape? Pretty sure my wife and kids would have been high-fiving me in that situation but whateves...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy