Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 562337 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1530 on: November 15, 2014, 05:53 PM »
Like Cudliff said in TD, that scene was right out of the comics.  Although in the comics, it was Abraham telling Rick what happened instead of showing it.

It was right after Rick ripped a guy's throat out with his teeth...the claimers scene from last season.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: November 16, 2014, 10:32 AM »
This past week was an OK episode. At least it was better than that terrible Beth episode. 

I don't get why Abraham's family would abandon him after killing those guys that raped them. I don't read the comics, anyone has insight into that?

I think actually seeing someone beat multiple people to death with their fists long after they've stopped being a threat might make some people uneasy about what they're capable of.  Might have made more sense if the wife and kids were remotely able to defend themselves from zombies or scavengers, but they literally weren't going to make it 20 feet without Abe. Personally, I want someone like that around when the world turns to crap, but I think that's the gist of what they were trying to sell us.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1532 on: November 16, 2014, 01:01 PM »
Yeah that was how I took that too.  Not to mention they're all traumatized by what happened to them and I figure the mother was just trying to escape this brutality she can't deal with and is stuck in.  Rash decision on her part but she probably was not in a good frame of mind...  It's like Shane and others wanting to leave but Carol wanting to stay to find her daughter who in all likelihood was dead...  Thinking emotionally...  The immediate threats didn't compute.

I often think "what if" about Shane and if he were still with Rick.  I think he'd be Rick's biggest asset,especially with Laurie dead.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: November 16, 2014, 08:04 PM »
A producer said this season was going to be about the journey to Washington. Now with Eugene's lie out, you have to wonder if they would ever leave Georgia now. It seems to have put the state in the spot light.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1534 on: November 16, 2014, 10:43 PM »
Spoiler: Daryl's gonna die. . .

. . .from COPD!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: November 17, 2014, 11:10 AM »
Another slowish episode (the whole segment in the women's shelter was interminable) but CarolDaryl always deliver. Refreshing to seem them in the urban environment too. They did a great job with the sets.

Figured we would see Noah again, now we're pretty much caught up with all the timelines it seems. Ready for Rick and co to get back in action and drop the hammer on Don/Dawn next ep.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1536 on: November 17, 2014, 11:39 AM »
So Rick & Co were only a few hours' drive from Atlanta, still?  And now Abraham is half-a-day north?  They sure haven't covered much ground since Season 1...
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1537 on: November 17, 2014, 07:27 PM »
That actually makes sense.  After they left Hershell's farm, they were basically scavenging around the same county until they found the prison.  And the timeline is that it's only been about two weeks since the prison was destroyed.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: November 17, 2014, 10:39 PM »
Really liked this weeks episode. And I'm really excited about how they are setting up the last two episodes.  Should be awesome.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: November 18, 2014, 12:09 PM »
Anyone notice the tank from S1? 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1540 on: November 18, 2014, 08:59 PM »
I was wondering if it's the same tank, but thought not because that tank seemed to be in an open intersection whereas the S1 tank was in a section of the city surrounded by buildings.  I didn't want to say for sure it was the S1 tank then, but definitely noticed that there was a tank there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: November 23, 2014, 10:24 PM »
What a jumbled mess of a filler episode

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: November 24, 2014, 12:33 AM »
What a jumbled mess of a filler episode

Nicely put!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: November 24, 2014, 12:41 AM »
Any thoughts on Darryl dragging his hand across the walker mouth?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: November 24, 2014, 01:32 AM »
Any thoughts on Darryl dragging his hand across the walker mouth?

I just took that as a "in the moment scare" not a "will we find something out in the future scare"
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within