Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 560557 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1575 on: December 19, 2014, 12:34 PM »
Glenn?  They would never kill Glenn.  Really, Glenn?   :-X
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1576 on: December 20, 2014, 07:08 AM »
Glenn?  They would never kill Glenn.  Really, Glenn?   :-X

NO COMIC SPOILERS!!!! 

(to people considering replying)
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1578 on: January 27, 2015, 11:00 PM »
This may not mean anything.  It all depends on when they schedule filming for each show.

BTW, I heard that the script for the spin-off show leaked online.  Without giving anything major away, the show is called Fear the Walking Dead and is set to take place at the onset of the Zombie Apocalypse.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: January 28, 2015, 01:53 PM »
What's wrong with The Walking Dead Los Angeles"? Like all the CSI's you kow

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: January 28, 2015, 02:59 PM »
What's wrong with The Walking Dead Los Angeles"? Like all the CSI's you kow

Awesome!  Then you can have WD: Miami, WD: New York, WD: Forty

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: February 9, 2015, 09:05 AM »
Well, I so, SO called that one a few weeks back. Still sucks to see [that character] go, although it has seemed clear for awhile now that [his/her] story has been pretty much told. The writing was on the wall when [he/she] was just cast for another show too.

Top 5 places you do not want to space out:

1) Job Interview

2) Public Restroom

3) Performing major surgery on the operating table

3) At the controls of a Malaysian Jet Liner

4) In a house that has not been cleared after the zombie apocalypse

Hurry up and get to Arlington, peeps!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1582 on: February 9, 2015, 03:31 PM »
Yeah it was a neat way they did the whole episode I thought...  The comments on the interwebs are funny.  I don't see how you can be a fan of this show then pitch a conniption over character deaths and call them senseless and claim it's ruining the show.

I mean, good god.  It's called The Walking Dead, not "Everyone's OK In The Zombie Apocalypse".  I never get that line of thought I guess.

I thought it was interesting that it was the whole episode too, and the deception they deployed.  It was well done, if not a little bit of a stand-alone episode kind of.

I've also seen people griping, "Why did they split up!?", which makes me wonder if they even saw the Terminus storyline at all?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1583 on: February 10, 2015, 10:25 AM »
One thing I found interesting was that for each of the Talking Dead promos during Better Call Saul, both the host and the actor were fighting back tears.  The host barely got through the second one - looked like he was ready to break down.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: February 10, 2015, 01:10 PM »
One thing I found interesting was that for each of the Talking Dead promos during Better Call Saul, both the host and the actor were fighting back tears.  The host barely got through the second one - looked like he was ready to break down.

Really? I didn't notice that at all.  The actor especially seemed jolly about the whole thing.  Andrew Lincoln's little goodbye was the only remorse I caught.  I really wasn't a fan of the way they were developing that storyline anyway, so good riddance IMO.  It was the right time to end things. 

Beyond that, I thought the spacing out deal was a pretty lazy kill.  Beth's death was lazy and now this one as well.  Was the catch that in the photos we saw two people, but only one of them was confirmed behind a door?  If so, that wasn't done very well.  I am all for a zombie getting your arm as you reach for a light or falling out of a closet or just rounding the corner, but I think spacing out with zombies all around or a zombie "sneaking up on someone" in a quiet, day lit house is well, just lazy writing.  If the other guy had inadvertently opened a door letting the twins out and someone got bit, fine.  Or next episode, apparently the survivors are weak from lack of supplies - I could live with that if it was remotely touched on for he who shall not be named.  But getting killed for staring off into space is a pretty lame way to go.

Why the hell don't they have boards or bars strapped to their forearms anyway?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1585 on: February 10, 2015, 01:20 PM »
I don't think he was spaced out as much as he was in utter grief.  And I'm guessing the rooms were connected by an open door, so he through the walker was locked up when he wasn't.

What I really enjoyed was the tension after he got bit, because it made every threat after that real.  When Michonne's sword deflected off the metal bar on that walker's shoulder, I thought she might actually get bit.  When they opened the gate, I thought Noah might get bit by the last one through.  When dude's shoe got stuck in the wire, I thought the walker following was going to get Glenn.  Real, palpable tension.  It was open season.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1586 on: February 10, 2015, 08:34 PM »
I agree Bill...  that and all about Tyreese's overall personality.  He wasn't much for the action.  He was capable, but didn't want involved and ultimately distanced himself from that, so I think he lacked some of the experience.

He was focused on Noah, in Noah's home, just seeing Noah's mother and brother, thinking about Sasha perhaps...  plus I think he maybe (and again, lack of experience perhaps) was thinking the one behind the door must be trapped, and didn't think he was in as much danger as he figured.  Perhaps it was a whole other walker too, and he figured they'd accounted for the 3 family in the house (dead 2, and other brother behind the door), so he let his guard down even more?

Walkers do seem awful sneaky though...  For not having coordination and stuff, they sure do just sneak up on folks, routinely.  Outside even, in piles of brush.

It seems like a rarity where a Walker gets someone though, in such a simple manner, but I think it's sort of an inevitability too.  To remind everyone the Walkers are as big a threat as they ever were, and people may be worse, but threats are all around.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1587 on: February 11, 2015, 08:25 AM »
What's really interesting is the walkers get dead silent when they're about to sneak up on you.  Otherwise they're groaning and hissing non-stop.   ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1588 on: February 11, 2015, 08:37 PM »
Maybe only people with previous Ninja experience have a sort of embedded memory in them where they just act of instinct, and slow their breathing, before they eat someone.  :D

You never know who is a ninja, really.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: February 15, 2015, 11:05 PM »
YES! I'M SO ******* EXCITED!!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within