Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 561422 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1620 on: March 9, 2015, 02:59 PM »
Just remember, more often than not these days Jesus is pronounced "Hey Seuss".
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1621 on: March 9, 2015, 08:24 PM »
I enjoyed last night's episode...  I think the group's never gotten out of the post-prison mode where they trust nobody, or anything.  They stupidly wandered into Terminus, maybe in some kind of desperation, and learned an even harder lesson...  So the behavior in Alexandria kind of jives to me.

I like Rick's "F 'em" behavior he has going on...  Carol's become the most interesting character though.

Sasha, eh, she's losing her crap after losing her boyfriend and brother in a fairly short span of time I guess. 

I liked Darryl and Aaron's interaction, especially given Darryl's background.  The fact he's hanging out with the two gay guys is kind of funny in a way but like Aaron said, they're all 3 outcasts in a weird way. 

Rick's really in a Claimer kind of mode, but hey, look what he's done in a relatively short period since The Governor showed up?  He was on the mend, especially after going back to his hometown and seeing what he could become, and then The Governor showed up and things just went from bad, to worse, to way worse, and finally to him doing everything Shane wanted him to more or less.  He is Shane, at this point, if Shane had just offed Rick early on.

The people in Alexandria are really odd though...  I am curious what they want.  Like Rick said, they're either really lucky or really smart and have done something to be this seemingly lucky.  I'm not sure which at this point.  I kept thinking they were maybe wanting Rick and his group for pure protection reasons, but if you were worried about that wouldn't you have a lookout?  Wouldn't you be more cautious when leaving the grounds?  They're neither.  Aaron seems to be the most adept at being out in the wild.  It's really just odd.

If they'd pissed off another group, why so nonchalant?

I'm also curious where people like Tara, Eugene, Gabriel, and to a lesser extent Rosita and Abraham (so little about them so far too) are falling into line.  To that end they've not said much about Glenn or Maggie lately either.  Are they all even aware what Darryl, Carol, and Rick are up to?

Anyway, this has been some of the more weird character development moments...  Clearly Jessie's husband is toast though.  That guy surely isn't going to be signing a long-term rental agreement down in GA.  :-X

Oh, and F that little fat kid.  He's going to get tore up by zombies.  So is the chubby girl who runs storage area.  She never watched Zombieland, I'd say.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 10, 2015, 05:45 PM »
It is amusing that some people who once craved a safe civilized place are actively prepared to move against it, while the loner survivor who never needed anyone is now cool with Alexandria.

Someone noted that the kid stamped Rick with the letter A...in red...while Rick has thoughts about another man's wife.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: March 11, 2015, 12:06 PM »
Someone noted that the kid stamped Rick with the letter A...in red...while Rick has thoughts about another man's wife.

That was me, but I hadn't related it to the Scarlet Letter.  Nice symbolism there!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 11, 2015, 12:38 PM »
It is amusing that some people who once craved a safe civilized place are actively prepared to move against it, while the loner survivor who never needed anyone is now cool with Alexandria.

They don't want to take it in the way the Governor took it over.  They are more interested in securing the place to make it safe from groups like the claimers, the Governor or the termites.  They people in Alexandria are very naïve to the threats out there.  Rick is trying to warn them that people are more of a danger than the walkers, but they don't seem to get it yet.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: March 13, 2015, 10:43 PM »
I started reading some spoilers on this upcoming episode and immediately stopped after a couple of sentences. From what I did see big things are coming this week

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: March 14, 2015, 02:55 PM »
Was on vacation this past week and missed the live airing, which is a real rarity for me. Caught up last night though and it was about what I expected. I figured there would be a few episodes like this, letting things settle before they start building again. I don't want them to rush into the comic storylines too soon, we've only just gotten over the Governor and Terminus at this point.

That scene with Carol and the kid was off the hook...she just broke that poor kid. Dark stuff indeed. I love where her head is at though.

The scene with Rick reaching for the gun was about more than just jealousy I think. I think that was a protective instinct which will play out more and more over the coming weeks. It seems clear to me her husband is very controlling if not abusive. The way he cut her off at the party when getting the drinks, the possessive arm around her after she says hi to Rick, not to mention the way he referred to her last week as "my wife" and not by name. This is not a good guy. (Sucks that he is the only doctor though)

The W brand was definitely interesting. Curious to see where they go there. The Buttons-feast was some pretty quality splatter too. I'm glad they find ways to sneak that kind of brutality into episodes like this. Poor Daryl can't catch a break. He sure loves him some spaghetti though!

The scenes with him and the gay guys were great...sort of typifies what Deanna was talking about at the party, people from different walks of life coming together to form a community. Nice to see him sort of soften up at the end there. Dude needs his chopper back.

I had totally forgotten about Gabriel. I have to wonder about him too. And it's hard to blame Sasha for being disgusted with everything because it really is a bizarre kind of dreamworld those people are living in. Freaking pasta makers?!? Oy vey. Get up on that tower, people!

I was hoping we would get more on that girl and her excursions outside the wall but maybe next week. I think that's who took Rick's gun.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: March 15, 2015, 11:16 PM »
This whole episode was about...cowardice and bravery.
Gabriel shows his true colors. Oh, boy.  The thing is, he's wrong and right...right they could ruin paradise, but wrong because they saved his butt and based on his cowardice, he's probably more dangerous to anyone than they are. They know the truth about him, too, which is definitely what motivated his actions and why he wants them ostracized from Alexandria. Acting out of cowardice again.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:21 PM by Scockery »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 16, 2015, 12:53 AM »
Gah, the Gabriel character is so frustrating. This is the same guy who locked his entire congregation out of his church when everything hit the fan, right? Shouldn't he busy asking for a tetanus booster from stepping on that nail?

Been digging the last few episodes, actually. Great character development. Sad to see Noah go, but it was a gruesome death. Makes Beth's death feel even more pointless though. I was wondering if there would be any consequence at the group letting Deeanna's son die, and after all of the Carol/Noah stuff, now I know. The Ricktatorship showdown should be good. Eugene's balls growing at Grinch-like levels on Christmas Day was awesome, as was Abraham going postal while those worthless goofs just stood there watching. Motherdick!

Blew my mind when they pointed out on TD that Carl's fence jumping chick was the same girl from Too Many Cooks.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: March 16, 2015, 02:45 AM »
Great episode and probably the best episode of TD in along while.

I like how they are showing how inept the people from Alexandria are.  Both the construction team and Nick & Aiden were acting so stupid that I'm shocked that any of them ever leave the walls!  Also, they are too quick to leave people to die.

Next week is going to be interesting with what Gabriel said to Deanna and then the group coming back without Aiden.  Probably a good thing they are keeping Nicholas alive....for now.

The bit with Carol and the kid was awesome as well.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1630 on: March 16, 2015, 09:44 AM »
I could see Nicholas lying about what happened to get Glenn and Eugene in trouble.  Deflect blame for Noah.  That could put Alexandria and Rick's group at odds.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: March 16, 2015, 11:50 AM »
Doing the human thing, letting Nicholas live will bite them on the ass.
From what I've read the odds of making grenade to explode by shooting it are low, though it depends on the caliber of bullet.
They didn't let Aiden die, because even if they'd gotten him off those spikes, he'd probably have bled to death. (i didn't think about the call back to that season 2 kid...Randall?)

Beth and Tyreese's deaths seem like they were for nothing now, freeing Noah and trying to get him home. But that's the point...never help anyone.  :P The Alexandrians are right. Okay, they aren't...their "what happens outside the walls stays there" attitude make me wonder how many people they've gone through.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: March 16, 2015, 02:15 PM »
What did the one guy whisper to Aidan before he took off?

That was a brutal exit, but Noah's was even worse. Don't bring the limpy gun on the next run!

Totally called it on Dr Feelbad. Figures he couldn't have been a ditch digger or some other non-skilled trade. Nice to see the kid and Carol connect after that last conversation too. I'm guess it will probably be her or the wife that actually ends up offing the guy, but Rick is certainly up for the job.

Screw Gabriel. It was bad enough when he was just worthless, but he has escalated to pure douchery. If someone comes at me warning me about the Devil and Angels of Light though, I'm probably taking that with a few grains of salt. No doubt Maggie is going to take care of some business now too.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: March 16, 2015, 03:54 PM »
I believe he said that those two were the ones who disobeyed orders and ditched the four that died thst now Glenn etc are replacing
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: March 23, 2015, 12:01 AM »
Mediocre episode until the end. Too many folks in the woods for no good reason.

Deanna says what i figured she'd say, Dr. Feelbad is the doctor, so everyone with a brain knows about the abuse, but lets it go.  Rick was right before, exiling people didn't work in his experience. Randall, Shane, Carol...
Of course bringing back Nicholas alive was worse than killing him or leaving him to die. 
The W mark thing being noticed but hardly mentioned, if at all, by people is getting silly.
Rick loses it, as the guest Yvette Nicole Brown on Talking Dead said, "you know he's lost it when he starts enunciating with gun."

I hope the season finale is zombie Noah leading a walker horde against Alexandria.