Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 561552 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1650 on: March 24, 2015, 06:08 PM »
I had a similar thought on Rick/Pete fight but it seems like he was losing at times, and I can't see him letting it get that close is all.  He should've just beat Pete solidly, IMO.  They could've shown him struggle to not kill him a number of ways.  Have Pete come at rick with a shard of the window even?  Make him out to be even more or a dillhole.  I just hated him having any real one on one advantage.  Drives me batty.  Guy beat Shane!  And that was a long time ago when Rick wasn't as hardened.

I'm curious how the finale will set up next season.  It's gonna be interesting for sure.  I figured they'd have established the new threat more by now honestly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: March 25, 2015, 08:40 AM »
I had a similar thought on Rick/Pete fight but it seems like he was losing at times, and I can't see him letting it get that close is all.  He should've just beat Pete solidly, IMO.  They could've shown him struggle to not kill him a number of ways.  Have Pete come at rick with a shard of the window even?  Make him out to be even more or a dillhole.  I just hated him having any real one on one advantage.  Drives me batty.  Guy beat Shane!  And that was a long time ago when Rick wasn't as hardened.

I'm curious how the finale will set up next season.  It's gonna be interesting for sure.  I figured they'd have established the new threat more by now honestly.

The problem is that once they introduce the "new threat" they're done. They're out of material. They are very close to catching up to the comic now. The next bad guy is the last one. I think they need at least another season of "Farmer Rick" type filler to let the comic forge ahead into some new territory.

And I haven't seen any casting scoop for that role so I am guessing that person will not be in the finale at least.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: March 25, 2015, 10:50 AM »
This is season 5. TV shows don't normally last that much longer even when popular (ie breaking bad). The bad guy, soo excited,  will be hinted if not named, but not shown, on Sunday. They can cast him soon. I think they could do two seasons of him and let the comics jump ahead if the show is still running then and then have more material to base things on
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:52 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: March 25, 2015, 11:23 AM »
Walking up on a camp of unknown people at night would be dangerous.  Aaron waited until morning to contact Rick's group.

Disagree.  I don't think there's any more danger coming up at night versus the daytime.   Daryl can flank Aaron as backup and they would have a greater element of surprise.  Remember Aaron was watching Rick's group for days and was close enough to overhear conversations. Coming up on a group in daylight without any recon seems like about the most dangerous thing you can do in the WD universe.

The problem is that once they introduce the "new threat" they're done. They're out of material. They are very close to catching up to the comic now. The next bad guy is the last one. I think they need at least another season of "Farmer Rick" type filler to let the comic forge ahead into some new territory.

I think it might seem that way given how fast they have covered comic material, but they're really still years behind.  Assuming they even go that route, the bad guy you refer to in the comics was around for 3-4 times as many issues as the Governor.  They can easily make a couple seasons out of that storyline if they want to.  There's a ton of material there depending on what they want to cover.  The comic is also several issues past that and on to another threat that would be even cooler to see on TV IMO.  That's three seasons worth of TV if the comic stopped today.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:39 AM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1654 on: March 26, 2015, 12:48 AM »
Disagree.  I don't think there's any more danger coming up at night versus the daytime.   Daryl can flank Aaron as backup and they would have a greater element of surprise.  Remember Aaron was watching Rick's group for days and was close enough to overhear conversations. Coming up on a group in daylight without any recon seems like about the most dangerous thing you can do in the WD universe.

Didn't he have a parabolic mic?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1655 on: March 26, 2015, 01:12 AM »
I think if anything Darryl/Aaron would want to recon the group in daylight, just to see what's what.

And yeah, Aaron had a listening device in the car.  That was what made even Michonne question her decision to trust him before they went zombie mowing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: March 29, 2015, 09:55 AM »
Please let us hear those five magic letters tonight!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: March 29, 2015, 07:02 PM »
Please let us hear those five magic letters tonight!

J-E-S-U-S!

:D

jk, i know who you mean. But i think tonight will be all about getting the safe zone house in order.

Hoping we get a glimpse of whatever Morgan has been up too as well.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: March 29, 2015, 07:39 PM »
My prediction is the season ends with us hearing his voice while we see Lucille.

That's totally prediction. I don't read internet stuff.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 07:39 PM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: March 29, 2015, 11:44 PM »
That was a step down from last season's finale.
But at least it was 90 minutes, which means, what...45 minutes of actual show? Seriously, I sometimes watch Star Trek TNG reruns on BBC America and I've noticed that they cut scenes out. One ended on a different scene than the original broadcast version.

Summer "companion" series, Fear The Walking Dead, will only be 6 episodes in season 1. Though they are committed to a season 2, you'd think they'd made the order higher considering they've debuted other new shows with 10 episodes (like Low Winter Sun, which flopped).

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: March 30, 2015, 12:46 AM »
I would have liked the pay off of that episode to have been more than "them all coming together".

For me this would have been a really good 2nd from last episode of the season.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1661 on: March 30, 2015, 03:37 AM »
OMFG I can't believe someone else hates that BBC America BS editing of ST:TNG.  It pissed me off so much when I first noticed it!  Glad I'm not alone.

I liked the finale...  Rick's speech was solid.

I liked the "coming together" aspect, really, only because the glimpses of the Wolves I think implies a rocky road ahead for the group, for the town, for everyone in general.

I liked how Morgan's story was interwoven into things, and how it ultimately ended.

I was ok with it.  I thought someone was going to croak other than who did (trying to remain fairly quiet on spoilers since it's so early).  I liked it I guess.

Carol's speech was great, and funny.

Still weirded out that Nicholas knew where that pistol was though?  I'm assuming he was stalking them?  He clearly demonstrated he's known how to quietly get outside, so maybe he was watching them all along?  I dunno.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: March 30, 2015, 06:42 AM »
Rick's speech was solid.
I liked the "coming together" aspect, really, only because the glimpses of the Wolves I think implies a rocky road ahead for the group, for the town, for everyone in general.
I liked how Morgan's story was interwoven into things, and how it ultimately ended.
I was ok with it.  I thought someone was going to croak other than who did (trying to remain fairly quiet on spoilers since it's so early).  I liked it I guess.

Agree, agree, agree, agree................... but not as the "now wait half a year til next fall episode".

I really like the "twist" that no one (between Rick & Alexandria's groups or Gabriel) did anything to each other. I didn't see that coming and it does set up the chaos for next season. But I would have liked something more for the off season hiatus.

Maybe "who are the wolves" should be enough, but I'm not feeling that way right now. I probably was too hopeful we were going to find out it's who I think and because we didn't I'm taking it out on the show.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1663 on: March 30, 2015, 08:28 AM »
That was one heck of a Rube Goldberg way of trapping "prey" implemented by the Wolves.  You force a dude to walk around in a red poncho, but NOT get caught, and lure people into a zombie trap.  Thinking about the initial effort to set it up, multiple trials before it actually works, audio equipment maintenance, etc. etc...  seems like there'd be more efficient ways to score a couple backpacks.

I was fine with the finale, but I was expecting some deaths.  All through the last half of the season cast members have been hyping the finale.  "You're gonna want a box of tissues" type stuff.  So it was a bit of a let down on that front.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: March 30, 2015, 09:57 AM »
I liked it a lot actually, mostly because I was dreading a lot of whining from the Alexandrites and the inevitable exile of Rick, which thankfully didn't happen. I liked that they focused almost exclusively on the characters we know.

You had to love Carol's nutbusting of Pete. (Apparently no one likes her cooking either) And I also loved the scene with Rick and Michonne, where they sort of made amends and squared up. Even the scene with Abraham and Eugene clicked well. I enjoy the show much more when everyone is one big walker-destroying family.

Glad Tara woke up, especially since her doctor visits are now a thing of the past. But can someone please explain why, after losing Beth, Noah and Tyreese so recently, WHY is Gabriel still alive!?!? Is he the post-apocalype Gilligan of the group now? Put this dbag out of his misery already!

At least it seems like Sasha finally hit the end of her rope and is ready to rein in the crazy now.

Good speeches at the end, still wish someone had just bullet-pointed all of their recent dramas to better illustrate how stupid lucky those people are to be alive: yeah, we met a guy who kept walker heads in an aquarium, then he attacked us with a tank, then we met some people who tried to rape us, then we hooked up with some cannibals, etc etc.

Glad it turned out to be the Wolves and not the Whisperers, as some had been speculating online. I'm not so sure this is _____'s gang though, I think these schmoes may be more akin to the Scavengers from the comics. Leaderless riff-raff who just move from place to place looting and killing. That was some crazy ass walker trap though!

And what can you say about freaking Morgan? Dude is a Jedi now! He is born again hard, but he cost that poor poncho dude his life by letting those two jagoffs live. Talk about awkward reunions though...from "all life is precious" to seeing Rick shoot Pete in the head, LOL.

They continue to do a good job getting me to worry about Glenn getting killed, despite his seeming untouchable status. Dude has some serious bad luck though. And why are we letting Nicholas live again? I guess they need more people to kill next season. Hopefully.