Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 565685 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1695 on: October 17, 2015, 09:44 PM »
The only thing worse than having to fight off a horde of thousands of zombies is trying to fight off a horde of thousands of zombies that are on fire.

if they burn long enough sure they may survive but there not going anywhere very fast if if their feet are mostly burned off, they wouldn't be able to keep balance, or fire could possibly burn off enough leg muscle for them not to be able to walk so who care if they 'live'. i mean look at them head splatting just walking into the wall.   

i wonder how well like steamroller would drive on dirt road like that, armor up the cab and just squish em all.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: October 18, 2015, 11:58 PM »
That was awesome.
The scene where the smoking lady gets cut down sure caught me off guard.
Not sure what to think about Morgan.
Not sure I'm thrilled I don't think The Wolves are either of the comic groups I thought they might be anymore though.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1697 on: October 19, 2015, 01:08 AM »
Tonight's episode was awesome!  Next week looks great too, looks like Rick and the rest of the shepherds are trying to steer the herd away still.

Also, I guess that Kevin Smith will be showing up on Talking Dead every year while his crappy Comic Book Men show is on AMC...sigh.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: October 19, 2015, 01:13 AM »
JSS...I thought it was Jesus without the vowels.
Turtles would be doomed in the zombie apocalypse...unless Walkers got bored trying to pry the meat out of the shell.
Put someone in charge of the armory who has never fired a gun.
Carl displayed a bit of weakness getting that close to the guy he shot...should've known better given his own experience. (call back to unapologetically killing the unarmed guy at the prison...but yet, he wasn't entirely wrong back then.)
Only Morgan arrived? I can't remember, was anyone else running towards town after the horn?
What was Morgan carrying at the end?

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1699 on: October 19, 2015, 08:23 AM »
JSS...I thought it was Jesus without the vowels.

Just Survive Somehow

Absolutely fantastic episode, from the first frame to the last.  It's looking like the Wolves are fanatics or zealots of some sort.  Talking about freeing the people from Alexandria, and that dude at the end saying he didn't have a choice.

Carol is no joke.

I could really tell which building Morgan was walking into, so I was completely expecting him to walk into the armory and get popped.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: October 19, 2015, 11:04 AM »
I love the episodes where Carol gets to be a total badass. Also watching Jessie go berzerk on that chick was kinda cool.

What did that one Wolf say to Morgan? Something about how Morgan should have killed him? I just ditched cable last week and am watching on Sling, so I can't rewind/pause anymore.

I'm thinking Morgan was there because Rick sent him back to explain what happened to Rusty Griswold. Maybe Rick is thinking they would take the news better from Morgan than someone else.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1701 on: October 19, 2015, 11:45 AM »
I thought he said Morgan couldn't do it (kill him), and that he should have.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: October 23, 2015, 10:43 AM »
I thought he said Morgan couldn't do it (kill him), and that he should have.

Yeah, that was my take.  Both the guys that recognized Morgan (First in the group fight, then the ambush guy in the home) were from last season, right?  Weren't they the hiker guys that had Morgan trapped, but he fought them off and stashed them alive in a car?  I think this episode was all about Morgan getting to the realization that Rick is right about not letting dangerous people live.  Morgan is pro life and Rick is Pro Choice.   :D  The Ambush guy figured out that Morgan could have killed him a couple of times, but couldn't, and this guy was just going to keep coming.  By the end I think Morgan has come to the realization that he is going to have to kill the living, but is pretty unhappy with that realization.  I also think that him letting the group fight guy survive and run off with a gun is going to come back to haunt him. 

That episode was awesome.  Huge crazy fight out of knowhere.  I like the horn reveal - not intentional, but not some silly accident either.  Carol is awesome/psychotic.  Awesome quick thinking to disguise herself as one of them and then start taking them out one by one.  I loved seeing more of Morgan's stick fighting as well.  A second week with someone asking who trained him?  That's got to be leading to someone.  I like how they are introducing new characters like the doctor slowly and not making the whole episode about them, though I wish the doctor had been able to save Holly.  Both have bigger storylines in the comics. 

As for the wolves, what is up with these guys?  Definitely a bunch of nutbags as they keep hacking away at people after they're dead.  It's a weird dynamic that they're crazy and yet seemingly well organized to take Alexandria.  And one of the guys referenced that they had no choice, but to attack?  I wonder if the same pyscho from the comics ends up being the baddie in charge of these guys.  They sure seem a lot more like the Scavengers from the comics based on the attack.  And did it seem to anyone else like Enid was in on all this?  I wonder if she was sneaking out to pass along information to the Wolves, and she clearly seemed  prepared to leave at a convenient time.  JSS indeed.  Can't wait for the next episode!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: October 23, 2015, 10:52 AM »
Both those Wolves Morgan talks to were from last season's finale.

I'd be disappointed if Enid was with the wolves. I think she is a one-person version of rick's group. She realized that Alexandria was too civilized and unprepared for the world outside to last, and was always prepared to flee because of that.

Also, they didn't seem to know about Alexandria until Aaron dropped his bag last season. Or that's the impression.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: October 25, 2015, 10:18 PM »
Well, crap...

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: October 25, 2015, 10:33 PM »
Well, crap...
Exactly.  I feel like I just got kicked in the nuts and then they were set on fire.  Gonna be a long week or two waiting to find out...
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: October 25, 2015, 10:34 PM »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: October 25, 2015, 11:00 PM »
I'm not buying it...yet. I still think Nicholas fell on top of him.

They should have just crawled inside the dumpster!

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: October 25, 2015, 11:12 PM »
There's no reasonable way he could make it short of a star trek transporter beam. I was wondering why they did go for a roof top and wait the heard out, but I'm of one those people...which reminds me...

I kept hoping on the Talking Dead that Damon Lindelof would be ripped apart by zombies. "I hate it when people watch these show and go 'If I were Rick I would've...'"

Yeah, you hate how people react normally to watching tv shows, no wonder your writing stinks.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: October 25, 2015, 11:26 PM »
I'm not buying it...yet. I still think Nicholas fell on top of him.
That was my first thought too... Okay second thought after "oh crap"... But I'm not sure how even then he could get away.