Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 561896 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1710 on: October 26, 2015, 08:31 AM »
My first reaction was "why are his intestines coming out of his chest?"  But I took it at face value as death.  If he's under a body and a hoard of biting zombies, I can't see how he moves much less gets away.  But it sounds like all indicators are that he does.

I typically don't watch the previews for the next week, but they stuck one in mid-show as they were promoting their Preacher trailer.  And the feel I got was the next episode is going to be a flashback on Morgan.  I hope I got the wrong impression, because I don't think that'd be compelling TV for 90 minutes.  Especially with double cliff-hangers.

We shall see...
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: October 26, 2015, 08:58 AM »
I'm imagining him crawling under the dumpster and then some tough to imagine very unrealistic event getting him out from there. Loud noise distracts zombies?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: October 26, 2015, 09:45 AM »
I took it at face value that he's dead  :'(. I can't really imagine a scenario where he escapes that doesn't seem ridiculous. Call it women's intuition or what you like - but I've thought for a while that Maggie was pregnant - and Scott Gimple's note was referring to that. Glenn and Maggie had a little moment before he left that I thought alluded to it. We shall see I guess  :-\
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: October 26, 2015, 10:03 AM »
If next week is all flashbacks, it seems like they'll drag the events of one day over the entire first half of the season.

I challenge anyone to find a dumpster you can crawl under. But yeah, they might pull a fast one on us.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: October 26, 2015, 10:40 AM »
I expected Glenn to die soon (or Maggie), but was not expecting it like this.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: October 26, 2015, 03:07 PM »
Just watched it.  Gut wrenching for sure - I did not see that coming.  I thought for sure they would climb the side fencing or something.  I can't figure out any logical way that Glenn is okay.  Sounds like we will have him in a Flashback or maybe as a ghost/hallucination.  I'm guessing they track down his pack or something to know for sure that he's gone.  It is odd that they didn't show him on TD as being gone though...

There sure were a lot of trapped/closed off alleys in that little town.  Or did group run into the only two places in town with highly secure fencing blocking the path forward?

As for Rick, I know he was exhausted, but how do you not lock the doors and keep an eye on your surroundings?  I think he'll just quietly escape to the top of the RV and the herd will push past or get drawn off.  If they can't see or hear you, the top of a high vehicle like that would be pretty safe I think. 

The last two shows were really awesome to watch.  Morgan flashback next week will hopefully still show some material from the present.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1716 on: October 26, 2015, 03:22 PM »
Yeah, I was taken back by the heavy steel gate that Michonne climbed over.  How was that gate there?  It was also annoying that it took her like 45 seconds to pull free and climb over.

The chain-link dead end made more sense.  Though I don't know why, when you were on the dumpster, you wouldn't just climb across the fence to the roof.  I saw the barbed wire on top of the fence, but the roof seemed pretty clear.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1717 on: October 27, 2015, 12:37 AM »
The chain-link dead end made more sense.  Though I don't know why, when you were on the dumpster, you wouldn't just climb across the fence to the roof.  I saw the barbed wire on top of the fence, but the roof seemed pretty clear.

That was a bit of a jump to the side...and there were walkers directly behind them.

After watching that scene a couple of times, it's clear to me that we don't see Glenn get bitten...the walkers are tearing apart Nicholas.  That being said, if he did actually survive, I'll be kind of disappointed in the show that they didn't have the stones to go through with it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: October 27, 2015, 08:58 AM »
Glenn has to live so he can meet Lucille.  ;)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: November 2, 2015, 12:44 AM »
I see a lot of griping elsewhere about tonight's episode (got some people's goat  :P), but it was obvious from the previews what/who it would focus on.

I found it alright. Not sure why Morgan left his town entirely...did he burn the whole town down? But he had to leave, because that's the story.

The NOW time ending was the only part where I got annoyed. Once again we might have the "someone keeping something a secret that they should outright tell everyone, but instead it'll lead to tragedy" but that's every tv show these days.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: November 2, 2015, 06:53 AM »
I knew we were looking at a all Morgan episode from the preview so I was ok with that, but I thought the episode itself was way too little story in an 1.5 hour episode and when you've just killed off Glenn it was a pretty big let down to me.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1721 on: November 2, 2015, 08:02 AM »
I don't think Morgan intends to keep his prisoner a secret.  But I could be wrong...

I think they could easily have told this tale just as effectively in 60 minutes.  To announce a special 90-minute episode the week after two huge cliff-hangers, and make it all flashback without addressing either of the cliff-hangers... I can see why people are pissed.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: November 2, 2015, 09:36 PM »
At least we know Rick got out of the RV somehow, pretty sure that was his voice at the very end there.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1723 on: November 3, 2015, 12:50 AM »
At least we know Rick got out of the RV somehow, pretty sure that was his voice at the very end there.

Really?  I thought it was Heath.

Overall, I thought it was a good episode...interesting on how there have actually been hints of this in some of Morgan's dialogue throughout his return.  After the pace of the first few episodes, it was nice to slow it down a little and yet not have it all in the past.  I was a little surprised to see he didn't actually kill the lone wolf...although I think Alexandria is in for some trouble when he gets out.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: November 3, 2015, 07:35 AM »
I thought the episode was great.  The theme of being in one's own prison was fantastic, complete with Morgan actually locking the Wolf in his "prison."  I think that Morgan's character arc will be very much like Eastman's, and at the end he will be sacrificed to bring Rick's humanity back.