Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557947 times)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1725 on: November 3, 2015, 09:37 AM »
I thought it was a pretty good episode.  I am a little irritated there was nothing from the Glen or Rick end, but I expected that.

With Morgan walking away from the cabin, I felt there was a little "hope."  I'm not sure how that will play out, especially with the Wolf who said he'd kill as soon as he got the chance.  But all in all, it was nice to have a little glimmer of sunshine, because we know this show does nothing but rip you apart.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1726 on: November 3, 2015, 07:12 PM »
I'm kinda with Bill...  I didn't mind Morgan having a lot of focus, just would've liked some of that 1.5 hour episode showing something related to the previous episode.

BTW I also thought that was Heath at the gate, and I also think saving a Wolf will wind up in someone dead.  He said "children".  So I'm guessing old Bowl cut or Judith are toast.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: November 4, 2015, 10:27 AM »
LOL, who the hell is Heath?!?

I don't bother to learn the Redshirts' names on this show until they've lasted at least 10 episodes or so. Nicknames are way more fun...ala Hardwick's "Porch Dick".

I would guess he is the angry Glasses dude with Michonne? You guys are probably right...that makes more sense because we already know that bunch got to the gate.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1728 on: November 4, 2015, 07:39 PM »
Yeah, he's the black guy with dreads.  Comic character if I'm not mistaken, but then again so was 4th Rusty.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1729 on: November 4, 2015, 09:17 PM »
LOL, who the hell is Heath?!?

I don't bother to learn the Redshirts' names on this show until they've lasted at least 10 episodes or so. Nicknames are way more fun...ala Hardwick's "Porch Dick".

I would guess he is the angry Glasses dude with Michonne? You guys are probably right...that makes more sense because we already know that bunch got to the gate.

Already answered, but thanks for the laugh!

Like Jesse said, Heath is pretty prominent in the comics.  He's well cast in the show!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: November 4, 2015, 11:54 PM »
I really liked it.  Good back story and we needed n explanation of how Morgan went from nutso to ninja.  This follows to really kickbutt episodes, so bound to be a bit of a letdown for people, but I still enjoyed it.  My only complaint is that I think they are overselling the "Morgan isn't a killer anymore and it's going to come back to bite someone" plot.  We already got that from the Wolves escaping to attack the town and then later attacking Rick.  Hopefully they get the whole group story back together in future episodes.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: November 8, 2015, 09:49 PM »
I took it at face value that he's dead  :'(. I can't really imagine a scenario where he escapes that doesn't seem ridiculous. Call it women's intuition or what you like - but I've thought for a while that Maggie was pregnant - and Scott Gimple's note was referring to that. Glenn and Maggie had a little moment before he left that I thought alluded to it. We shall see I guess  :-\

Nailed it  :D
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: November 8, 2015, 11:15 PM »
A month long suspense until we find out for sure...the producers are so cruel.  >:D

Nothing much happened tonight...little bits...but we won't bore you with how Rick ran all the way back home. Carol's taking a long nap.  Teens fighting over a girl who ran away.  Deanna family breakdowns. Father Gabriel's suspicious activities.
Eugene's so-crazy-it-almost-might-work plan to get rid of the surrounding walkers. Rosita's plans for hosting Enid's quinceanera put on hold. Morgan trying to convert his captured Wolf to his new religion: Eastmantology.

All leaving us in suspense as to the burning question on all our minds... TOBIN, WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER YOUR RADIO??

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1733 on: November 9, 2015, 02:03 AM »
Meh...  I'm so bored with Alexandrians whining about life, or their fear of it ending, that this one kinda left me feeling flat.  A lot of propping up of the moping mob.  That basically sums it up, and that's dull.

Dig the tunnel.  Good thing to know about.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: November 9, 2015, 08:11 AM »
Did anyone see the cover of the book that Tera kicked across the floor to the new "doctor?"  It was blue and had gold embossed lettering that said "Gray's Anatomy."  Stupid ass show, but still pretty cool to see.

The sewer walkers were pretty cool though.

Overall, I thought this was a craptastic filler episode that didn't seem to drive the plot anywhere.  I get that the Alexandrians aren't familiar with having to fight to survive.  They whine about the whining, I get that.  It has grown old quickly.  There was virtually no plot development, to my knowledge, last night.  The only thing that seemed amiss, was the crack in the steel wall at the end.  I saw all the walkers banging on the fence and was thinking back to the prison when the walkers eventually pushed the fence down.

I don't see how skipping over Rick escaping from the horde was passed over completely.  They could have at least done something with that.

Oh well, on to next week and then I'm guessing the last episode of 2015 we will find out what really happened to Glenn.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1735 on: November 9, 2015, 09:07 AM »
Did anyone see the cover of the book that Tera kicked across the floor to the new "doctor?"  It was blue and had gold embossed lettering that said "Gray's Anatomy."  Stupid ass show, but still pretty cool to see.

Pretty sure that's the real name of the standard medical anatomy book.  Anybody know if dude's "cure" holds any medical truth?  I don't think removing puss from an infected wound typically results in vast improvements to health.  But I could be wrong.

The only thing that seemed amiss, was the crack in the steel wall at the end.  I saw all the walkers banging on the fence and was thinking back to the prison when the walkers eventually pushed the fence down.

I didn't think that was a crack.  I thought it was blood dripping from somewhere.

I agree with the rest of your assessment.  Not a great episode.  I think the plot developments this week were all about who's hooking up with who.  Not super interesting to the members of this forum, but they gotta cater to their female viewers at some point.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: November 9, 2015, 09:22 AM »
I was pleasantly surprised by the scenes with Carl and Porch Dick's son. I figured they would go the easy route and just write him as a sulking time bomb but they seem to be taking a more interesting path. Him reaching out to Rick up on the Wall was a good sign, I thought.

Those sewer walkers were excellently gooey and sick. (LOL, "Deanna-got-her-groove-back Walker")

On Glenn, it seems clear that the whole uncertainty thing was completely intentional now, and they are being deliberately vague about his fate. That's a risky game they are playing IMO. You can't string this thing along too far just to reveal he really was eaten, because that's just jerking the audience around too badly. I considered him maybe showing up at some point as a walker, but they already played that card with Sofia, so I don't see them doing that twice. Still holding out hope for the unlikeliest of escapes. It didn't look good for Rick in that RV either but he magically made it out ok so you never know.  ;)

Forgot about the always interminable Fall break. Sorry Badlands, you will not fill the gap.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: November 9, 2015, 09:34 AM »

I didn't think that was a crack.  I thought it was blood dripping from somewhere.

I agree with the rest of your assessment.  Not a great episode.  I think the plot developments this week were all about who's hooking up with who.  Not super interesting to the members of this forum, but they gotta cater to their female viewers at some point.

I didn't totally negate the possibility that was blood.  My only thought was why would it matter if that was blood?  Who's was it going to be that we'd miss?

Embrace the suck.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: November 9, 2015, 12:02 PM »
I think the "mid-season finale" ends with Glenn at the gates.  Season picks back up with the happy reunion of Glenn and Maggie only to find out that Glenn has been bitten and he will die as Maggie tells him she's preggers.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: November 9, 2015, 12:31 PM »
I think the plot developments this week were all about who's hooking up with who.  Not super interesting to the members of this forum, but they gotta cater to their female viewers at some point.

Generalize much? ::)  I personally don't know any female TWD viewers who are fans because they (we?) are all a flutter over who is hooking up with who. Please keep in mind who the members of this forum are  :). [Steps down off of soap box]
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(