Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558234 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1740 on: November 9, 2015, 01:10 PM »
I see plenty of women post on FB about Glenn/Maggie.  I interpret that to be a big draw for the ladies.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1741 on: November 9, 2015, 07:15 PM »
To defend Bill some, yeah, if you're on social media (mostly) you'll see that TWD seems to only be about who's banging and "don't you dare kill Darryl" type posts from the female persuasion.  I don't think that group is as invested in the show on any other level as you are Tracy.  They're not dissecting the other aspects of it.

But that's social media for you...  You can't have a conversation with those people though, regardless of their gender.  They're insane for specific characters.  I like making fun of them when people they like die.

The bitching and moaning when Beth died and didn't get it on with Darryl?  When Darryl is forced to ugly cry?  It's fun to rile up folks over that stuff.  >:D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1742 on: November 9, 2015, 10:18 PM »
So...are we going with Glenn is still alive?

I'm thinking he got a save from Jesus at this point.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: November 9, 2015, 10:19 PM »

Pretty sure that's the real name of the standard medical anatomy book.  Anybody know if dude's "cure" holds any medical truth?  I don't think removing puss from an infected wound typically results in vast improvements to health.  But I could be wrong.

Indeed, Gray's Anatomy is a standard text in the medical field.  I doubt that you'd find that specific "cure" in there though, given it's anatomy under consideration, not simple medical procedures.  I'll have to check the wife's copy.  As for the cure itself, it may have relieved some pressure and could have taken away some nasty bacteria, but an immediate response on the heart monitor as it's being drawn out?  Yeah, not really.  BTW, I only play a doctor on the internet.   :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: November 10, 2015, 10:09 AM »
So...are we going with Glenn is still alive?

I'm thinking he got a save from Jesus at this point.

Ah, I see what you did there.  ;) Well played, sir.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1745 on: November 10, 2015, 12:37 PM »
THR: 'Walking Dead' Casts Major Comics Villain Negan

Jeffrey Dean Morgan ('The Good Wife,' 'Watchmen') will take on the iconic role from Robert Kirkman's comic series.

Open casting call for the part of Lucille:

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:41 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1746 on: November 10, 2015, 12:59 PM »
Decent casting.  He was excellent in Supernatural.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: November 10, 2015, 02:26 PM »
Yeah, he was a hell of a Comedian too. I approve.  :)

I didn't realize Tom Payne had been cast also. Business is about to pick up!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 02:27 PM by McMetal »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: November 15, 2015, 11:43 PM »
When did the US military start using RPG's like that?  Must be some alternate universe thing.

Stupid girl dies stupidly. Die-abetic, die!

Kept expecting the inside walker to get a burst of energy and break the glass.

Rosita vs. Sasha. I'd take Rosita.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: November 16, 2015, 06:32 AM »
Really good episode.

I did have the same question about the RPG.  But at the same time, if we must get technical, Abraham is toting around and M16 and the military transitioned away from that particular model years ago.  The giveaway on that is the flash hider and triangular shaped handguard. 

Anyway, I thought this was a really, really good episode.  (I still want to know what happened to Glenn).  I would hope the story with Darryl and Abraham hasn't run it's course yet as this seemed to develop their characters, especially Darryl.  I suspect it will not end well for the bike thieves.

I also wondered about the guys who were looking for the thieves, who were they?  Being that I haven't read past the fall of the prison in the comics, could that have possibly been an introduction to Negan?  I'm thinking similar to the Michonne intro where they never showed the face but you knew who it was? 
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1750 on: November 16, 2015, 08:00 AM »
Didn't they say the name of the leader of the exposition to find the thieves?  Wade maybe?

It does seem to be a different group than the Wolves.  They're in clean clothes, have vehicles and guns... totally different MO.  And also no Ws on their foreheads.

This show is so good at generating tension.  I believed Abraham could have bought it when he was messing with the soldier over the bridge.  I believed Daryl could have been popped by the couple.  That's very refreshing about this show... you never know when someone's going to die, so you're always scared.

So does the "Help" at the end mean they're going to resolve the Glenn issue before the fall finale?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: November 16, 2015, 08:28 AM »
What the hell was that??

I spent nearly the whole hour completely bewildered...I actually thought I had missed an episode somewhere along the line that would have made sense of whatever the heck happened. I am going to have to go back and re-watch the whole thing just to get some kind of clue to what was going on.

I did grasp that it was Negan's gang looking for the 3 weirdos...he only likes willing cooch, or whatever the hell that guy said. But like, nothing else made sense that whole episode.

Why are you lying in wait with cars and automatic weapons for 3 losers on foot with one pistol between them? Did they think they had stolen a car or something? (Ok, maybe)

What in the hell were those 3 idiots doing anyway? trying to round up their old gang from high school? WTF were "Patty" and who were the Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen lookalikes in the cabin?

I still don't get how they burned the whole forest up - what was the combustible agent? Gas? Dude's explanation was pretty sketchy.

Why was everything that came out of those 3 people's mouths practically incomprehensible? All that crap about "earning" and being "on your knees" was baffling. Even the "Claimer" gang made more sense than that.

Why would anyone choose Sasha over Rosita???

But the stupidest thing of all was the ending. Daryl is about to take them back to Alexandria where their lives will be infinitely better, they already know they can trust him because he came back to help them, and they STILL decide to screw him over and split? WHY??? Were they planning to go back to Negan's crew? or just take off on their own? That was completely asinine on every level.

It was hard to enjoy the episode at all really because I was just so confused throughout the whole thing. (I guess I am just thick , the rest of you guys seemed to get it)

It concerns me that the show has semed to settle into a pretty predictable formula, they inevitably run into some "bad" group and have to battle it out with them and ultimately triumph and then wash, rinse, repeat. I'm actually pretty sick of that. Why does EVERY group have to be bad for example? Why couldn't they run into a another group like their own? Or maybe just focus on the walkers for a season, that's the name of the show right? This whole idea of the world fell apart and everyone became a rabid psychopath or helpless weakling is getting tiresome.

Didn't mean to sound so grumpy. Just a hard episode to follow, IMHO.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: November 16, 2015, 09:34 AM »
I'm more in McMetal's camp than the others... 

I didn't really care for this episode.  I also I didn't really understand what was going on with the episode.  I get it that it must be a "bridge" to something else but it seems like there will be two different groups to face - the Wolves and now this new group.   I haven't read in the comics much past when Abraham joins the team so I have no idea what could be coming but this episode left me scratching my head.

I didn't watch Talking Dead last night.  Did that shed any light on it?

I can't believe Darryl will go that long without having his crossbow though!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:35 AM by BrentS »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: November 16, 2015, 10:35 AM »

What in the hell were those 3 idiots doing anyway? trying to round up their old gang from high school? WTF were "Patty" and who were the Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen lookalikes in the cabin?

Patty was the fuel truck Daryl found at the end. The 3 went to a fuel company lot "Pattrick fuels" or something. The license plate said "Patti" on it. (Who moved the truck out in the woods, we may never know)

The dead people were people they knew who got caught in the fire they started to kill the walkers.

I still don't get how they burned the whole forest up - what was the combustible agent? Gas? Dude's explanation was pretty sketchy.
Gas, hence the truck and the fuel company compound.

Why was everything that came out of those 3 people's mouths practically incomprehensible? All that crap about "earning" and being "on your knees" was baffling. Even the "Claimer" gang made more sense than that.

Deliberate confusion by the writers to create mystery by using characters who call a truck "patti" and are vague in their dialogue.

Abraham isn't all there.

But the stupidest thing of all was the ending. Daryl is about to take them back to Alexandria where their lives will be infinitely better, they already know they can trust him because he came back to help them, and they STILL decide to screw him over and split? WHY??? Were they planning to go back to Negan's crew? or just take off on their own? That was completely asinine on every level.

Can't fix stupid. But they also have  reason to be distrustful of anyone. Remember how Rick and Co. reacted to Aaron's invite.

Didn't mean to sound so grumpy. Just a hard episode to follow, IMHO.

I didn't get the "Patti" thing until Talking Dead mentioned it.  :-\

What bugged me. The ambush everyone had hero armor, Daryl gets a flesh wound. Abe and Sasha leave behind their enemies' guns and ammo because it's not like those are hard to find.

Also, from what I read,  it's unlikely an insulin would still be usable this far into the pocky lips.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 10:36 AM by Scockery »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1754 on: November 16, 2015, 11:44 AM »

Abraham isn't all there.

Different strokes.  Rosita is gorgeous, but she's also not all that bright and she's kind of needy.  Sasha post-breakdown seems a bit more capable.

I say, it's the apocalypse - why not both??

I haven't read any of the Negan books - I'm trying to stay a season behind with the books - but I expect the whole kneeling thing is part of his gig.  I'm thinking he's king of the wasteland.  Submit to his will, and he takes care of you.