Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 565257 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1755 on: November 16, 2015, 12:58 PM »
Wow, good stuff guys...that helps a lot. Thanks! Still have to rewatch that I think, maybe with captioning this time to make it clearer.

i would like to have seen an episode with the wolves attacking this new group. No one to worry about rooting for, just an orgy of violence.

So where did those 2 dipsticks head off to at the end? can they expect to live long after ripping off Daryl?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1756 on: November 16, 2015, 03:31 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble with the dialogue...although my tinnitus was pretty bad last night after work.

Overall, I thought it was a decent episode, definitely a lot of set-up for the future, but if you need Talking Dead to explain something that happened in the show...you've had a writing fail.

I figure we will find out about Glenn in two weeks...still thinking he was a miracle from Jesus!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1757 on: November 16, 2015, 08:06 PM »
I liked the episode...  It worked ok for me.

Re: the weapons stuff, I think it's as likely this is private stash crap as it is military hardware...  But regarding accuracy in general, I'd take it all back to the two tanks in the show and say not to think about it too hard. :)

But yeah, I mean Abraham hasn't had a military issue M-16 in eons I'd wager.  And who knows where that soldier got the RPG's...  It's the south.   :D

Norman Reedus has leaked it that the voice on the walkie talkie isn't Glenn.  At least that's what he's saying anyway, rather emphatically.

Re: the forest fire, also keep in mind there appeared to be something of a major drought going on not TOO long ago...  It's possible the fire was just ripe for a fire.  I live in an area where burning garbage is still legal, and trust me it doesn't take long for fire to spread.  You don't need gas if things are even relatively dry, actually.

I think the fate of the two that yoinked Darryl's bike and bow are either A) they wind up running into the mega herd and we see remnants of this, or B) they wind up at Alexandria somehow and Darryl gets to see them there.  Either way he's getting the bow back.  I can't see that not happening.

Oh, and I'm with Bill...  I'd want both.

Oh oh, and I'll add that I too didn't catch a lot of the subtle stuff this ep, like Patti and all that.  I got the two glass zombies thing but other stuff was hard to catch.  Hell, even the thing on the walkie talkie at the end was something I didn't hear at first. 

This felt like a lot of Darryl fluff, but supposedly this all somehow plays into the future in some way...  Or so sayeth Norman Reedus.  I'm not sure who the well armed group was, but it's not unheard of for any old random group to turn up too.  The Philly Crew after all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: November 16, 2015, 11:53 PM »
If peeps could get working RPG's in the USA, things would get ugly...uglier.  :(

Someone pointed out the not current issue M-16, but  Abraham could've picked that up on the road...and did, because we saw his flashback...he wasn't on active duty.

I'm wondering about the walkers. Some more decayed and more supernatural like now (Swamp Thing walker...almost a phyto zombie from Z Nation).

"We thought everyone was fighting this thing" - guy

No, over in LA, some people were contributing to the problem by releasing stadiums full of walkers.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1759 on: November 17, 2015, 01:13 AM »
If peeps could get working RPG's in the USA, things would get ugly...uglier.  :(

Hey, I own a cannon...  With as many RPG's exist in the world, I have a feeling the US isn't devoid of them.  I don't think they're in the hands of guys doing drive-bys and stuff, but I also don't think things like that are impossible to get if you wanted one bad enough and had the $ to get it.  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: November 17, 2015, 08:15 AM »
I can't begin to tell you how useless your cannon will be in a zombie apocalypse.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1761 on: November 17, 2015, 03:20 PM »
If I have a fortified town tho it'll serve a purpose. :)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: November 17, 2015, 11:30 PM »
What they need is a catapult to deal with herds. Easy to find ammo for a catapult.

Also, a big boulder ala Indiana Jones, or a giant cheese wheel like Z Nation.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: November 18, 2015, 09:51 AM »
Some old 5 POA figures would make great cannon fodder.  Might get lucky enough to kill a few.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1764 on: November 18, 2015, 10:02 AM »
Couldn't you just launch a stick of dynamite down the road?  They'd hear a bang and start in that direction.  And then continue moving...
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1765 on: November 18, 2015, 11:51 AM »
I'd yard-a-pult the dead at the living I think.  It'd be at least a tad unsettling.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: November 22, 2015, 09:48 PM »
If that turd Ron shots Glenn I'm going to more upset then when I thought he was dead the first time!!
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: November 23, 2015, 12:26 AM »
No one was noticing the tower crumbling.

Signs this takes place in an alternate universe:
gasoline doesn't go bad
US Army uses Russian-style RPG's
dumpsters have enough space to crawl under.

Also, the dead come back and eat the living.  :P

Who is gonna perish next week?
My monkey is on Deanna. (BAD MONKEY)
Eugene? In some noble sacrifice?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: November 23, 2015, 01:08 AM »
Great episode...although I thought we'd get the reveal that Glenn was still alive in the closing segment of next week's episode, then the first episode of the next half of the season would have been how he survived.

Honestly, I was a little surprised that Enid was back and was the one who helped saved Glenn (she threw some cans down which got the group moving out of the alley), I honestly thought that we were not going to see her for a while based on what she said while on Talking Dead...plus it would have been a great time to introduce Jesus.  Although I'm usually pretty good at figuring out where the show is going, I'm glad I can be surprised as well.

Next week should make everyone who wants to see some zombie killing and eating very happy!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: November 23, 2015, 08:15 AM »
No one was noticing the tower crumbling.

I got the impression as I was watching that someone was deliberately tearing it apart. Will have to see when I watch it again.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(