Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558020 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1770 on: November 23, 2015, 08:49 AM »
I thought it sounded like the dead were in there, shuffling around.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: November 23, 2015, 09:14 AM »
I don't know if the first 5 minutes of a TV show has ever made me so happy.  ;D If loving Glenn is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

Nevermind that we will likely have to go through this again next season, I can be happy for now.

I rarely question Rick, but he needs to stop saying "them" and "we" and just start thinking "us". Embrace the new community bro! (even if Deanna's son is a complete dipstick, sheesh) Guess he doesn't like prayer groups either.

Hard to figure with the shifting timelines, but I am curious/hoping Daryl and Abraham and Sasha show up in time to save the day next week. I don't think there was any mysterious shenanigans with the church toppling, just a lack of structural integrity after that truck rammed it.

LOL at Carol and her motherly advice. Killing is the only way NOT to become a monster? I'm not sure that is the best advice to be giving someone who has already been the victim of childhood abuse. Seems like a good recipe for brewing up a serial killer. Apparently the older brother appears well on his way to sociopathy.

Yeah, that kid bugs the **** out of me. One week you're saving Carl, the next week you're stalking him with a loaded gun? WTF? I'm praying he either gets eaten next week or Carl saves his ass once again showing him what an asinine idea this revenge trip is. (shouldnt he be madder at Rick anyway?) I also hope they are counting bullets so it will come out that he is lifting ammo. Little psycho. DO NOT SHOOT CARL IN THE EYE!!!  >:(

Morgan is starting to piss me off. If you have that much conviction in your beliefs, stop sneaking around behind people's backs doing stupid-ass reckless stuff. Should have just come clean at the table there with Rick and Michonne.

Can't wait for next week!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1772 on: November 23, 2015, 02:40 PM »
Knew Glenn was alive. :).  Knew he was under the Dumpster too.  Just glad they finally got to showing it all.

I agree with you McMetal, on the church.  I think it's just a result of the fire and truck hitting it. 

I found the faith discussion then a church toppling your safety wall kind of ironic.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: November 23, 2015, 05:51 PM »
God's Will. Alexandria is a modern Gomorrah.

It was safe before, then Rick brought SIN in.   :o

He didn't have FAITH, he hid weapons. He coveted a neighbour's wife. Carol stole chocolate.

He tore down Gabriel's flyers.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1774 on: November 23, 2015, 06:13 PM »
Yeah he did bring Rosita...  and she's got me thinking a lot of sin.  Time for Alexandria to go!  :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: November 25, 2015, 01:52 PM »
I found the faith discussion then a church toppling your safety wall kind of ironic.

+1 - That was a nice touch.  The group should have been more panicked about the walkers outside the walls.  You get enough bodies pushing and they're bound to find a weak spot.  Or the church will just fall over.  I thought it was weird that Rick just started reinforcing a random spot versus looking around for something like the church. Good that he is preparing beyond just the walls, but should have back-up defenses all over the place (spears, chain link, obstacles, ditches, maybe a few lookouts, an escape plan, etc.  I think there are too many walkers for them to take on their own...this is a great spot for some other group to show and take care of business.

Glad Glenn is alive, not overly impressed with how they did it.  He only had to kill two walkers and hang out under the dumpster overnight?  Seemed easier than it should have.  I was surprised there weren't at least a few straggler zombies around.  I'm glad someone called out that Enid lured them with the cans - I don't recall seeing that in the show. 

Where did the balloons and propane come from?  Did I miss that?  Super convenient for the story, but not something I would have expected to find along the side of the road, complete with three already inflated balloons...?

I hate that Ron kid, but can't believe Rick is willing to teach him how to shoot.  If I shot someone's dad, no matter how good a reason, I can't envision a scenario where I'm putting a gun in his hands.  Like ever.  Speaking of which, might be a better system for guarding the ammo than leaving the door open with someone half-assing it in the next room.

Morgan, Morgan, Morgan.  All life is precious, except that life that seeks to end other lives.  He clearly sees himself in some of these idiots, but break it down to simple math.  If a guy is saying he is going to kill others if you let him live, then you're not protecting life by keeping him alive.  when Rick shared what happened at the RV that should have been a big fat wake-up call. 

Did we ever get an answer on what the bleeding wall thing is?  I didn't watch the last few Talking Deads.

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1776 on: November 25, 2015, 02:15 PM »
I thought it was weird that Rick just started reinforcing a random spot versus looking around for something like the church.

I thought they were re-enforcing the spot in the wall where the truck hit when the wolves attacked...

Where did the balloons and propane come from?  Did I miss that?

I believe they had marked the route they were going to herd the zombies away from Alexandria with those.  The balloons were along the road that Sasha/Abe were driving on...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1777 on: November 25, 2015, 06:38 PM »
Yeah I thought Rick was reinforcing that bit of wall too.  The blood thing is,IMO, just a bullet hole and zombies pressed against it outside.  So many would likely crush those who are against it.

And yeah that particular pod of balloons was the "rally point" after everything was done and safe.  So it's still there including the helium tank they had.  That was mentioned by Glenn to Enid when they came up with the idea of using the balloons to lure away the walkers.

I actually found the dumpster fairly believable only because it was my first thought that once under all you had to do was "plug the holes" at the bottom by killing walkers.  The smell and their blockage would keep you masked and safe.  And they'd kind of stick there too.  Weird that his feet were ok though. :x

I think someone on TD said only a daybhas passed this season in the show?  I agree tho that going forward I'd want to see if a backhoe is nearby and dig strategic pits outside, reinforce inside, put out traps ala Morgan, I'd find buses too and tires.  Instant wall material.  Use whats worked before.  But realize metal rusts and wood rots.  Plan ahead.

Oh and reinforce interior buildings.  In siege warfare every main structure is a fallback.  Even wall towers are designed to be individual castles it a wall is breached.  So no reason for these homes to look like they're out of the Donna Reed show anymore.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: November 25, 2015, 08:20 PM »
Predictions for mid-season "finale"

- Daryl, Sasha and Abraham will not arrive in time and will not be in the episode at all, thus leaving us hanging.

- Jessie is shot and killed by her son Ron, the Carl feud was  red herring.

- Carol will attempt to save Jessie's youngest son, only to fail as he gets bit and she has to put him down.

- Father Gabriel will hide in some building and lock the door behind him...just like he did before.

- Glenn and Enid will arrive in a hastily and improbably constructed hot air balloon, with only enough room to save our core heroes, everyone else dies or is presumed so (leaving it open for Morgan to return again), next year they are back on the road!

- Enid doesn't go with the group because the balloon is too heavy and to save everyone, she jumps out shouting "YOLO!" or "JSS" or something. Then she disappears from view.

- The big shocker is that as they leave they look down  from the balloon and several walkers have formed letters...the words read "You can't escape Rick", without a comma, leading some to wonder if Rick isn't to blame for something. Also, are the walkers controlled by a hive mind?  Or is this all Rick's dream?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: November 26, 2015, 03:52 PM »
- Glenn and Enid will arrive in a hastily and improbably constructed hot air balloon, with only enough room to save our core heroes, everyone else dies or is presumed so (leaving it open for Morgan to return again), next year they are back on the road!

HAHHAAHA!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: November 29, 2015, 07:07 PM »
To quote Mr Montoya in Princess Bride..."there will be blood tonight!"  ;D

Bring it on!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: November 29, 2015, 09:10 PM »
The ultimate Shakespearean Tragedy?  Glenn makes it back but Maggie dies when the walkers flood into Alexandria
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: November 29, 2015, 11:34 PM »
Someone please tell me why as a mid-season finale that didn't suck?

The Carol, Morgan, Wolf, Dr. thing was pure stupidity. Really?

Carl isn't going to say anything about what's his face trying to kill him? Ok.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: November 30, 2015, 12:12 AM »
Got nothing for ya. Underwhelming entirely.

Tara nor Rosita were willing to take the shot? Knowing what kind of people the Wolves are? In fact those two and Eugene almost might as well not have been in the episode.

Glenn got to shame Enid and then look over a wall. Wow.

The crib fake out...boooo! (It may have been the only effective bit in the episode actually...even if it was ridiculous that Deanna later summons enough strength to go out fighting.)

"Mom? Mom?"
She's gonna have to stop and break his neck, I guess.

I was wrong, I thought the first half of the season would cover a mere two days, now it's more than half the season.

I even hated the 2 minute preview for the mid-season premiere. Stopping. Getting out of the truck....really? REALLY?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 12:14 AM by Scockery »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: November 30, 2015, 07:19 AM »
I'm glad I wasn't the only one extremely underwhelmed. I was mentally preparing myself for someone important, or at least significant, from Rick's group to die.  I didn't even have the energy to wait for the 2 min "prologue". I recorded the next show so at some point I'll go back and watch it.