Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558198 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1785 on: November 30, 2015, 09:04 AM »
Yeah, same here...very underwhelming. I figured at the least a bunch of the Alexandrians would bite it. What happened to the guy Rosita and Tara dragged off anyway?

I think the Glenn/Nicholas storyline pretty much settled the whole stupidity of redemption question. Carl is just buying himself more trouble covering for that little psycho. LOL at him telling the kid his dead Dad was an a-hole. Someone had to say it.

And yeah, stupidest TV moment of the year goes to Tara and Rosita handing over their guns to that Wolf. WTF were you guys thinking? That was only marginally more stupid than Daryl and Company getting out of the truck in the prologue.

And seriously, NEEGAN?!?! Dude's name should rhyme with former President Reagan! Neegan just sounds silly. Like having a bad guy named Percy or something.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline dave in the basement

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: November 30, 2015, 09:52 AM »
Yeah, that episode was pure foreplay. They didn't necessarily wrap up every single plot point, but I would have liked some sort of closure on at least one item.

I recorded the Talking Dead, but I don't think I'll bother watching that now.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1787 on: November 30, 2015, 10:23 AM »
Dumbest move ever - handing over two guns to a dude holding a knife.

Biggest plot fail ever - psycho wolf dude who has declared his intention to kill everyone gets two guns in his hands, and then walks out without killing anybody.

I think the story has gotten too conventional.  Now we expect each character's story to wrap up before they bite it (or, more accurately, get bit).  In the first few seasons, it didn't work that way.  It felt like anybody but Rick could die at any time.  Bad decisions had immediate, fatal consequences.  And you could do everything right and still have a house fall on you.  Now that's gone.

I think the writers like the characters/actors too much now.  I remember when Beth died, one of the showrunners went on about how it sucked to kill anybody off because that meant they didn't get to work together any longer.  I understand the core folks are supposed to be very competent at this point, and wouldn't die as easily.  But now they just live on for no good reason despite idiocy.

Looking forward to mid-season when they come up with some stupid reason why the bikers don't gun down the folks from the truck.  "Now go back and tell your people that Negan's coming for them!"  Or maybe it'll be a kidnap and torture thing.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:48 AM by BillCable »
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: November 30, 2015, 12:23 PM »
I echo the thoughts here.  I even said while watching that the Carol-Morgan stuff was stupid.  This was underwhelming.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1789 on: November 30, 2015, 12:32 PM »
Bad decisions had immediate, fatal consequences. 

Like having a pscho wolf immediately kill Morgan, Carol, and doctor lady?

Agree that was such a bad/dumb sequence the whole way through to giving up the guns to the wolf...  only thing that even had me wondering in the episode was if they would have the balls to kill Maggie just days after getting glenn back to town.  But of course, no, she made it up to the ledge safe.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 12:32 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1790 on: November 30, 2015, 12:36 PM »
The whole "it takes 15 extra seconds to walk up one step on a ladder or over a fence" thing has got to stop as well.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: November 30, 2015, 06:44 PM »
It's all a fake out and like 6 people die in the February episode.

Abe, Sasha are gunned down and Daryl runs off in the woods, wounded again. Gabriel, Jessie and her kids are ripped apart.
That's all before the opening credits. LOL.

After that, the Wolf and the doctor die, then Carol wakes up and slits Morgan's throat. Then she demands Tara, Rosita and Eugene toss his body to the hungry walkers to cover up her actions.

Zombie Deanna defies her brainless state and leads the herd away to a new zombie community.

Rick remembers his promise to Deanna about looking after her son, only to discover his severed head being used for hacky sack by some walkers.

By the end of the episode Rick and Michonne are doing the nasty.  Not gutting more zombies, the other nasty.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:48 PM by Scockery »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1792 on: November 30, 2015, 06:55 PM »
For the most part I agree, especially the slow ladder climbing BS...  Good god.  If I had zombies on my ass I'd be climbing that fence like I was 15.

The Wolf thing, and the whole "we have to be merciful" thing that gets retreaded can die quickly now and never come up again.  When did this **** start, Dale back at the farm?  And here we are in Alexandria and it's still a topic?  Sheesh.

Also, did nobody ever get a chance to talk to Morgan and explain they were almost eaten?  Or that Carl was almost raped by the comic book guy form the Simpsons?  Yeah, I think the time for rehabbing folks is pretty much over. 

The handing over the guns was dumb...  Should've just had him take the chubby Dr. Katz out the door and sneaking away and the gunfire being a bad idea due to zombie black friday going on outside.

Worst mid-season episode ever.  Kinda shocked they offed Deanna, as I thought she was more important.  More Herschel-esque, but I don't read the comics.  I'm also shocked they didn't tie up a single loose-end.

I did like that Maggie kinda wound up like Glenn.  I thought that was a weird contrast (being stuck up on a platform surrounded).  I am sick of Enid.  I liked Carrrrroooollll dropping the mic on numbnuts.  I hate bowlcut boy tremendously and hope he gets eaten.

Why did he look sick btw?  WTF?

The episode felt half-assed kinda.  May need new blood involved.  Gimple/Herd have declined the quality somewhat IMO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1793 on: December 1, 2015, 02:54 AM »
Overall I thought it was an ok episode.  Nothing Earth shattering, but not the worst thing ever.

My big take away was that the little bastard is going to get some people killed!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1794 on: December 1, 2015, 03:28 AM »
Bowl cut boy is as annoying as Lorie ever was.  He needs to go.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1795 on: December 1, 2015, 09:41 AM »
Why did he look sick btw?  WTF?

He's suffering from PTSD.  Given that it's TV, they're making him look sickly. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: December 1, 2015, 11:32 AM »
I agree with a lot of you have said - stopping and getting out of the truck was ridiculous. There's something to be said for putting your foot on the gas and mowing them over. Truck vs. men & motorcycles, gee, I can't possibly think of which would "win". The guys with the motorcycles would be too busy getting out of your way to get a good clean shot off.

It's almost like the writers said "well Darryl is going to stop the truck because he'd be worried about one of their gunshots making the gas truck explode". I'm SO sick of the bull**** Hollywood myth that shooting a gas tank causes instant explosion. Every writer that falls for that cliche, needs to be sat down and forced to watch the Myth Busters episode (shame on the Discovery channel for the spelling error of "Expoding" instead of "Exploding") where they proved that shooting a car's gas tank with a gun caused nothing other than the bullet to go in one side and out the other. So yeah, maybe the gun shots would have punctured the tank, but it would have just meant that they were leaking gas, nothing more.

Jessie's older son getting the jump on Carl? Holy cow, how ridiculous - something that happened solely to move the plot along because having this group bunker-down in Jessie's house is "boring".

And Jessie's younger son? He must have a learning disorder or something. What makes that kid think "this would be a great time for me to call to my mom" and where the hell is Jessie's brain not to just squeeze his hand to give him a signal to shut the hell up? Maybe Jessie did think of doing that and realized that her precious little moron wouldn't have gotten the hint.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: December 1, 2015, 05:45 PM »
It was out of character them to stop...remember last time we saw them they fought off an ambush that wasn't even intended for them.

Now, they act like fools?

We are at the "characters acting stupid just to serve the plot" stage.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: December 1, 2015, 08:21 PM »
Finally went and watched the "getting out of the trucks" clip and am on board with all that has been said as far as stupidity/out of character/etc., BUT when that guy says, "your property now belongs to Negan" I got too excited to care about the beginning!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 1, 2015, 08:45 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1799 on: December 1, 2015, 09:28 PM »
Wouldn't have stopped for sure, nor gotten out, but also wouldn't want to be in a fuel truck shot, and being shot at some more, regardless of Mythbusters. :)

But yeah, no stopping.  No getting out.  None of that.