Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 562155 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1845 on: February 29, 2016, 01:28 AM »
The irony of Rick getting the RV stuck, and Michonne right there looking at him, was not lost on me.  Funny little callback.

I thought this was an ok episode...  Not the best, not the worst. 

I do find the whole, "Let's just kill 'em!" thing kind of silly/stupid but I get why they're doing it.  Since I don't know the comics much I'm guessing this was something done in the comics too?  The offer to handle the threat for them?

Like Hilltop's leader...  He seems like a real DB who will not survive being a DB forever.  New Porchdick of sorts.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: February 29, 2016, 06:18 AM »
Yes, handling The Saviors for Hilltop is done in the comic as well.

Definitely only an ok episode, but needed to set up the story going forward here
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 07:13 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: February 29, 2016, 09:26 AM »
It was a "slow" episode but it set up a lot of storylines and introduced new characters and didn't feel slow at all, really... I enjoyed it.

The group's overconfidence in thinking they can take Negan out is going to come back and bite them in the rear.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: February 29, 2016, 09:46 AM »
I enjoyed this episode, despite the "slower" pace than the previous episodes.  You knew a story episode was needed to set up what is coming.  And I thought Rick had a couple of really good one liners.

On top of that, it beat the hell out of watching the Oscars.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: February 29, 2016, 12:08 PM »
It's been a long time since Rick's group made a disastrously bad decision, so I guess they were due. Nice foreshadowing to have Maggie note that there will be a "price." Maybe she, Glenn and the baby can stay home and skip the Negan compound assault impending bloodbath? Please, Kirkman?

I didn't care for this episode, it just feels like they are rushing way too fast now. The attack on Negan's compound should be the season finale. (Especially seeing as how they showrunners have said repeatedly that Negan will not be introduced until the finale)

Just like with the Alexandrites you have to wonder how those idiot Hilltoppers have lasted this long. No fighters? No ammunition? Shady ******bag guy in charge? Seems like one herd wandering through would have ended the whole thing.

When Jesus said "your world is about to get a lot bigger" I guess he really meant to say "we've only met 1 other group the entire time since this outbreak started."  ::) Seems like he is the one living in the micro-universe. Rick's bunch has already met the Claimers, the Termites, the Wolves, the Woodberries, the Alexandrites, etc.

I would think he would have at least mentioned the dude with the tiger? (you can't thrown down with Negan without the Kingdom, right?)

WTF is going on with Abraham?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: February 29, 2016, 12:29 PM »

I would think he would have at least mentioned the dude with the tiger? (you can't thrown down with Negan without the Kingdom, right?)

I'm guessing we'll get Ezekiel, but thinking the tiger only works in the comics.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: February 29, 2016, 12:55 PM »
Just like with the Alexandrites you have to wonder how those idiot Hilltoppers have lasted this long. No fighters? No ammunition? Shady ******bag guy in charge? Seems like one herd wandering through would have ended the whole thing.

Could be Negan took all of their weapons and left them with those crappy spears? I mean, at least get a bow and arrow if that's not the case.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1852 on: February 29, 2016, 01:20 PM »

A round fence like they have would deflect a herd without incurring any damage.  Just gotta hole up and keep quiet.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: February 29, 2016, 06:17 PM »

A round fence like they have would deflect a herd without incurring any damage.  Just gotta hole up and keep quiet.

Maybe they could still smell them? LOL

The fence, I dunno, doesn't seem that much sturdier than Alexandria and that thing started to give away pretty quickly when they were massing up. You're not gonna clear many of those guys away with spears either. I think more than anything they've probably just been lucky, maybe even benefited from the same logjam at the quarry.

Can't help but wonder how those dudes managed to wreck all alone on the road in broad daylight too.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: February 29, 2016, 07:06 PM »
Walkers are lazy and won't walk uphill.

It's been a long time since Rick's group made a disastrously bad decision, so I guess they were due.

The group, yeah. Rick made a disastrous decision 2 episodes ago when he didn't get whats-her-name, Sam and Ron to a safe location ASAP...instead continuing to walk amid a heard as night fell. The quarry solution was a mess, excused only by Hand of God that made a semi fall off the cliff during the dry run. Rick's reaction to the abusive doctor was nutso. Rick going hand to hand with the herd was also Hand of God that had Daryl and friends show up to save the day.

Business as a usual for Rick, at least since getting to Alexandria.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: February 29, 2016, 09:59 PM »
Can't help but wonder how those dudes managed to wreck all alone on the road in broad daylight too.

Lori was driving  ;D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: March 1, 2016, 02:14 AM »
Pretty good setup episode.  Couple of thoughts:

- The Hilltop people have/had guns, they just ran out of ammo.  Pretty pointless to wave guns around if nothing's going to come out of them. 

- Jesus says their world is getting bigger because the Alexandrians don't have any regular communication or trade outside of their group.  The Hilltop knows at least one other peaceful settlement plus the Saviors, so that's a much larger world for Rick & company

- I don't know what the hell is going on with Abraham.  It seemed like he maybe has the hots for Sasha now instead of Rosita?  I am dreading what's coming for some of my favorite characters at this stage of the comic storyline.

- Gregory was/is a total prick.  Good casting right there.  Not sure how that guy is still in power though.

- I think Jesus planned this whole thing.  He doesn't like bending over for Neegan and ho knows Rick's group can fight.  He just let them think taking out Neegan was their own idea.

- Why didn't anyone ask Jesus's people what happened to them?  Did I miss that?  Seemed like some of them didn't make it, but did Neegan attack them or what? 

- Will Rick decide to take the supplies back to Alexandria before going after Neegan? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1857 on: March 1, 2016, 02:40 AM »
Hah @ the last question.

Probably not...  savin' gas. :P  They'll just RV it on over and kill Negan, then go back with the grub.

I wonder, since ammo is pretty low in general, when will they realize that finding stuff to make their own could be a massive advantage...  There has to be some rednecks around they can get into the fold who know how to do it.  Hell, it's the south, every other house probably has the tools necessary!   :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: March 1, 2016, 06:40 AM »

I wonder, since ammo is pretty low in general, when will they realize that finding stuff to make their own could be a massive advantage...  There has to be some rednecks around they can get into the fold who know how to do it.  Hell, it's the south, every other house probably has the tools necessary!   :-X

Eugene will serve a purpose soonish...................

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: March 1, 2016, 01:30 PM »
Well, from the previews, we know the RV goes back to Alexandria first so Rick can inform the town of his latest plan to get them all murdered.  ;)