Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557975 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1875 on: March 14, 2016, 02:34 PM »
Was that Agent 33 from Agents of SHIELD as the fingerless Savior? Sure looked like her.

That was not Maya Stojan.  According to Wikipedia, the role was played by Jeananne Goossen (though not credited on IMDB).
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1876 on: March 14, 2016, 03:40 PM »
I counted at least 18 in the satellite place, not sure how many done got blowed up by Darryl, and last night was 7 (3 women, 4 men).

They sure sent ****** reinforcements...  2 guys?  Wow the cavalry is here.

It's really gotta hit Rick at this point that they can't possibly be sure they got everyone.  Maggie/Carol should confirm that with Rick despite that last dude's claim.  It'd be dumb to believe otherwise, but then again the attack was kind of ill-conceived anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: March 14, 2016, 06:16 PM »
The reinforcements were just a scouting group that happened to be close, weren't they?

Rick and amigos should have enough guns now to arm Hilltop, if they trust Hilltop.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1878 on: March 15, 2016, 12:07 AM »
What was left at the satellite place was kind of absurd.  It was like all they had was mitary grade stuff and a spear, haha.  No hunting rifles?  Lever action?  I don't think I've seen a .22 or a small gauge shotgun yet since this began yet you'd think these would be everywhere.  Hell, I know I have 3 .22's here.  Nobody has one anywhere on this show though.  Not as cool I guess. :(

Why was that group from last night out by themselves?  And then two more guys out and about?  Negans group seems better thought out than all this.

Fortunately for Ricks crew everyone who knows about them in Negans army is dead, unless that random car that popped up behind the bikers turns out to be more than a mistake on the show.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: March 15, 2016, 07:39 PM »
I still say if they were smart, they'd leave some W's carved on a few heads and write "wolves not far", so if there are anymore wolves, the Saviors will go after them.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: March 16, 2016, 12:51 AM »
Another great episode.  Agree that these are some of the best we've seen since the series started.  I really thought the negotiation thing was going to last longer too - surprised they wrapped it all up in one show. 

I think Maggie was playing soft at first, but then started to see herself in that redhead after she took a punch from the abusive guy.  Seeing a version of yourself in the crazed eyes of someone else is probably a pretty sobering experience.  I thought for sure she was going to bite it (pun intended) when that walker slide off the spike.

Seems like Negan's group has a pretty advanced system of outposts, scouts, procedures, and codes.  The reinforcements were probably just the closest group.  The "We are all Negan" cultist thing is an interesting take.  Rick's group is thinking they took out the top guy, so should be fun to watch them proved wrong. 

I really liked the "you're not the good guys" line.  Rick's group did attack these guys somewhat unprovoked (unless you count the biker gang).  They killed Negan's people in their sleep, and the mess they left in the safe house sure won't look like self defense.  It was a lot more clear who was right vs. wrong in the comic, but the show is getting a bit ambiguous about it now...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1881 on: March 17, 2016, 12:07 AM »
I like the pacing of the last two episodes and that the wins have been kind of easy....we're being set up for one hell of a fall in the next three weeks.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: March 21, 2016, 12:04 AM »
Well that was a  set up to a shocking moment. Apparently not exactly what comic fans were expecting I gather.

And people acting stupid. Let's not all take the same path, let's try and prove ourselves in dangerous walker kills....Carol, you know Daryl won't accept that!

I give Morgan credit, the prison cell isn't really a bad idea, but such labor needs to go towards defenses.

Confused by Dwight's burns, to me it implied he was at the safe house and burned by Carol but survived. But then I read about his comic character, so....(this means, you don't have to tell me, because I know....just saying that I was initially confused.)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 12:05 AM by Scockery »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: March 21, 2016, 01:30 AM »
Dr. Kill caught me off guard, but not the same impact as it's comic counterpart.

Loving Dwight is a part of the show with same physical appearance as comic. I really enjoyed his comic arc.

I generally don't feel the need to point out unrealistic/illogical scenes in fictional tv shows but the Dr. in the pharmacy and with the car was just plain dumb.

I'm still hoping Carol will get to kill Morgan at some point
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:36 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1884 on: March 21, 2016, 02:39 AM »
Not the best ep this season but ok...  Didn't see the doc dying, but Hilltop has one so now they have that as leverage too.

Eugene...  Wow.  Uh.  Hmmm.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: March 21, 2016, 08:55 AM »
Never have so many, given so much...for a can of soda?!?

Seriously, I hope they at least bought that damn can of pop back to Alexandria so they could bequeath it to Tara. "Hey, your girlfriend is dead but she wanted you to have this RC...drink up, baby!"

And now you have all these great meds and no one to administer them. (ok, forgot about the Hilltop doc, but that is a long drive if you have an emergency)

I love how Daryl is more worried about the bike than whatever happened to that girl that was in the burned forest with Dwight. No one seems curious what happened to her?

I didn't even realize that was supposed to be Dwight in that previous episode, did they ever even say his name? Iron to the face...nice. Not quite as brutal as the electric stove top to the face ala The Shield a few years back, but effective nonetheless.

I knew the bullet idea would make some of you guys happy. Good to see someone thinking ahead at least.

It's like Abraham and Carol suddenly switched their crazy. One stays and one goes but not the ones you would have thought. Kind of a weird swerve there. Hard to see where they are going with that but I assume she will either be killed or return to save the day like with Terminus. Hopefully the latter.

Most disturbing thing to me was Dwight' comment about what a nice place they had in Alexandria. Seems to confirm they are watching them...I figured they would have an impossibly difficult time ever finding them over such a large area, but then again I have actually been to Alexandria and the writers probably never have so they don't understand that there are more then 3 roads in and out of the place.  ::)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1886 on: March 21, 2016, 09:08 AM »
I generally don't feel the need to point out unrealistic/illogical scenes in fictional tv shows but the Dr. in the pharmacy and with the car was just plain dumb.

They're doing all kinda dumb stuff.   I think with the doc she was trying to build up courage or something.  Extremely ill-advised, but somewhat understandable.

Eugene is extremely lucky they ran into Daryl's group, otherwise he'd have been the only leverage they had to get into Alexandria, and that likely wouldn't have boded well for him.  And I'm surprised Daryl didn't notice a dozen guys creeping up on him.  City life is making him dull.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: March 21, 2016, 10:11 AM »
Never have so many, given so much...for a can of soda?!?

Seriously, I hope they at least bought that damn can of pop back to Alexandria so they could bequeath it to Tara. "Hey, your girlfriend is dead but she wanted you to have this RC...drink up, baby!"

And she just took the one can and left the others. Because it's not like soda has calories and people need those in a town that had a dwindling food supply.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1888 on: March 21, 2016, 10:48 AM »
Anyone watch Talking Dead? Rosita was smoking on it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1889 on: March 21, 2016, 12:36 PM »
Anyone else disturbed at what happened in the back room of the pharmacy?
This is the way.

I have spoken.