Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 565116 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1890 on: March 21, 2016, 01:03 PM »
Was that supposed to be a child predator thing?  I was too busy thinking "what's this idiot doing" to really take in the scenery. 
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: March 21, 2016, 01:30 PM »
I assumed they just drowned the child in there.  I was waiting for the infant to pop out of the water and bite someone.

My wife and I discussed that a bit and agreed that its good they don't usually show kids/babies as zombies.  That is probably a bit too disturbing for a prime time TV show.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: March 21, 2016, 02:16 PM »
I was thinking she went crazy and ate the kid, not sure if it was before or after she turned though. Gross stuff for sure.

I'm pretty sure they did Zombie Baby early on in "Z-Nation", but yeah, I don't think they would go there on WD. (But i'm all for the dude with the tiger, come on Dalrymple!)

:D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1893 on: March 21, 2016, 03:54 PM »
I assumed they just drowned the child in there.  I was waiting for the infant to pop out of the water and bite someone.

I didn't think much of it. Just thought it was a drowning.  Was also expecting it to jump out and bite her.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: March 21, 2016, 09:30 PM »
Anyone watch Talking Dead? Rosita was smoking on it.
Yeah, I usually only watch the first fifteen or so minutes of it and then get bored.  Visually enticing throughout.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1895 on: March 21, 2016, 10:54 PM »
Dumbest thing on the show any single person has done was Abraham breaking up with her.  Clearly THAT is something nobody believes would happen.

I can but the rpg stuff and impossible head shots more.

Talking Dead has a few bright spots but every week is a chore to sit through the filler to get to the behind the scenes things, or the preview for next week.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1896 on: March 21, 2016, 11:40 PM »
Dumbest thing on the show any single person has done was Abraham breaking up with her.  Clearly THAT is something nobody believes would happen.

That's my reaction. I told my buddy I can believe the entire Zombie apocalypse but there is no way he is breaking up with her. Least believable thing on the show.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1897 on: March 21, 2016, 11:48 PM »
The sex in the show is kinda goofy when you think about it but it's worse in the comic I think.  Relationships are kind of necessary for story but I think Darryl's storyline is the most believable in the situation.  Too busy to get busy.  You've got **** to kill and stink to accumulate.

Getting laid probably is not that high on the importance chart...  Except Glenn.  The apocalypse was the best thing to happen to that guy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: March 27, 2016, 11:21 PM »
Tonight's episode, Everybody runs out of Alexandria and gets into trouble for no logical reason. Well, not everybody, just half of them.

Morgan justifies his actions as all part of a circle, never mind if it weren't for him saving the Wolf that Denise never would've been put in harm's way to begin with.

I thought maybe he got bit and didn't want to tell Rick.

A HORSE! A HORSE! MY KINGDOM FOR A HORSE!! Rick and Morgan encounter Richard the III. This after they meet Carol's stunt double in a clever SPACEBALLS reference. (The walker was played by Carol's stunt double)

Carol is still a murder machine. Next time we see her, one of her limbs will have been replaced with a weapon of some sort. Maybe a flame thrower.

Daryl's city living has made him SOFT again.

Where's Aaron in all this? Sorry, only allowed two Alexandrites at a time, this time Tobin and Enid. Next time Deanna's son and I dunno.

And Fear the Walking Flight 30 (seconds) part 105...and we still don't care. Should've made them webisodes. How come none of the past webisodes ever tied back into the series? (Besides bicycle woman) WHAT HAPPEN TO STORAGE UNIT COUPLE?  ???
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 11:22 PM by Scockery »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1899 on: March 28, 2016, 02:21 AM »
I think we got our first look at someone from the Kingdom tonight.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1900 on: March 28, 2016, 08:02 AM »
They did a good job lining up four different possibilities for the baseball bat.  It'll keep the Internet guessing all week.  I wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few casualties.  I don't expect Rosita or Abraham to make it through.  They might wuss out and save both Glenn and Daryl.

Overall, kind of a stupid episode.  Stupid on the part of every character.  They're expecting an imminent attack, so half a dozen of them leave for mostly stupid reasons.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: March 28, 2016, 09:20 AM »
I don't get the Carol thing. I was sorta digging her regretting killing all these people, but here she is murdering Saviors like the old days.

Did I see the ending I thought I saw?

Agreed with half of the town leaving while expecting an attack. It's like the ghost of Lori has inhabited everyone.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: March 28, 2016, 09:34 AM »
Last night really harkened back to Season 2 and even Season 3. 

It was full of stupid decisions that couldn't be explained.  It was also full of a lot of talk about rash decisions.  Nothing really happened, until the very end.  And then we are left with "Okay, now what?"  And we will all tune in for the season finale so we can see if they decided to off Darryl or Glen or Rosita, or whoever...

What was Carol's purpose in leaving?  As smart as she is, she should know someone would head after her.  Why would Darryl leave?  Has he really lost his mind?  Why would some of the main guns in town head off in a van to chase down Darryl?  Why did Rick really feel the need to go with Morgan?  Did Morgan telegraph his own death by telling Rick not to come looking for him?

Seriously, this half of the season has been really, really good, but that episode sucked donkey ass.

Overall, I guess it drove the plot into the finale, but then again, did it really set anything up? It set up Maggie heading down the road to the Hilltop for medical attention, so maybe that's where we will end up in comparison to the comic.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: March 28, 2016, 09:53 AM »
I think we got our first look at someone from the Kingdom tonight.

Who? The dude with the Invisible Horse? WHERES THE #$%^& TIGER, WRITERS?!?!  :D

It seems everyone even Hardwick agrees that they all acted stupidly running off like that. Carol would have been fine and only Daryl would have been taken, which happened anyway. I was practically screaming "GLEN, DON'T GO!!"  :(

BTW, I have had about enough with the ninjalike prowess of the Saviors sneaking up on people like Daryl and Michonne who are just so much better than them in every way. Last episode at the train tracks was bad enough but last night was too much. What, are they the Others from LOST or something?

Scoreboard up to something like 55-1 Alexandrites vs Saviors. I guess their compound is the whole city of DC or something because come on, how %^&* many of those aholes are there??

What did Carol have up her sleeve, an UZI? That was a serious spray of bullets.

So the 1 Savior that was left alive - he was hiding in the trees watching Rick and Morgan right? I thought after they went into the fields to look for Carol he followed them, but then they never went back to that. You would think Rick would have stumbled on him on his way back to the car. So what happened to that guy? He must show up next week because they showed that damn crucifix again in the Preview and apparently that string of rosary beads is now the most important symbolic artifact in the world.  ???

I was really convinced that Carol was going to be the last minute pinch hitter for Lucille - she has gotten a lot of screen time of late and her personal journey has kind of come full circle. Not sure how much growth is left for her character at this point. Storywise it doesn't make sense to kill Michonne yet, and I don't think Rosita checking out would be dramatic enough. Which just leaves Glenn or Daryl. I feel like Glenn's story is still evolving too, and he hasn't been given much screen time lately, AND they just teased his death a few episodes back anyway, so I'm hoping he gets a reprieve. But Maggie's new haircut has me worried again.  :-[

I almost want to see them kill Daryl just to watch the Internets explode next week.  :P
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1904 on: March 28, 2016, 10:16 AM »
I think the Savior leaving the firefight was out of chronological order - a flashback.  That's how I read it, at least.  It was his blood that Morgan and Rick tracked.