Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 563846 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1905 on: March 28, 2016, 12:08 PM »
I think the Savior leaving the firefight was out of chronological order - a flashback.  That's how I read it, at least.  It was his blood that Morgan and Rick tracked.

I thought that as well, but if that was the case, there was no indication of that being the case.  I guess there was some time-shifting in the episode so it could make sense.

They did a good job lining up four different possibilities for the baseball bat.  It'll keep the Internet guessing all week.

100% agree here.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: March 28, 2016, 05:11 PM »
4? What about Carol and Morgan who could also get captured....so potential casualties could go as high as six. Imagine all six getting whacked like t-balls.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 09:57 PM by Scockery »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1907 on: March 28, 2016, 05:24 PM »
I can't see either of them as candidates for Negan.  They're at least 13 miles from Alexandria, and headed in the wrong direction.  The other 4 are captured nearby by the group that was threatening to use them as hostages to get in just a week ago.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1908 on: March 28, 2016, 06:20 PM »
Don't really care how it happens (abortion, miscarriage, whatever), just don't want to have watch Maggie go full-term with this thing.

(Someone slicing Maggie's stomach, killing the fetus, which becomes a zombie fetus, which then proceeds to eat Maggie from the inside out, Alien-style, falls under "whatever")
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 06:24 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1909 on: March 28, 2016, 09:10 PM »
I think Maggie just has IBS.

Yeah, the whole kick off to the episode was stupid...  Why's Carol just running away?  Makes little sense that she just up and takes off, and yes she'd have to know they'd look for her so she's just making matters worse by doing this.

I didn't get the impression the Savior following Carol and/or Morgan/Rick was out of order chronologically but Rick does go back and doesn't bump into him it seems, so there's that backing that theory up.  But that's some really dumb writing on the part of the show if that's the case.  Confusing for no reason.

Darryl running off is the only reason I would want Darryl dead.  He's, IMO, one of the more interesting characters on the show, but running off is so Carl it's not even funny, and then everyone else running off in kind is just ugh. 

And yes, Carol's gun up her sleeve...  Yet, it's fully auto with no visible magazine?  An Uzi wouldn't fit up your sleeve like that...  I can't think of much that would, and would put down that many rounds onto a car like that.  Neat idea, ****** final look to it though.

Speaking of Carol, she was just going to drive past a truckload of armed dudes staring at them?  Yeah she's the badass on the show?  Right.

Just a lot of dumb rolled up into one episode.

Oh, not to mention the slackjawed yocal from the Simpsons has gotten the drop on Darryl, the ultimate outdoorsman redneck from S1, multiple times now?  FFS come on! 

So a lot of meh last night.  Besides the last scene to get the teeny bopper fans all wound up on the twitters for a week, there wasn't a ton to last night that was interesting or even logica/intelligent.

And yes...  where are the gay guys?  I've been wondering what's up with those two for a while.  They're actually competent, but they're nowhere to be found right now.

Fear had better have a better season 2 than its launch did.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: March 28, 2016, 10:07 PM »
They used misdirection in last week's previews, we were meant to think Daryl went after Carol...when he doesn't even know she's left.

Also, Negan's peeps know about Alexandria. How long have they known? HOW LONG? ENID'S A SPY!!! (Are people still saying that, because it got old...)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1911 on: March 29, 2016, 08:21 AM »
(Someone slicing Maggie's stomach, killing the fetus, which becomes a zombie fetus, which then proceeds to eat Maggie from the inside out, Alien-style, falls under "whatever")

That's not how this works!  That's not how any of this works!!

Seriously, though - a surface slice to the abdomen wouldn't impact the progress of a pregnancy.  And a zombie fetus at this stage of development wouldn't have teeth.  Or a jaw.  It'd be the size of a grape.

I don't even think she got sliced anway - only her shirt.  I think the shirt slice was supposed to unleash her motherly rage or something.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: March 29, 2016, 10:48 AM »
I certainly like me some Daryl, but I've got no issue with Dwight getting the upper hand on him if the show Dwight is anything like the comic Dwight.

The stupidity of the decisions in this episode are fireable offenses for the writers in my opinion
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: March 29, 2016, 11:08 AM »
Do the characters make similar bad decisions in the comic series?

It seems the show oscillates between somewhat plausible plot drivers (everyone is sick in the prison so we've got to venture out and find antibiotics) and randomness (we're likely to be attacked any minute by a formidable force we know very little about, but lets all run out in different directions).

I get it that the zombies and carnage are part of the draw, but couldn't this show also be clever all of of the time and have a consistently logical plot?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 02:47 PM by Dave »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1914 on: March 29, 2016, 02:41 PM »
IMO they all do equally dumb things in the comics.

I it's about how people "deal with things" I guess they're trying to emphasize the emotional reaction over the thought out logical one.  To that end I get everyone doing what they do kind of knee jerk.  But to me that's the only thing that justifies any of it, and it really barely does.  It just is sometimes ****** writing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: April 3, 2016, 02:15 PM »

And yes...  where are the gay guys?  I've been wondering what's up with those two for a while.  They're actually competent, but they're nowhere to be found right now.

Are they on the scouting trip with Tara?
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: April 3, 2016, 02:19 PM »
I've not read the graphic novels - but between the chatter on this board, Glen's long look at Maggie in his rear-view and Maggie's comment about having to keep moving forward and not letting anything get in her way - do not bode well for everyone's fav walker bait  :'(
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1917 on: April 3, 2016, 03:23 PM »
I kind of agree, Tracy, but I also think the show might have someone else meet Lucille just to throw comic fans for a loop.

Honestly, this show has diverged from the comic in very significant ways.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: April 3, 2016, 04:26 PM »
I really hope you are right about that, Matt. I am not looking forward to tonight's episode...

Ps - Tara is with Heath...Aaron & pal are chilling back in Alexandria. At least they will be ok.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: April 3, 2016, 06:32 PM »
I feel more and more it's gonna be Glenn
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within