Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 562145 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1950 on: April 6, 2016, 07:45 AM »
The worst part is that the victim will be deduced before it is revealed on the show as production info leaks out.  I'm talking about who is on set, who isn't, who is working on a new project, ETC.  Now you could say "don't listen to the spoilers!" but that won't fly here because we all know that person who loves to be "the spoiler."  Most of the time, these things are low profile enough not to be noticed, but the comings and goings early in the production of S7 are going to be more widely covered.

I get the idea behind the cliffhanger, but this isn't going to end well for them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1951 on: April 6, 2016, 09:52 PM »
Glenn and the Flyers Twitter accounts had a fun exchange tonight. :)  Wasn't sure if this should be TWD or the hockey thread, but it fit both well ultimately.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: April 8, 2016, 04:10 PM »
Some passing questions lingering after the finale:

I think they definitely overdid it as far as the sheer # of Saviors and their omnipotent ability to be everywhere at once. For one thing, it makes it seemingly impossible to believe that with all those guys running around they wouldn't have found Alexandria months ago. I also find it hard to believe they wouldn't have run across the Wolves or vice versa. Or more recently Tara and Heath who have been out on their run for awhile now.

Is it really smart to keep glomming all these people together anyway? What happens when there are so many Saviors they cant support themselves anymore? You can only steal so much after all, it's a very finite # of resources available. I would think the Governor's way would work a lot better - only take the strongest and fittest and eliminate anyone that might be a potential source of trouble.

Seems like the more people you collect the more trouble you are asking for. What if someone wanted to leave and live at the Hilltop? Or Alexandria? Would that be allowed?

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: April 8, 2016, 04:18 PM »
Seems like the more people you collect the more trouble you are asking for.

Agreed.  I assume this is where the next season starts off.

Pulling in a successful/powerful clan (Alexandria) and thinking they won't be a threat is just silly.  The Alexandrians have so far killed somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 Saviors and lost only 2 of their own.  It seems like a bad idea to try and rule them as opposed to just crush them and take their stuff.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: April 11, 2016, 02:02 AM »
Finally got around to watching the finale, and I thought it was pretty good.   Something of a let down from some of the great early episodes of the second half, but a cool way to terrorize Rick's group.  My take was that the Saviors have been watching Alexandria for a long time.  They knew about the spiked cars in the front, so they've obviously gotten in close.  We know they have patrols and contact over the airways from when Maggie and Carol were captured.  I think they planned out those barricades way in advance, then put things into motion and improvised as needed.  They probably knew when Daryl left and a small group followed, and they likewise probably called it in when the RV left.  I'm guessing they made the connection to the Hilltop as well, so easy enough to figure out which roads to block and shift teams around between the two sites.  They probably had scouts all around the woods and called it in when they started unloading the RV too.

The Carol leaving thing is very irritating.  I wish Morgan had just convinced her to return somehow or she had died.

I'm among the few that really didn't mind the cliffhanger.  It will spur lots of guessing and discussion, and they'll get a large crowd for the S7 premiere to find out who it was.  If they kill a big name like Daryl, you might have some people get pissed and leave the show.  If you kill a bit character like Rosita or Sasha, it's not a meaningful loss and people complain that the writers chickened out.  They are much better off making us wonder what happened. 

I do think it might have been Glenn just given all the recent goodbyes with Maggie.  But I think Negan understands the value of keeping loved ones around to make sure you have something to lose/fear. Given that, I think Maggie/Glenn and Rick/Carl are both safe.  In the comic, he jokes about not killing the minorities because he doesn't want to play the race card, so that could mean Michonne, Sasha, Rosita, and Glenn are safe too.  I'm guessing it's Eugene or Abraham.  They had a little make up session beforehand and either looks big enough to have a better chance of surviving that initial hit from Lucille.  Eugene gave the bullet-making info to Rick, so the story doesn't need him for anything else.  And Abraham has been acting weird for a few episodes now.  He would have been dead by now anyway in the comic-verse.  Runner up guess is Norman Reedus for the reasons above and I think Negan would see Daryl as someone who might stuggle to fall in line. 

Its gonna be a long wait to find out....
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 02:07 AM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: July 24, 2016, 05:48 PM »
Season 7 official trailer is out!

And some people thought they wouldn't have the stones to put Shiva on the show...blasphemy!

;D

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: July 24, 2016, 08:24 PM »
Well, working a Hindu deity into the show is bound to cause some controversy.

It's funny to maintain the suspense they can't show 80% of the cast. So Morgan, Carol and Tara, whom I'd forgotten about. And Deanna's remaining son.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1957 on: October 9, 2016, 08:35 AM »
I would not be surprised at all if the October 23rd premier of this next season of TWD has LOWER ratings than last season.   I honestly hope it does...

I predict you're going to be hugely disappointed.  Whoever died is going to be spoiled within seconds on social media.  No person who watches the show is going to want that information spoiled.  So I'd expect the premiere to get the show's highest ratings.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: October 9, 2016, 11:47 AM »
I would not be surprised at all if the October 23rd premier of this next season of TWD has LOWER ratings than last season.   I honestly hope it does...

I predict you're going to be hugely disappointed.  Whoever died is going to be spoiled within seconds on social media.  No person who watches the show is going to want that information spoiled.  So I'd expect the premiere to get the show's highest ratings.

I'm actually doing everything I can to find out who it was beforehand. If I confirm it is Xxxxx I don't plan on watching at all. Mostly because it would ultimately be a HUGE jerk around of the fan base. The ONLY way the stupid cliffhanger would be justified would be if they changed it from the comics. (I assume everyone knows who gets it in the comics but I redacted it anyway)

I find it almost impossible to believe it won't leak sometime before the airing too. That would literally be the best kept secret in television since Who Shot JR. Fingers crossed.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: October 9, 2016, 06:34 PM »
The NYCC clip hints at it being someone. But who knows.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: October 10, 2016, 10:58 AM »
The NYCC clip hints at it being someone. But who knows.

Yeah, so did the panel apparently, based on some of the actor comments. And some Instagram detective work to see who is not in GA filming currently.

;)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: October 18, 2016, 11:11 AM »

You are probably right. But that promo they've put up everywhere which shows Rick telling Neagan that he's going to kill him, is just about the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

Before Neagan bashed someone's head in he said that if anyone says or does anything, to rip out Carl's remaining eye and feed it to Rick. He then beat someone's head in with a baseball bat wrapped in barbwire. Now Rick is going to pick that moment to NOT stay quiet and tell Neagan that he's going to kill him?!?!?

If Neagan drags Rick into the trailer and proceeds to cut off Rick's right hand with the hatchet, I will turn off the show.

I can understand Rick can be shown to be upset and a little bit in shock, but to say something so incredibly stupid to a man who clearly has ALL of the control at that moment is bad writing and I would expect nothing less from the "brilliant" mind behind Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.  :-X

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: October 18, 2016, 04:47 PM »
You know they won't reveal any of that until at least 20 minutes into the episode. Watch them go to Carol and Morgan first or to the peeps in Alexandria, as Rick and company come back and we have to pay attention to whose still there...as Rick then explains in flashback or has flashbacks. Maggie won't be there, AH-HAW...but then it turns out she's recovering at Hilltop. Eugene isn't there...Ah-haw! But turns out he went to make ammo.  Daryl's NOT THERE! oh, no...but Turns out he went to look for Carol.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: October 19, 2016, 08:35 AM »
Pretty sure Daryl spends this season as a "guest" of the Saviors so he and Dwight can continue their weird bromance.

Just go ahead and kill Maggie, that's LIKE killing Glenn, without actually having to kill him. Oh, but she got a new haircut!

I wonder if there is any end Kirkman could craft to the comic that would be even remotely satisfying at this point.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: October 20, 2016, 03:07 PM »
I stopped watching TWD halfway through S6. Really doesn't interest me that much anymore. It's become a bit repetitive in that Rick and his gang are on the run, they find a safe haven and get captured again by the next group of bad guys. Yes, I know SW is a bit repetitive too, but SW is holy and untouchable  ;D